Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2017 11:20:18 PM EDT
Will there be a tier of internet service that I can purchase that will filter out all the fucking leftist whining about net neutrality?
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Will there be a tier of internet service that I can purchase that will filter out all the fucking leftist whining about net neutrality?
View Quote

Name one ISP known to be anywhere near the center or right of the spectrum.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 11:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Net neutrality is as neutral as the affordable care act is affordable
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#3]
If so....worth every penny!
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 12:52:54 AM EDT
[#4]
When did NN start?
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 12:56:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Not that you can afford.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 1:00:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I expect there to be tiers of internet service where you must browse through Google.

Basically a class-based national firewall
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 1:07:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 1:14:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Net neutrality is as neutral as the affordable care act is affordable
View Quote
How is "treat all packets the same" not neutral?

I guess you don't remember when AT&T blocked FaceTime that came preinstalled on iPhones that they sold...
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 1:25:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When did NN start?
View Quote
As currently implemented? 2015.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 1:45:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If so....worth every penny!
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 1:53:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I guess you don't remember when AT&T blocked FaceTime that came preinstalled on iPhones that they sold...
View Quote
QoS? LOL. QoS has been around for a while and isn’t going away. Not all packets are equal. Wait until you find out we can read encrypted traffic!
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 2:22:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Frontier?

Ok I'm just guessing. They cater to country demos and that's about all I'm going by
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 2:25:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why did they block it? Could they not handle everyone FaceTiming all at once? Or was there a more sinister reason?
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 2:26:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
just remember which side generates more traffic, noise, and money on the internet. Sorry. It ain’t us.

Proof? Go check out the internet’s largest forum: reddit.

You and your interests (in particular your interests like guns that make snowflakes and liberal housewives uncomfortable and less likely to spend money) will be targeted. Like youtube vs Yeager.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 2:27:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Verizon will kill arfcom.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 2:33:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As currently implemented? 2015.
View Quote
What? I thought Al Gore implemented it from the get-go and the evil Republicans were just now trying to take away our internet freedoms?
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ironically under the current Net Neutrality rules that are being repealed, AT&T blocking FaceTime is legal, and there's actual precedent under the FTC that Apple preinstalling FaceTime is an anti-competitive trade practice (remember that Microsoft was charged for this because they preinstalled Internet Explorer in Windows in 2001)

This is also very similar to Google not allowing Amazon to install YouTube onto Amazon Fire Tablets and Echo Show, and Amazon in turn refusing to sell or support Chromecast and support Google Cast and de-listing Nest products.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top