Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2021 2:38:24 PM EDT
President’s Column | Welcome Others To Freedom

...Over the past few years, about 8 million Americans have acquired their first firearms. Who will help train them to be safe and effective with those firearms, if not us? Who will welcome them as fellow shooters, fellow hunters, fellow competitors—and fellow shepherds and custodians of a safe and free society—if not us?

So, I urge you: Consider ways your local range or gun club can not just “feed a man a fish for a day”—but also “teach a woman to fish for a lifetime.” Find ways to bring underserved members of your community to your range. Then give them a chance to experience the Second Amendment for themselves. Maybe that means lending a gun with proper supervision in a safe, welcoming, controlled environment at your club. Maybe it means providing free ammunition. Consider becoming an NRA Certified Instructor if you are not one already. Whatever it takes, help them make firearm freedom a part of the fabric of their everyday lives. Welcome them as members of our community of freedom. In so doing, you’ll help restore the right to keep and bear arms as the inborn birthright and lifelong safeguard of free people always.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL, NRA. However, I have made it a priority to volunteer at my club for the woman on target events and introduce as many people as I can to the shooting sports.  I took about half my former office out shooting at my club, which was nearby, and most of those people bought firearms for the first time. It's a numbers game.

So when some idiot introduces legislation limiting magazines to 10 rounds, they can remember shooting with Arty 8, how it was safe, fun and wholesome and say to the next person "that 10 round magazine ban is stupid."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top