Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2020 2:51:53 PM EDT
Seriously, the bastard read the sign that says not to leave FedEx pkgs there, set it down right below the sign, then flicked the ashes from his cigarette on top of the box.

Half of me wants to claim I never received the pkg bc it wasn't delivered to the right location. Half of me wants to call and complain (knowing it won't do any good).

Legal ramifications of playing dumb and pretending I never got it?

The location is not really subject to theft from the general public so can't say it was stolen. And FedEx has previously been permitted to leave pkgs there but is no longer allowed bc of previous issues with their drivers stealing things from that location so we now want them to bring the pkgs to the office.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m happy when those assholes leave anything at all. Can’t tell you how many times I get the “we’ll try again” sticker when I was sitting inside the whole time. They seem great for business but terrible for home delivery.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m happy when those assholes leave anything at all. Can’t tell you how many times I get the “we’ll try again” sticker when I was sitting inside the whole time. They seem great for business but terrible for home delivery.
View Quote

If they would just leave the pkg and not steal things I would be happy.

I'm seriously fuming right now. I nearly intercepted him in the act bc I heard the alarm go off but couldn't get there fast enough bc it's almost a mile away...
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing.

Good luck trying to get through to anyone local.

I have tried to deal with them a few times for deliveries and it's pointless.

Friday I had a delivery coming that required a signature. Tuesday I called to have it held at a location for pickup, the guy confirmed it would be held, this didn't show on the tracking.

I DLed the their app to see if that showed in the app, nope. In the app, just in case, I set up a delivery time for signature in case they delivered it anyway.

Friday I called again to confirm it was being held, nope, can't  be held there, it will be delivered. FUCK!
Well maybe they will stop after the time I setup, nope 3 hours early and showed delivered and signed for by "D popnfresh".

The driver must have signed for it because my name isn't  "D popnfresh", the neighbors know my name.

Oh well typical Fedex bullshit.

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
They get their routes audited just like USPS carriers.

Just like spam/fraud callers the only recourse you have is taking their time from them.
That will get someone’s attention that can actually do something.

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They get their routes audited just like USPS carriers.

Just like spam/fraud callers the only recourse you have is taking their time from them.
That will get someone’s attention that can actually do something.

View Quote

So get faster at covering the mile to the other location to intercept him and then? Talk his ear off? Hold him there until he agrees to take the pkg where it is supposed to go?
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a dumb shit FedEx driver as well.

Multiple choices.

A.) Leave the package up by the doorway to the leftside where there is a hidden bench that would be able to hide a 40in TV.

B.) Leave the package on the other side of the doorway where you could park a bicycle and it would not be viewabke from the street due to a hedge/shrub.

C.) Leave the fucking pacoage out on the driveway next to the garage door where you can see it from half way down the block.

D.)  Leave the package smack dab in front of the fucking door so you can see it easily from the street.

Well eliminate A & B as that is what a reasonable person would do.   The only viable option for my window licking retard seems to be C & D.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Sig229 legion and I am trying to figure out why you are mad. you got the package,right? it's just not is the place you wanted but they used to drop them there and it was ok?

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, your ideas to commit fraud seems completely rational and proportional.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#9]
FedEx and UPS are cool. USPS too.

OnTrac is awful. They will leave packages anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a Sig229 legion and I am trying to figure out why you are mad. you got the package,right? it's just not is the place you wanted but they used to drop them there and it was ok?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

As I stated, they have been stealing from said location so I don't want them going there anymore. I want them to bring the packages all the way to the office. Yes, in this case I got the package and no harm was done other than the spiteful dumping of cigarette ashes on top of the package. But would you be rejoicing if they only stole from you 50% of the time instead of all the time?

More details: said location is a package drop point so they don't have to travel the mile down the drive. Package drop point is for the convenience of the delivery drivers; it's a courtesy to save them time. On multiple occasions now, if there was a package already at the location the FedEx driver will leave his package and steal the packages already left by other drivers. FedEx is aware of the issue but said they can't do anything internally unless the driver admits to the theft. I put a sign up instructing no more FedEx pkgs are to be left there. In my mind if they aren't stopping and opening the door then it removes the temptation to steal the packages that are already there. I have a camera covering the general location but the driver is very sneaky and the camera hasn't successfully captured enough detail for anybody to take action.

Quoted:
Yeah, your ideas to commit fraud seems completely rational and proportional.

