Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/14/2018 6:24:10 PM EDT
What should they be doing *right now* to make sure we don't get slaughtered in 2020?

The map doesn't look good, dems have the momentum and passion (at the moment), and it appears a fatter wallet isn't enough to keep a party in power any more.

So, let's quit the "red wave" nonsense, and spitball some ideas so that 2020 isn't for us what 2012 was for the dems (not that anyone is listening to our opinion).
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Pass and repeal the shit that they promised they would if elected would be a fan-fucking-tastic start.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, someone sent a huge list of all the stuff sent over by the house.  is it too late to pass it?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Get better at cheating.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yeah, someone sent a huge list of all the stuff sent over by the house.  is it too late to pass it?
View Quote
They didn't have the votes before, and they don’t have the votes now  
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Hitting mf’ers with sticks; or perhaps strongly worded letters will work.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hitting mf’ers with sticks
View Quote

I'm always in favor of the sticks-and-bricks method, but I don't think that's something the GOP can advocate with immunity like the dems.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#7]
A serious answer wouldn't be very popular in GD.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Shut down voter fraud.

Fight corruption at the polls, remove the people doing it.

Prosecute all the cases they can that happened in the last cycle.

Voter ID laws.

Get ready to watch the next cycle closely to prevent it before it happened.

Its a absolute joke this wasn't done years ago.

I think the electoral system is far more corrupt than most can imagine.

This needs to happen, or else we're screwed in 2020.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Making photo ID a requirement in all fed elections EVERYWHERE.

Mandating federal supervision of all ballots in federal elections with strict chain of custody and real time public broadcasted video

Enforcing voter fraud from this uear like a mother fucker, i mean serious sentencing, not just for mexicans and other prohibited people but ESPECIALLY people like Snipes, LOCK HER UP AND THROWBAWAY THE KEY!!!

Starting a committee on mexican interference in our election, declare a punitive war on mexico for their crimes against our border, or workers, our quality of life and our sovereignty.  Maintain this state of war indefinately and meet ALL attempts to sneak across our border with LETHAL FORCE!  ROUND UP/DEPORT ALL mexican nationals to their lands as per the state of war.  Deport OTMs while at it.  End borthright citizrnship, and  RENOUNCE BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP FROM ANCHOR BABIES RETROACTIVELY!

The voter fraud thing are most important for 2020, but the later demographic ones are most important goong forward
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Mandating federal supervision of all ballots in federal elections with strict chain of custody and real time public broadcasted video

Enforcing voter fraud from this uear like a mother fucker, i mean serious sentencing.

Starting a committee on mexican i terference in our election.
View Quote
Needs to happen.

If they don't make an attempt, it will show they really don't care to win. I don't think they do, they don't mind being a minority party. Its us that pays the price when they lose.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#11]
doing their job like they are supposed to be and stop being rino's would be my vote.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#12]
They could bring about some sort of an actual healthcare plan that forces competition among insurers instead of signing up taxpayers to pay for those that won't. Build the fracking wall.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Making conservative babies?

Passing laws that aggressively round up and deport illegal aliens?

Unless they change the demographics of this country, the Repub party is fucked.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#14]
We should have passed voter ID when we had the House.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Climbing up in the old North Church tower and putting one lamp in the window
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Nothing ,they're losing the Senate in 2020.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nothing ,they're losing the Senate in 2020.
View Quote
Most likely as 33 GOP seats are up for election in 2020. If they hold onto half of those seats I will be shocked.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#18]
This batch of senate elections was geographically in our favor. The next two won't be. The presidential election may offset the next one, but I guess we're going to lose the 2022 senate.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Most likely as 33 GOP seats are up for election in 2020. If they hold onto half of those seats I will be shocked.
View Quote
I don't know about that, but I think they could lose 5-10. I'll have to look at some point and see what states those 33 seats are in to make a more accurate guess.

I think we'll get the house back but maintain gridlock with nothing getting passed in the senate.  Strange times to live in where neither party will deal with the other.

I guess status quo is better than bullshit regulations being passed.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#20]
WE should be doing more by getting involved and not take shit for granted like we did this year. In late 2019 I'll be making donations to the NRA and GOP candidates.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Get on the Trump train.

If they’d gotten on two years ago we’d have been all set and sitting pretty.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nothing, they're losing the Senate in 2020.
View Quote
And they won't get shit done in the next two years before they lose it either.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Shut down voter fraud.

