Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2021 12:08:04 AM EDT
The "Phoenix lights" incident is fascinating.

The string of lights that were photographed and filmed did, in fact, look like they could have been slow-falling flares dropped from an aircraft.

The bigger story, which was glossed over, was the huge number of people who saw a gigantic triangular craft that silently flew over the city the same night.  Why was that part of the event dropped so quickly?  It is hardly mentioned outside of UFO documentaries and the whole thing is dismissed as "flares dropped from a plane."  There is a solid theory that the Air Force dropped the flares to distract from the giant triangle and it worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:22:20 AM EDT
[#1]
The massive triangle is exactly the same phenomenon Mach described.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:33:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I've replied to a few Phoenix lights threads here over the years.  

By far the biggest deal is there were two separate events, on two separate nights, and nearly everyone gets focused on the second event that in all probability was flares done by the USAF to muddle the picture. I witnessed the second event, but not the first, and am very familiar with the north-central part of the state.

The first event was way larger than just Phoenix. It spanned most of the state from north to south. Reports from locations near Flagstaff all the way down to Tucson.

That event included at least one of the giant triangles. Something that also rarely gets mentioned in coverage is that it flew down a river valley, below the mesas on the side of it, one of which has a large rest stop (Sunset Point, near Black Canyon City) with dozens of eye witnesses that watched it fly by below them -- they looked down on the thing -- and those accounts absolutely smoke any of the usual explanations used to dismiss the Phoenix lights as conventional military aircraft.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:50:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Kurt Russell on Fatherhood and UFOs
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:02:32 AM EDT
[#4]
A friend of mine that worked at a .mil site in Nevada described the low slow triangle silently passing overhead one night.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:55:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:51:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A friend of mine that worked at a .mil site in Nevada described the low slow triangle silently passing overhead one night.
View Quote

I grew up in Lincoln County, NV. Aka where Area 51
Is. I spent ALOT of time out in the middle of the desert shooting rabbits, coyotes, etc. saw plenty of strange aircraft at night. Including one on a bright moon night that left purple contrails behind it.

The coolest one I ever saw was a giant triangle aircraft. Me and some friends were hunting rabbits in Dry Valley. About 30 miles from the closest town, and about 50 miles west of Area 51. It was around 11:00PM at night. We stopped to reload and my buddy driving turned the truck off and turned off the lights for a second so he could take a piss without us messing with him or driving off.

We watched as three white dots in a triangle formation went overhead in the night sky. I assumed it was three aircraft at first. It made zero noise. After it passed over head two trailing fighters then flew overhead following it. They had the typical red and green flashing lights and you could easily hear there jet engines.

We watched as the three white dots made a real wide turn over the opposite side of the valley and came back around to fly right over us again. With the fighters following about a mile behind it again. It was on this second pass that I realized it was a single aircraft. There was just enough star light that you could make out the dark triangle shape of the aircraft. (Probably from our eyes getting more used to the dark night after several minutes of watching with the truck turned off). It had a bright white light at each point. No typical blinking wing lights. And again, zero noise. After it passed you could hear the distant sound of the trailing fighters, which grew louder as they then flew over head following.

All four of us watching were like “holy hell, that was awesome!” and they continued on with our night of shooting.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a friend that’s a civilian employee on an AFB here in Texas that says 1 flew over him 1 morning in the dark when he got out of his car in the parking lot.
Very large, moving very slow and no noise.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I grew up in Lincoln County, NV. Aka where Area 51
Is. I spent ALOT of time out in the middle of the desert shooting rabbits, coyotes, etc. saw plenty of strange aircraft at night. Including one on a bright moon night that left purple contrails behind it.

The coolest one I ever saw was a giant triangle aircraft. Me and some friends were hunting rabbits in Dry Valley. About 30 miles from the closest town, and about 50 miles west of Area 51. It was around 11:00PM at night. We stopped to reload and my buddy driving turned the truck off and turned off the lights for a second so he could take a piss without us messing with him or driving off.

We watched as three white dots in a triangle formation went overhead in the night sky. I assumed it was three aircraft at first. It made zero noise. After it passed over head two trailing fighters then flew overhead following it. They had the typical red and green flashing lights and you could easily hear there jet engines.

We watched as the three white dots made a real wide turn over the opposite side of the valley and came back around to fly right over us again. With the fighters following about a mile behind it again. It was on this second pass that I realized it was a single aircraft. There was just enough star light that you could make out the dark triangle shape of the aircraft. (Probably from our eyes getting more used to the dark night after several minutes of watching with the truck turned off). It had a bright white light at each point. No typical blinking wing lights. And again, zero noise. After it passed you could hear the distant sound of the trailing fighters, which grew louder as they then flew over head following.