Trust me, proportionally this douche has gotten away with a LOT that I have bent over and taken. I've spoken to him several times, he's a tool. And I've tried resolving things through appropriate channels, I'm simply asking the legalities of such an action to send the message loud and clear that I am not letting these actions slide anymore.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 6:06:12 AM EDT
[#11]
You could ship using a different service.
you can afford a mile long driveway you should be able to afford more or better cameras.
my driveway is only 360 feet long with a gate 50 in from the road but when we see a delivery we go down and get the delivery
I tip our regular drivers because they go the extra step for us when we have a special delivery or a storm, maybe you just pissoff the driver instead as you seem like you are wound a little tight
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You don't always get to choose the service for incoming pkgs.

Quoted:
you can afford a mile long driveway you should be able to afford more or better cameras.
my driveway is only 360 feet long with a gate 50 in from the road but when we see a delivery we go down and get the delivery

Huh? I didn't pay to have the driveway put in, it's been here for a century. It has nothing to do with what a person can afford.

The issue with cameras is no power at that location and very difficult terrain between. My options are battery operated cameras that have internal storage. I have those, they are subject to theft as well so there are only so many places you can put them and still protect them from theft. Generally criminals don't like to get caught on camera so they will steal the camera.

Quoted:
maybe you just pissoff the driver instead as you seem like you are wound a little tight

He certainly is pissed. I reported his theft to FedEx and both of his supervisors are now aware that he is a scumbag. I'm not wound tight, I'm actually a very easy-going guy. Just really tired of these shenanigans. The spiteful bullshit didn't start until after the thefts were reported.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Maybe add a "Beware of motion activated sprinkler system" sign, and add the sprinkler system?
View Quote

That would be a little harsh for the USPS and UPS drivers who are still permitted to use the drop point (bc they aren't thieving scumbags).
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Seriously, the bastard read the sign that says not to leave FedEx pkgs there, set it down right below the sign, then flicked the ashes from his cigarette on top of the box.

Half of me wants to claim I never received the pkg bc it wasn't delivered to the right location. Half of me wants to call and complain (knowing it won't do any good).

Legal ramifications of playing dumb and pretending I never got it?

The location is not really subject to theft from the general public so can't say it was stolen. And FedEx has previously been permitted to leave pkgs there but is no longer allowed bc of previous issues with their drivers stealing things from that location so we now want them to bring the pkgs to the office.
View Quote

Claiming you never got it then you'll also have to file a false police report. It probably ends with you in jail and or never owning a gun again.
Do you have video of him dropping it and clicking cigarette on it? That'd probably get him fired.
It's probably FedEx home delivery, rather that express, they are independently owned trucks. Look at YouTube, tons of videos of the shit these assholes do! I had an issue with my driver for years, not really the driver so much, but the way the owner ran things. They couldn't really handle the route, not enough trucks. They come from 2 counties away do do my route. I asked the guy how come it says "on truck for delivery" in the morning but I don't get it till the next day? He said they go out this one road one day and out my road the next. Things came to a boil after several years and several drivers when there was a 3 day weekend coming, Friday would be a holiday, I was waiting on tractor parts with a crop in the field and Wednesday I waited home all day and then tracking says "attempt made, business closed or resident not home", I even went out looking to see if I'd somehow missed him and he left a note. Nope. Next day I wait ON THE PORCH all day! At 5pm I called FedEx and they told me they have untill 8pm to get it to me. Then at 6pm I get an email saying (and I shit you not!) "No attempt made". This was now Thursday. It says they'll "try again on Monday". I got on the phone again and said "apparently my driver refused to deliver to me". That got shit rolling! Lol. They had the owner call me. He was like "oh, I know what happened, the driver is out of hours and is heading back to base". The owner delivered  it the next day (holiday) in his own vehicle, remember they are from 2 counties away. Shortly after that his mother was doing deliveries and I talked to her and she said she had to take over the business, son was no good at business. Then they've told me since then that they've added another truck. I've never had them do that since then.
I told my UPS guy about that, how they just don't deliver, and he was like "they can do that?" UPS has to get it delivered. They never are "out of time". I've seen the UPS truck out before sunrise and I've seen him out at 9pm. They get shit done!
FedEx home delivery is a bunch of unaccountable deadbeats!
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I guess if you could leave the package where he left it without fear of it really being stolen, you could call them and say you didn't get it and make the drive come out and show you where he left it.

Another storie, I used to live on a dairy with a bunch of outbuildings. One day I'm out in a milk barn and I happen to see this little box laying out there. FedEx guy left the package laying out in a barn. Lucky I even noticed it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 12:46:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Do you have video of him dropping it and clicking cigarette on it? That'd probably get him fired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't, but it was a big pile that could have only come from him.

I have a license plate cam on the drive and a game cam that takes stills at the drop point.