Voter ID laws.

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't know about that, but I think they could lose 5-10. I'll have to look at some point and see what states those 33 seats are in to make a more accurate guess.

I think we'll get the house back but maintain gridlock with nothing getting passed in the senate.  Strange times to live in where neither party will deal with the other.

I guess status quo is better than bullshit regulations being passed.
View Quote
I think there is a very real chance we'll lose control of all three in 2020. We likely will if we don't get a handle on all the fraud.

If we're lucky we might get the house back.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Prosecuting voter fraud no matter how high up the D command chain it leads.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Climbing up in the old North Church tower and putting one lamp in the window
View Quote
Between this and a 365/7/12 open season on illegals with no bag limits and a $500 bounty and that would about do it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Drop abortion from the platform (a lot of women voters I know voted d because of this)
Legalize weed (attracts younger and minority voters + Libertarians)
Build border wall
Mandatory E-Verify
Keep on message about the vast tangible economic benefits to working Americans since Trump was elected
Better election security
Replace 0bamacare with competition
End endless democrat investigations
Trump, while I think he is a great president, needs to stop tweeting about dumb shit and stay focused on all the freedoms, jobs and economic growth his policies have had
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Attacking vote fraud is racist.

Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Shut down voter fraud.

Voter ID laws.

View Quote
voter fraud is rampant and republicans aren't doing a damn thing about it. It's insane. We're going to get swept in 2020 because of this shit if nothing is done about it in the next 2 yrs.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Pass and repeal the shit that they promised they would if elected would be a fan-fucking-tastic start.
View Quote
The uncanny fpni again.  Common sense.  If they had done the above, the reps would have a super majority in both houses of congress.  But for all their talk, they had no plan and couldn’t come up with one in two years
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#31]
False premise that they do not want to get slaughtered.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think there is a very real chance we'll lose control of all three in 2020. We likely will if we don't get a handle on all the fraud.

If we're lucky we might get the house back.
View Quote
I'd be shocked to see a 1 term president.  In my lifetime that has only happened once (thanks for Clinton, Ross Perot!) but the media is all in 24/7.

There really are too many stupid people in this country.

We (those on this site that know better) don't deserve this but WE as in America as a whole deserve everything we get from here on out.

If half of the country is that easily influenced then hey, the experiment is over and it was death by suicide.  I hate it, I don't want it to happen but when it does happen I'm not delusional enough to not acknowledge it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Drop abortion from the platform (a lot of women voters I know voted d because of this)
Build border wall
Mandatory E-Verify
Keep on message about the vast tangible economic benefits to working Americans since Trump was elected
Better election security
Trump, while I think he is a great president, needs to stop tweeting about dumb shit and stay focused on all the freedoms, jobs and economic growth his policies have had
View Quote
I believe this to be part of the right plan.

I know the "core values" will be along to disagree but:

a) weed is going to become legal no matter what. Do it now and get the credit, or hold out and continue to look like a bunch of wrinkly old prohibitionists who just want to put minorities in jail.

b) announce we are "for abortion" and that it isn't going anywhere. Get the votes back. We can still pass all kinds of laws and restriction if we really want later on. It's generally accepted that there are no un-restricted rights, and libs have been pumping that message for decades when it come to the second, and I don't see how anyone could argue the one right NOT in the BOR should be exempt.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Who knows?  I don’t. There isn’t much they can do, anyway, except hope the House Democrats overplay their hand.  It could happen.

I won’t blackpill. Things are as they are, and maybe Tolstoy was right about history being the unfolding of an inscrutable purpose beyond human influence.  If the GOP is destroyed, they will have richly deserved it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

voter fraud is rampant and republicans aren't doing a damn thing about it. It's insane. We're going to get swept in 2020 because of this shit if nothing is done about it in the next 2 yrs.
View Quote
We are going to get swept because we aren't doing there right things.

