Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2019 1:05:39 PM EDT
Life has been hectic the past couple months. Thinking of checking out and go diving for a week or 2. I’ve been to Hawaii 3 times, Turks 3 times and the Bahamas a couple times. I’m thinking a resort would fit the bill but also thinking about a live aboard.

Where would you go?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#1]
@Marie could give you some suggestions.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.aggressor.com/palau.php
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I dove in St. Croix this last Jan.  Easy, American territory and fairly cheap.  Stay on the East end - stcroixscuba.com
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Bonaire is nice if you like to dive on your own schedule and dive a lot.  Shore diving (unless you want boat) and you pay for unlimited air for the week.

Little Cayman and Cayman Brac were favorites of ours, too.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Virgin Islands.
US territory with lots of flights.
Island hopping between islands is easy.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Virgin Islands.
US territory with lots of flights.
Island hopping between islands is easy.
View Quote
This story ruined me from ever diving in the Virgin Islands.  I know.... 1 in a million, right?  But still:

https://www.undercurrent.org/blog/2009/09/10/diving-shark-attack/
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bonaire is nice if you like to dive on your own schedule and dive a lot.  Shore diving (unless you want boat) and you pay for unlimited air for the week.

Little Cayman and Cayman Brac were favorites of ours, too.
View Quote
Second this. My dive buddies went to Bonaire and enjoyed it. Said most everything there is to see isn't really deep either (<100').

I did Grand Cayman a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Wish we had hit Brac as well.

if you have the time and money and you like wrecks do Tru Lagoon on the Odyssey.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#8]
My favorite was chartering a 55' sailboat in Belize with a captain that grew up the child of a lighthouse keeper. He knew all the key islands like the back of his hand.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks everyone. I ran with Lead-slingers link and booked a week on the Aggressor 2 out of Turks. Air fare was relatively cheap and I booked a 7 day. I dove in Turks on 2 different trips and saw that boat a few times. Always wondered what it would be like to do a live aboard. I leave Friday. Oh, I booked the master State room. Happy holidaze!
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Amy Slate’s dive resort in Key Largo is loved by friends.

For St. Croix, I’ll recommend Sweet Bottom Dive Center. It’s run by my tech instructor’s parents - a former Chicago paramedic and a nurse. Friends have also gone there and loved it. Sweet Bottom specializes in small groups.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you Sir. It’s kinda a double bonus. Now leaving Wednesday. Flying in 2 days before departure and diving with Dive Provo for a day. Will be my 3rd time with that shop. Can’t say enough good things about those people. I am Freaking Psyched! Been a miserable year. Arfcom curse in July. Bought a new house last month. Paid cash. Rebounded with a 20 year old girlfriend. That red headed hooker is leaving in the morning. Kinda feel like a E 5 with a reinlistmant bonus.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I was in Cozumel and Grand Cayman a month ago.

I'm already planning another stop in Grand Cayman this spring.  Go there.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top