User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you even know how a terrier kills a rat? If you think that's as bad as setting one on fire then you're stupider than I thought.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So ferrets and terrors don't cause the rodent any undue stress or pain?

Seems like you like your sadism just fine as long as you're only watching.

Do you even know how a terrier kills a rat? If you think that's as bad as setting one on fire then you're stupider than I thought.
Is it less terrifying of less painful than a snap trap?

No, I didn't think so.

Therefore by your own measure you're being unnecessarily cruel.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe you should do some reading about Hantavirus, that's a nice rodent transmitted disease, or perhaps you enjoy rat and mouse shit all through the hay and grains you're feeding your cattle and horses.

Eradication of animals that fuck with the food I'm feeding my stock doesn't even raise a blip on my conscious.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:31:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Maybe you should do some reading about Hantavirus, that's a nice rodent transmitted disease, or perhaps you enjoy rat and mouse shit all through the hay and grains you're feeding your cattle and horses.

Eradication of animals that fuck with the food I'm feeding my stock doesn't even raise a blip on my conscious.

View Quote

I think it's pretty clear everyone agrees with rodent eradication and that's not specifically the issue here.

Also, Hantavirus doesn't exist in my country. We don't have deer mice.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:38:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is it less terrifying of less painful than a snap trap?

No, I didn't think so.

Therefore by your own measure you're being unnecessarily cruel.
View Quote

They're pretty much equivalent. Go see how a terrier actually kills a rat. Regardless, it's better than torturing the damn thing, so I'm not sure why you continue to make stupid comparisons that don't really fit.

Why are you trying to say that burning something alive isn't fucked up or cruel? You've been doing that throughout this whole thread. Why the hell would you think that's OK to inflict on another animal? That's what I don't understand: so explain it please.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:39:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Never ok to cause unnecessary pain to something less than you. Ever.

I kill the fuck out of vermin, insects, game animals etc, but you do your best to kill then humanely and painlessly as possible
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:44:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Somewhere in the pacific between here and Australia
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:56:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Where y'at Down Yonder OP?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:58:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Never okay to torture an animal. How is that even a question? I don't care if it's a rat or an insect. Anybody who does so should be given the same treatment.
View Quote

Found the sociopath.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:06:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:12:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Torturing any living thing for shits and giggles is fucked in the head.

Period.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:38:45 AM EDT
[#11]
OP is from PETA!

Attachment Attached File

OP, you do realize your nation has a titanic rodent problem don't you? Why should you care to voice your PETA commie propaganda here on a gun forum? Trying to gain points with your International ANTIFA buddies?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:41:54 AM EDT
[#12]
So 2021 here is gonna be left compromised trolls pushing left leaning talking points.
FO 2021er
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:53:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I sincerely hope this thread does not give you the satisfaction you seek.
Maybe I'm paranoid, but '21 join date, non paying and starting a bitch thread about mice being killed screams "data collection" to me.
View Quote

I will do this slowly for ya Billy.
Its not "a bitch thread about mice being killed".
It's about how they were killed.

Btw his post screams data collection to you?
Yes Billy, you are paranoid, there's no maybe about it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:01:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

*He. Snapping traps, cage traps+carbon monoxide, nooski traps, ferrets and terriers. The use of ferrets for rodent control is actually underrated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Might I inquire of the OP as to how she handles her vermin problems?

*He. Snapping traps, cage traps+carbon monoxide, nooski traps, ferrets and terriers. The use of ferrets for rodent control is actually underrated.

So I’m with the majority in this thread, but I have to point something out OP.  

Your preferred method to off some field mice is a ferret.   Which I think is cool by the way.  I had two ferrets growing up, codo and podo.  My mom gave them to the cable guy while I was at school, or so she told me.  

Have you ever been killed by a ferret?   It’s fucking brutal.   It still beats slowly burning to death but you aren’t going to convince me that your method of killing mice is humane.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:15:05 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't have a problem with people killing any animal that they want to.

I personally kill stuff as humanely as possible. I would much rather shoot an animal in the head than drown or trap them.

I don't have a problem with poisoning, snaring or otherwise trapping varmints. They suffer more, but people don't have the time to hunt them, and they do damage to game and property.

I would not burn, drown or starve and animal just to do so.

Much prefer to shoot them, completely destroying the brain. Turn them off like a light.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:34:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was reading this thread recently, the OP has a picture of them burning live animals.

I ask - where do you personally draw the line? When does it stop becoming necessity, and start becoming sadism/cruelty? When is it ever appropriate to torture an animal that's already trapped? Is it okay if it's vermin like a coyote or a mouse?

Interested to see the rationale behind it, and why people do what they do.
View Quote

Animal cruelty in any form is morally reprehensible.  Those who engage in it are criminals.  Hunting done ethically and humanely is fine - arguably better than an animal being put down in a slaughterhouse.  Torturing an animal?  Unacceptable.  Humane treatment of animals is one of the indicators of a civil society.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was reading this thread recently, the OP has a picture of them burning live animals.

I ask - where do you personally draw the line? When does it stop becoming necessity, and start becoming sadism/cruelty? When is it ever appropriate to torture an animal that's already trapped? Is it okay if it's vermin like a coyote or a mouse?

Interested to see the rationale behind it, and why people do what they do.
View Quote

Sounds like my SIL. Where do you get bacon? “From the store”.
OP doesn’t eat meat I guess. Needs to go visit a slaughterhouse.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So I'm with the majority in this thread, but I have to point something out OP.  

Your preferred method to off some field mice is a ferret.   Which I think is cool by the way.  I had two ferrets growing up, codo and podo.  My mom gave them to the cable guy while I was at school, or so she told me.  

Have you ever been killed by a ferret?   It's fucking brutal.   It still beats slowly burning to death but you aren't going to convince me that your method of killing mice is humane.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Might I inquire of the OP as to how she handles her vermin problems?

So I'm with the majority in this thread, but I have to point something out OP.  

Have you ever been killed by a ferret?   It's fucking brutal.   It still beats slowly burning to death but you aren't going to convince me that your method of killing mice is humane.  

As above.

Just for OP. Music seems to be about his speed too.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top