Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2022 1:45:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Cut out both sides above the damage and put in new sections.  It takes some skill, but I've had drywall repairs done that are undetectable.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
What the hell kind of puppies are they?  Hyenas?  

We had a mixed breed dog when I was young that ate anything and everything.  While in the basement, it destroyed the arm of a couch my folks had reupholstered, and ate the vinyl and the foam that it tore off.  It also ate a length of 2x4 that had been in the small work shop Dad had downstairs.  It also decided the pink fiberglass insulation looked good on the basement stairwell, and ate a large section of that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Pet stores sells pump spray named   "Bitter Apple " , nontoxic spray it on anything you don't want chewed.
Repair wall AFTER pups are gone/trained.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#5]
NAUGHTY puppies  
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ubaddog:
Pet stores sells pump spray named   "Bitter Apple " , nontoxic spray it on anything you don't want chewed.
View Quote

My Aussie puppy laps that stuff up as fast as you can spray it.  

Cayane pepper mixed with water though does the trick. Stains what you spray it on though
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 3:37:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd wait for dogs to finish the destructive phase then repair. If the drywall looks crappy after , then cover it with some wood planks that seem very popular these days
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ubaddog:
View Quote
Danger:  Some pups actually like Bitter Apple.  My first Golden thought it was quite tasty.  Current Golden is not a fan though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top