Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2020 11:46:20 AM EDT
This is probably already being discussed in one of the 30 threads on here, but it is my understanding that Wisconsin does not have a "stand your ground law." This may be the undoing of the Kenosha Kid and why he was so quickly arrested.

With even more riots looming if Trump wins, free state legislatures would be wise to kick it in gear and get these passed asap.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Not exactly an answer to your question, but good information regardless.

I'd assume that as the carry laws improved SD laws followed suit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought most states do, now.  I know there are some holdouts who enjoy their citizens being murdered.

What kind of person actually believes that if someone is trying to murder you, your only recourse should be to try to run away.  If you take the anti-state measure of actually defending your own life, the state will then try to take your life from you.

ETA....
From a google search.  No idea how accurate.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-law-basics/states-that-have-stand-your-ground-laws.html
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#3]
PA does

Every state is going to have it's own slight variations in the law so it's important to understand your specific laws. For example other than in your home or vehicle in PA, deadly force is only justified if the attacker has a "weapon readily or apparently capable of lethal use". Otherwise you do have a duty to retreat.
Top Top