All four of us watching were like “holy hell, that was awesome!” and they continued on with our night of shooting.
View Quote

How big was it?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I was there and saw them first hand.
Sitting in the pool in Ahwatukee.
Interesting night that was for sure.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
One of the UFO documentaries has an interview with then Governor, Fyfe Symington, where he says he regrets the press conference where he made fun of the witnesses. He goes on to say he personally witnessed the giant trriangle passing overhead while standing in a park with a lot of other witnesses.

He said it was enormous
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Symington wrote a brief editorial for CNN reviewing what he saw and his position on the sighting.

Key quote:
I witnessed a massive delta-shaped, craft silently navigate over Squaw Peak, a mountain range in Phoenix, Arizona.
It was truly breathtaking. I was absolutely stunned because I was turning to the west looking for the distant Phoenix Lights.

To my astonishment this apparition appeared; this dramatically large, very distinctive leading edge with some enormous lights
was traveling through the Arizona sky.

As a pilot and a former Air Force Officer, I can definitively say that this craft did not resemble any man-made object I'd ever seen.
And it was certainly not high-altitude flares because flares don't fly in formation.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

So Mach described a formation of conventional aircraft, seen and identified by an amateur with a telescope?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#13]
If they are out flying/testing some super secret giant triangular shaped aircraft....

why put super bright white lights on all three corners of your super-secret giant aircraft???

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw the flares.....did not see the ufo....
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If they are out flying/testing some super secret giant triangular shaped aircraft....

why put super bright white lights on all three corners of your super-secret giant aircraft???

View Quote

The working theory is that they are not lights but part of the technology that is used to fly/hover etc. The light is a byproduct.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The working theory is that they are not lights but part of the technology that is used to fly/hover etc. The light is a byproduct.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why fly this secret aircraft over a major city on a night when a lot of people were looking for the Hale-Bopp comet?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So Mach described a formation of conventional aircraft, seen and identified by an amateur with a telescope?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a great example of how the event has been conflated.

Witnesses of the triangle said they saw a group of military jets following it, which makes it easier for the debunkers to claim THAT is all anyone saw.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I am sad, I was working on the flightline at Luke that night and never saw anything. I was busy working and was inside an F16 the entire night.  

It was two separate events and fellow airman saw flares in one direction and the giant triangle in the other direction. I don't know what the triangle was but my friends who saw it stated it absolutely wasn't aircraft flares because we know what those look like.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I remember the lights as well, but not the ufo.  Only reason I really remember the lights is because I was riding my motorcycle to work on the 101 and I remember seeing them and thinking "thats an odd place for flairs, but whatever." And kept going.  Only issue is it seemed like ALOTA of other people on the 101 felt the need to STOP on the freeway and look.  It was like a scene from a move where people just stopped and got out of their cars and looked up.  Thankfully it wasn't all that busy and most people atleast pulled over to the left or right.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Drones weren't even a thing when this happened.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Then why fly this secret aircraft over a major city on a night when a lot of people were looking for the Hale-Bopp comet?
View Quote

Just a thought but if you have a craft that makes no noise and is hard to see at night other than the lights, then why not fly it anywhere you want.  Back then the basic camera everyone had was not the greatest.  If this was a test flight for capability out of 51 they really didn’t have anything to worry about.

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 4:53:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Just a thought but if you have a craft that makes no noise and is hard to see at night other than the lights, then why not fly it anywhere you want.  Back then the basic camera everyone had was not the greatest.  If this was a test flight for capability out of 51 they really didn’t have anything to worry about.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Phoenix, like all major cities, has a busy airport.  If you have a mile wide stealth aircraft with no marker lights or tower contact, that is a recipe for a mid-air collision.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Phoenix, like all major cities, has a busy airport.  If you have a mile wide stealth aircraft with no marker lights or tower contact, that is a recipe for a mid-air collision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a thought but if you have a craft that makes no noise and is hard to see at night other than the lights, then why not fly it anywhere you want.  Back then the basic camera everyone had was not the greatest.  If this was a test flight for capability out of 51 they really didn't have anything to worry about.

Exactly.  The "it was our secret project" stories never really add up.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've replied to a few Phoenix lights threads here over the years.  

By far the biggest deal is there were two separate events, on two separate nights, and nearly everyone gets focused on the second event that in all probability was flares done by the USAF to muddle the picture. I witnessed the second event, but not the first, and am very familiar with the north-central part of the state.

