Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2020 1:02:01 PM EDT
American,Southwest,or United. If one folds it helps the others. Surely eventually things will get to where people are flying regularly.
I’m interested in investing in one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d invest in Southwest for longevity, AA for a quicker gain.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thread should have been titled "what is the prettiest mare at the slaughterhouse?"

None. If Berkshire wanted out that tells you that they are going to go lower for awhile at least.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I split and went with DAL and LUV.

Airlines are a bad investment.

Buffet's buy in was at $59 for DAL and they sold in the $20s.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:09:07 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are considering an airline, I would look into ALK.

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#5]
SAVE. They have one of the better balance sheets among the airlines. I think small domestic airlines will rebound before the bigger ones.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Take a look at Alaska, Southwest, and Spirit Aerospace. If I was you, I would invest into Spirit Aerospace and flip a coin on Alaska or Southwest. The smaller domestic flight will rebound faster than international. I'm doing good on all of them, bought them near the low two months ago and my gains are averaging at 50%.

At the peak of COVID Southwest kept its value slightly above Alaska for two months but now Alaska is beating SW slightly.

The reason I would suggest Spirit is because they build the fuselodge for the 737, if they go down Boeing is down and that meams the airline Industry is seriously fucked somewhat like today. In the high time Spirit holds at $90 a share and it's hovering $30 today.

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I just enrolled in the ALK ESPP for the first time in April.  I see Alaska staying solvent with some money to make on the back end.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#8]
May 14th DAL was at a low of $18.24 today it topped out at $32.38.

If Buffet was going to buy back in May 14th would have been the day.

DAL is in the best financial position of all the airlines.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#9]
If it folds and from the ashes a new conglomerate is formed where does that leave the stock holders?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it folds and from the ashes a new conglomerate is formed where does that leave the stock holders?
View Quote
You get whatever is left over

Link Posted: 6/6/2020 5:08:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Went with DAL.  Articles i read showed they were best squared away of major airlines.

I dont usually buy individual stocks (index investor)  but i kicked myself in 2008/2009 for not buying individual stocks near the bottom.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top