If we were,  they'd have to import a whole second nation to make the votes close.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What should they be doing *right now* to make sure we don't get slaughtered in 2020?
View Quote
Strengthen ACA: more than 66% of adults happen to like the system better than any of the other proposals.
Deal with the Deficit
Leave Abortion legal

The map doesn't look good, dems have the momentum and passion (at the moment), and it appears a fatter wallet isn't enough to keep a party in power any more.
View Quote
The wallet is not fatter, it is the same size! Where the money goes has changed from federal to state.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I believe this to be the right plan.

a) weed is going to become legal no matter what. Do it now and get the credit, or hold out and continue to look like a bunch of wrinkly old prohibitionists who just want to put minorities in jail.

b) announce we are "for abortion" and that it isn't going anywhere. Get the votes back. We can still pass all kinds of laws and restriction if we really want later on. It's generally accepted that there are no un-restricted rights, and libs have been pumping that message for decades when it come to the second, and I don't see how anyone could argue the one right NOT in the BOR should be exempt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Build border wall
Mandatory E-Verify
Better election security
I believe this to be the right plan.

Sure....just give up what we believe and become Libtard light. Why not, worked for all the Libertarian candidates. Oh wait.....it didn't.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So, let's quit the "red wave" nonsense, and spitball some ideas so that 2020 isn't for us what 2012 was for the dems (not that anyone is listening to our opinion).
View Quote
Legalizing marijuana would give them a huge boost and eliminate one of the largest draws to left wing politicians for young people.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Sure....just give up what we believe and become Libtard light. Why not, worked for all the Libertarian candidates. Oh wait.....it didn't.
View Quote
We are supposed to believe in limiting the power and size of government.

ETA: Republicans have to play the long game on abortion. Play the game,  say the right things, and get the votes necessary to maintain power. Imagine staying in power long enough to load SCOTUS with the right justices...

We won't even have a seat at the table if the media can keep hammering us on this issue.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Legalizing marijuana would give them a huge boost and eliminate one of the largest draws to left wing politicians for young people.
View Quote
Without a doubt.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#41]
The Senate map is rough for the GOP in 2020.

As long as Trump is competitive, and a bunch of GOP Senators don't retire, we will probably keep the Senate.

Alabama should be an easy pickup for the GOP.  If John James runs again in Michigan, we have a good chance to flip that seat.  New Hampshire is another opportunity for a flip if the GOP runs a strong candidate.

On defense, we will probably keep Maine as long as Colllins runs again.  Colorado will be tough to hold, however.  And the dems will target another half dozen or so seats in Georgia, Iowa, North Carolina, etc.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#42]
COC the COC.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Legalize weed. Pass healthcare fixes.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

Plus passing some pro gun legislation would get them some more votes.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Arrest people for fraud in MT, AZ, FL, etc, when found guilt, hang them on National TV.

We had a window to do things peacefully but the cucks just wanted to give it all away because they feared being called names by people who want to kill them, so now we have to do things the real easy way.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

And they won't get shit done in the next two years before they lose it either.
View Quote
They didn't get much done in the 2 years they had both the house and senate so, yeah.

They'll make alot of great noises that make my tum tum all fluttery tho.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The Senate map is rough for the GOP in 2020.

As long as Trump is competitive, and a bunch of GOP Senators don't retire, we will probably keep the Senate.

Alabama should be an easy pickup for the GOP.  If John James runs again in Michigan, we have a good chance to flip that seat.  New Hampshire is another opportunity for a flip if the GOP runs a strong candidate.

On defense, we will probably keep Maine as long as Colllins runs again.  Colorado will be tough to hold, however.  And the dems will target another half dozen or so seats in Georgia, Iowa, North Carolina, etc.
View Quote
Oh wonderful, John "muh nation of immigrants, we need to bring people in because MUH GOP" James get another chance to suck, fuck him.

CO is as well as other states proof of this is what you get thinking you can appeal to people who will never vote for you, they will not vote for you but will displace you and rule over you.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:34:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, its planning if they want to get high and abort future dem voters lets help them.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#49]
After the first civil war the senate and house refused to seat senators from the south.

Shots fired.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Enforcing voter fraud from this uear like a mother fucker, i mean serious sentencing, not just for mexicans and other prohibited people but ESPECIALLY people like Snipes, LOCK HER UP AND THROWBAWAY THE KEY!!!

Starting a committee on mexican interference in our election, declare a punitive war on mexico for their crimes against our border, or workers, our quality of life and our sovereignty.  Maintain this state of war indefinately and meet ALL attempts to sneak across our border with LETHAL FORCE!  ROUND UP/DEPORT ALL mexican nationals to their lands as per the state of war.  Deport OTMs while at it.  End borthright citizrnship, and  RENOUNCE BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP FROM ANCHOR BABIES RETROACTIVELY!

The voter fraud thing are most important for 2020, but the later demographic ones are most important goong forward
View Quote
^^^^
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top