Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2024 4:59:56 PM EDT
Not a for sale thread.

A good friend and fellow Freemason / Shriner passed some time ago. His widow has finally become ready to let some of his things go.

I am not quite sure which Rolex he has, but I am guessing an Oyster. He wasn’t a flashy man, so it would have been a basic (most likely) Rolex. He did change the face to one with diamonds though (non Rolex).

He was a person that was  obsessive compulsive when taking care of his things. For instance he had it serviced annually until his passing. So it has been less than two years since last serviced. I believe he has everything that would have come with it except the original Rolex face.

What would be a honest, reliable, trustworthy place for me to refer her to so she can  get it sold.

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 5:21:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#1]
I'd find the model/condition and look it up on Ebay "Sold Auction" listings to find out what fair market value is.

I'd then take it locally to a couple jewelers/pawn shops to get some local offers for to see what comps in your area look like

At that point I'd figure out if it is worth the delta to get cash for it locally without the hassle/risk of selling it online.

I'm sure you could always get more online but there is some risk there when the guy who buys it on Ebay returns an empty box with a rock in it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd start with DavidSW or maybe Bob's Watches.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WWolfe:
I'd start with DavidSW or maybe Bob's Watches.
View Quote

I'd contact both of these if you don't want to mess with the public.  Neither will close the deal until they inspect it, but I've had both give me price ranges over the phone. You could also throw it up here in the EE and ask for offers.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Op you may wish to contact Inventory Adjuster in Phoenix AZ. .
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Post up the Model & some photos
We can help you value it.

Make her a fair offer.
And keep it for yourself & wear it.
And remember your friend every time you wear it

Does she have local jeweler she trust or you do that you have done business with before?  It try there, a local store might want to buy it before shipping it.

Or Bob watch on line is reputable
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By G_S:

Post up the Model & some photos
We can help you value it.

Make her a fair offer.
And keep it for yourself & wear it.
And remember your friend every time you wear it

Does she have local jeweler she trust or you do that you have done business with before?  It try there, a local store might want to buy it before shipping it.

Or Bob watch on line is reputable
View Quote

What a great post and idea.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I sold a NIB one here in EE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top