Quoted:
It's probably FedEx home delivery, rather that express, they are independently owned trucks. Look at YouTube, tons of videos of the shit these assholes do! I had an issue with my driver for years, not really the driver so much, but the way the owner ran things. They couldn't really handle the route, not enough trucks. They come from 2 counties away do do my route. I asked the guy how come it says "on truck for delivery" in the morning but I don't get it till the next day? He said they go out this one road one day and out my road the next. Things came to a boil after several years and several drivers when there was a 3 day weekend coming, Friday would be a holiday, I was waiting on tractor parts with a crop in the field and Wednesday I waited home all day and then tracking says "attempt made, business closed or resident not home", I even went out looking to see if I'd somehow missed him and he left a note. Nope. Next day I wait ON THE PORCH all day! At 5pm I called FedEx and they told me they have untill 8pm to get it to me. Then at 6pm I get an email saying (and I shit you not!) "No attempt made". This was now Thursday. It says they'll "try again on Monday". I got on the phone again and said "apparently my driver refused to deliver to me". That got shit rolling! Lol. They had the owner call me. He was like "oh, I know what happened, the driver is out of hours and is heading back to base". The owner delivered  it the next day (holiday) in his own vehicle, remember they are from 2 counties away. Shortly after that his mother was doing deliveries and I talked to her and she said she had to take over the business, son was no good at business. Then they've told me since then that they've added another truck. I've never had them do that since then.

You could be right. It is a contract driver. After the last theft incident that I reported I got calls from the hub manager who told me he is a contract driver and he would be informing the contract supervisor as well. Then I got a call from the contractor supervisor (owner?).

I deal with the same crap from FedEx tracking "on truck for delivery" and it never comes.

And you think 2 counties away is bad. Although there is a FedEx Express hub next county north, FedEx Ground deliveries come from 4 counties & 2 hrs away. Literally, a 2 hour drive from this place to the hub. 4 hours of the driver's day used just covering ground between the hub and me, not to mention any other stops he has.

Quoted:
I told my UPS guy about that, how they just don't deliver, and he was like "they can do that?" UPS has to get it delivered. They never are "out of time". I've seen the UPS truck out before sunrise and I've seen him out at 9pm. They get shit done!
FedEx home delivery is a bunch of unaccountable deadbeats!

Yeah, UPS guys are cool! Just had a new one out that didn't know about the delivery drop point so he came all the way to the office. I informed him about it then dropped a subliminal message that theft won't be tolerated and that FedEx wasn't allowed to use the drop point anymore due to said problems.

Quoted:
I guess if you could leave the package where he left it without fear of it really being stolen, you could call them and say you didn't get it and make the drive come out and show you where he left it.

Brilliant! This place is all the way out in the middle of nowhere, it would be a HUGE time waster for the driver to have to come back and show me where he left it.

It's a great passive aggressive, but still legal, way to persuade him not to do that anymore.

It won't help this time bc I already took the high road and just lodged a complaint with FedEx about the driver's conduct.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Most of mine have been pretty good since I put a sign on the door that
says "ALL PACKAGES" with a large arrow pointed left to my side porch.

The porch is hard to see onto directly from the street.

It provides a great almost "out of sight" location and is sheltered from rain by a roof.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Have something low value shipped and delivered.  When it is delivered to the wrong spot, call and bitch about it not being delivered.  Keep bitching about it not being delivered until they get it to the right spot.

Eta: already suggested.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 5:13:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Lately several companies have started upgrading my orders to 2 day FedEx which gets the express guy who actually works for FedEx. I'm guessing they were having to many problems with FedEx ground. Maybe FedEx is upgrading for free trying not to lose some big companies?

FedEx is weird. I used to drive for a different company so I'd get to talk to all the other drivers, like in the morning at Costco before they open everybody would be there delivering. There were 3 different FedEx trucks there at the same time. FedEx ground, FedEx express and FedEx freight. I think they have at least one more division. Overnight I think.
Where I live I'm 20 miles up a mountain road and I've seen ground and express come up here the same day. Seems like they'd be losing money doing that.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 5:23:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 6:13:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Put the packages where I want them or else
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#23]
never got the package - every time from now on
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
never got the package - every time from now on
View Quote

They're doing a trace on one right now... tracking says it was left at the front door. I've looked all around and can't find it anywhere. The driver is going to have to come show me where he left it bc I can't find it.