The first event was way larger than just Phoenix. It spanned most of the state from north to south. Reports from locations near Flagstaff all the way down to Tucson.

That event included at least one of the giant triangles. Something that also rarely gets mentioned in coverage is that it flew down a river valley, below the mesas on the side of it, one of which has a large rest stop (Sunset Point, near Black Canyon City) with dozens of eye witnesses that watched it fly by below them -- they looked down on the thing -- and those accounts absolutely smoke any of the usual explanations used to dismiss the Phoenix lights as conventional military aircraft.

View Quote

Holy crap! I never heard about that!
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have a friend that’s a civilian employee on an AFB here in Texas that says 1 flew over him 1 morning in the dark when he got out of his car in the parking lot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm here in NE San Antonio. One late night (about 0100 or a bit later) we were hanging out between our houses and it was a moonless night but plenty of stars. I happened to look up and saw this triangular shaped shit fly waaay above us. It had 3 lights and made absolutely no noise. I asked my neighbor if he saw what I saw and he was like "Hell yes, I saw that!". We still bring it up. This happened about 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I saw the huge, silent delta-shaped black thing one night in Alton, IL back in 2001. Same time frame of the famous incident of the cops chasing a similar object a little further south in St. Clair County by St Louis. Freaky as fuck.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

How big was it?
View Quote

Massive. It was at night, so not the best time to judge it. It I could clearly make out its shape. And not the F-16’s/F-15’s following it.

I’d say bigger then a B-52 easy
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Random, watching captain America civil war and the scene where Tony in talking to Peter Parker Tony mentions the lights over Phoenix.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Which incident? Sounds like many discussed here are relatively recent. Successful combat recon drones have been flown since at least the middle of the Vietnam conflict; rumor has it that there were a handful operational in WWII and Korea.
View Quote

The Phoenix Lights happened 3/13-3/14/1997. Drones as we know them today weren't a thing yet, even the internet was just starting to happen.

The actual lights of the phoenix lights were very likely flares (I saw the 3/14 incident and have little doubt they were flares.)

The monster triangle of the 3/13 sightings had lights, but they were secondary to sightings of the aircraft/object itself.

One of the witnesses was a very high-time 747 pilot who said it was so large he believed he could have landed a 747 on it. Doesn't fit any drone description back then or today due to the size.

Link Posted: 6/15/2021 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

When you walk by an ant hill, do you worry about whether or not the ants can see you?
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The Phoenix Lights happened 3/13-3/14/1997. Drones as we know them today weren't a thing yet, even the internet was just starting to happen.

The actual lights of the phoenix lights were very likely flares (I saw the 3/14 incident and have little doubt they were flares.)

The monster triangle of the 3/13 sightings had lights, but they were secondary to sightings of the aircraft/object itself.

One of the witnesses was a very high-time 747 pilot who said it was so large he believed he could have landed a 747 on it. Doesn't fit any drone description back then or today due to the size.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which incident? Sounds like many discussed here are relatively recent. Successful combat recon drones have been flown since at least the middle of the Vietnam conflict; rumor has it that there were a handful operational in WWII and Korea.

That’s a huge craft. Reminds me of the Japanese 747 cargo pilot flying over Alaska who reported the craft flying next to his plane being the size of 4 aircraft carriers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Watching the video and especially reading the comments, the general consensus seems to be that the photos are faked, or at the very least manipulated.  Two of the photos appear to have identical backgrounds (to include random noise in the pixels of the night sky), and the automatic naming of the images is inconsistent with the metadata (the two photos in question have the numbering sequence different than the included metadata - that is the time stamp shows that camera image #1877 was taken before image #1876.

On the other hand, if we assume that they ARE real, they show that the lights were NOT originally in a triangle, but rather that they moved in relation to each other to form a triangle that they then maintained.  IF true (and I want to say that reports at the time said that the lights were not in a triangle when originally seen), then it seems even more likely that the lights do NOT define a single solid object, but rather a group of separate objects joining up into and then traveling as a formation.  Also as reported by a witness who viewed the lights with a telescope on that night.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Separate lights = flares.

BTW, if the U.S. had this technology and was out flying around in A-Grav ships, it would also indicate that high-powered weapons most likely would also be a spin-off from this tech. So if we have that, why aren't we dominating the 'rogue' nations that threaten world peace?
In short, I don't think we have this tech. These are ETs, the government knows it, and the main reason they won't admit it is they then have to admit that there's not a damn thing they can do about it. IOW, we are at the mercy of the ETs, whatever it is they are doing. Its been this way since the early '50s. All you can do is hope they are conservatives. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top