Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2018 2:18:19 PM EDT
Still kind of new to the whole cigar scene.  Used to smoke while golfing, but haven't played that much anymore.  Was out camping for a bachelor party this year and we smoked a lot of cigars.  Got me hooked.

What else do you gents recommend?

What I've tried so far: Man O War (Armada, Ruination, Damnation, regular man o war), AJ Fernadez Monte, CAO (Brazil, MX2, Italia, Colombia, Extreme, Black bengal), Liga No 9, Liga T52 (the coronett's - have 2 regular T52s resting now), Oliva (Melanio is the one I haven't tried yet - on the list, just didn't buy yet), Undercrown Shade, Undercrown maduro, some infused drew estates, couple of flavored acids, Padron 3000, Rocky Patel (can't remember which) - there is some i'm forgetting for sure and others sitting in the humidor that I haven't tried yet.

Give me a couple of suggestions to start looking out for when I'm browsing.  Thanks fellas

Link Posted: 9/22/2018 12:31:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Hi

My name is Fox.  And I might have a problem.

Aged fuentes are my main jam. Along with alot of the new small releases.

In there is 3 boxes of Fuente lost city, box of don Carlos personal reserve, box of don Carlos anniversaries, box of Opus X 20th, box of Forbidden X Taurus the bulls, 2 boxes of Opus X Oscuro Oros, a box of Opus X #5s I think? Box of Eye of the Sharks and some other more plain Fuentes. Box of short stories... And I have some Work of Art Maduros.  Sampler of God of fire.  Etc.

So, needless to say I'd recommend Fuentes. But you kinda gotta let them sit a bit.  An opus aged 2 years tastes significantly better than one unaged.

Other items of interest:

Ashton Symmetry - great Ashton / Fuente blend. I have a box of those aging.

Room 101 Hit n run, or the new Rip n Dip
Crown heads Tennessee waltz / Texas yellow rose / Hawaiian Paniolo.
Mi querida cigars have been awesome recently. The firecracker release is one of my favorites for short smokes.

I have hidden in there some Romacraft stuff. But beware, they are potent. A knuckle dragger, which is a short smoke like 4inch or so... Is enough to make me good for an entire day no probs.  And I gotta sit down after it.

Island Jim / Leaf By Oscar.

The regular island Jim - I love.
New Island Jim San Andres - uh... I bought 10, smoked 2. So far very disappointed.
Leaf by Oscar - I like them all other than the corojo.
Leaf By Esteban - Esteban is the blender behind Romacraft. Fucking awesome. Will be buying a bundle one day.
Leaf by James - blender behind Black label trading.  Not my gig at all. Just way to peppery.

LFD.  They make some awesome cigars and some meh cigars.  The factory box press and The bull? Great. Air benders to me are hit or miss.

I can go on. But there's some. I always dig the new releases what are coming out right and left.  There's a limited edition cigar dojo / Matt booth of room 101 release today.  And over all a bunch of new stuff coming out now too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I am slowly smoking anything in my humidor that isn't Diamond Crown Maximus / Julius Caesar, Opus X Lost City and Davidoff Late Hour. Those have pretty much been my favorites since I started smoking a little over a year ago. I only smoke one cigar per week on average, maybe two some weeks so I can justify only smoking the good stuff.

Luckily of those four smokes the Maximus is my favorite and is one of the less expensive ones compared to the Opus X and Davidoff.

If you haven't had a Maximus yet I recommend that one. The Toro No. 4 is the perfect size for me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Artuero Fuente 858 Flor Fina Maduro......is one if my favorites and highly recommend
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for all the replies.  I wrote a couple of them down to pick out next time I'm at the store.

Any of you fellas ever attend CigarFest up towards Lake Harmony, PA?  I believe Cigar International puts it on.  My neighbor and I were talking about trying to grab tickets.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thanks for all the replies.  I wrote a couple of them down to pick out next time I'm at the store.

Any of you fellas ever attend CigarFest up towards Lake Harmony, PA?  I believe Cigar International puts it on.  My neighbor and I were talking about trying to grab tickets.
View Quote
Yeah it's a pretty big to do.  It's a good hike from me other wise I'd go. Almost went to a drew estates event out that way.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don Pepin Garcia, Illusione, Oliva Serie V
View Quote
Oliva Serie V on sale at Cigarpage.com

https://www.cigarpage.com/oliva-v-and-melanio-gems.html
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oliva Serie V on sale at Cigarpage.com

https://www.cigarpage.com/oliva-v-and-melanio-gems.html
View Quote
solid - thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:40:06 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
That's interesting.   Discreet too...hmmm
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#12]
that is very unique.  I was actually thinking about getting something bigger too.  I was debating between just using a cooler or picking up one of the temp controlled ones (newage air or similar).
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The stinger missile one is only $8,000

Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Well all of them are over 100 bucks... but... any of us can get an ammo can and slip in some cedar planks from the craft shop and make our own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top