Trace department says call back if they haven't come back by Monday. It says it was delivered Thursday and I still haven't heard anything.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

AMEN. I don’t even get a sticker sometimes because they don’t come to my house. I just get a screw you email saying that I wasn’t home and that I have to pick the package up from the local FEDEX distribution place.  I have cameras so I know that the driver never came to my house.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I tip our regular drivers because they go the extra step for us when we have a special delivery or a storm, maybe you just pissoff the driver instead as you seem like you are wound a little tight
View Quote

You sound like AOC.....
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Trust me, proportionally this douche has gotten away with a LOT that I have bent over and taken. I've spoken to him several times, he's a tool. And I've tried resolving things through appropriate channels, I'm simply asking the legalities of such an action to send the message loud and clear that I am not letting these actions slide anymore.
View Quote

Committing fraud is not something you do to "send the message that I'm not letting these actions slide anymore."  The way you prevent the items from being delivered to a location that you don't desire is to list a delivery address that you DO want them delivered to, that is specific enough that a mile away isn't the same address.  If you can't do this, then have the packages shipped to a PO Box at the post office.  Problem solved.

Link Posted: 7/18/2020 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I tip our regular drivers because they go the extra step for us when we have a special delivery or a storm
View Quote

How the hell does anyone actually tip the UPS guy?  One, it’s different guys all the time here.  Two, I can’t get from the couch to the door before he’s back in the truck and moving on.  

I’ve never seen a driver yet wait even momentarily at the door before walking away.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#29]
must be nice to have the time to sit in front of the window and watch for a delivery...they don't call ahead and say, ,hey, here I come
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Committing fraud is not something you do to "send the message that I'm not letting these actions slide anymore."  The way you prevent the items from being delivered to a location that you don't desire is to list a delivery address that you DO want them delivered to, that is specific enough that a mile away isn't the same address.  If you can't do this, then have the packages shipped to a PO Box at the post office.  Problem solved.

View Quote

The 2 locations a mile apart are all the same property and same address. The address is correct for where I want the delivery to be left.

Also, your suggestion to get a PO box is rooted in ignorance. Parcel delivery services cannot leave packages in PO boxes. And you clearly weren't paying attention when I said the property is remote. I'm not making a 1 hr trip to town to pickup packages that should be easily delivered to the desired location. There is a sign that clearly tells them where to leave the packages. It's not confusion on the driver's part as you allude to, it is an arrogant unwillingness to do the job right.

Link Posted: 8/26/2020 6:49:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Getting ready to change into someone more comfortable. Name changes coming.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#32]
I just got two packages delivered by FedEx just now. Dude walks up the sidewalk and gives them both a nice toss to the top of the four stairs (on camera). When I go out to get them, I see that one it my neighbor's. So I walked over to their place, as he was just delivering my other package to them.

He saw me coming and said, "Oh yeah, I just saw that."

My comment was, "Hey, how about not tossing the packages next time?"

He just said, "Uh, yeah."

FedEx sucks, especially home delivery and (un)Smartpost. UPS and even Amazon's own drivers don't do this nonsense.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 10:01:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just got two packages delivered by FedEx just now. Dude walks up the sidewalk and gives them both a nice toss to the top of the four stairs (on camera). When I go out to get them, I see that one it my neighbor's. So I walked over to their place, as he was just delivering my other package to them.

He saw me coming and said, "Oh yeah, I just saw that."

My comment was, "Hey, how about not tossing the packages next time?"

He just said, "Uh, yeah."

FedEx sucks, especially home delivery and (un)Smartpost. UPS and even Amazon's own drivers don't do this nonsense.
View Quote

If you can get in contact with the Operations Manager at the hub that is what solved my problem. After the dimwit placed a $250 package of electronics outside in the rain at the location where he was directed NOT to leave packages I was fuming. In desperation I looked back through my call history and low and behold, when the hub called me concerning one of the thefts a few months ago they didn't block the caller ID. So I called the hub, spoke with the OPs Mgr.

He explained that FedEx Ground & Home Delivery don't employ any drivers. They don't even own the trucks. It is all subcontracted to 3rd party delivery companies. Therefore they can't do a lot to correct driver issues. There is a "supervisor" representative of that company that FedEx contacts regarding driver issues etc. If that person cannot resolve the conflict with the driver FedEx can only add it to the record for when the contract comes up for renewal. In most cases, the representative isn't even aware of the issue bc it never trickles down to them. The Ops Mgr can ensure they are aware.

In my case, the Ops Mgr wanted everything I had on every incident including the thefts so he could see if it was just one driver or if it was multiple. He said sometimes the drivers make it a game to help their fellow drivers out with customers they don't like. I believe that was the case for me as it was 2 different drivers. A couple days after I sent the info to the Ops Mgr my problems were solved and since that time deliveries are being made at the right place. FedEx did replace the electronics that the driver left out in the rain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top