Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]
wOOt! Top of Two!

Butt stroke after fixing bayonet, of course.

Your pistol is always secondary to your rifle

If I had to, I would “whip ‘em” with the slide, muzzle or barrel, unless I had a nice wood & steel N frame S&W that had some “oomf!”
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
God help the man getting pistol whipped by a gp100
View Quote
Funny you should mention that. That's EXACTLY what I bought mine for.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It didn't work because you didn't use the right glock

THIS is the proper glock for pistol whipping.

proper glock for pistol whipping, midway link.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-9j9zreeu/images/stencil/608x608/products/43421/153911/01__58750.1538064824.jpg?c=2
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually pistol whipped a Crip with a Glock 19,  I was fighting with and trying to arrest, who got me down on the ground and was on top of me.  About the third or fourth time I hit him with my Glock, I watched my magazine go flying out of the gun to land a few feet away.

Glocks are great guns, but they are not the first choice for a good pistol whipping.
It didn't work because you didn't use the right glock

THIS is the proper glock for pistol whipping.

proper glock for pistol whipping, midway link.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-9j9zreeu/images/stencil/608x608/products/43421/153911/01__58750.1538064824.jpg?c=2
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wow. The cop is a hell of a nicer guy than I am.
View Quote
Yeah. Once the fingers went into my eyes it's 3 rounds center mass time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Bill Jordan advised S&W when designing the Model 19 and supposedly said that it should have an ejector shroud "in case someone should bump their head on it".  Not sure how try that is, but it's been out there a long time.

The only case of an actual pistol whipping I can recall from EMS, the bad guy used the slide to whack a cashier across the head one time while trying to get him to hurry up.  Right handed robber and the cashier was struck on the right side of his head so I'm assuming the bad guy essentially backhanded him with the gun.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Had a buddy who was robbed and pistol whipped. .38 snub straight forward, punch style, to right below the eye. He said it took any thought of fighting right out of him.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]
That dude should have been shot dead about 6 times.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The but of the revolver seems to work.
https://i.imgur.com/KuWwJ8B.gif
https://i.imgur.com/g36hebk.gif
View Quote
If memory serves, some revolver manufacturers such as Merwin & Hulbert made revolver grips with a protrusion at the base of the grip for just such occasions, so I might lean towards base of a grip.  Slide on a semi auto might possibly induce an out of battery malfunction.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Using the bottom of the front of the slide of a 1911 did its job when I needed it to.   I came straight down onto the top of his forehead.  Took every bit of his bad intentions away.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Using the bottom of the front of the slide of a 1911 did its job when I needed it to.   I came straight down onto the top of his forehead.  Took every bit of his bad intentions away.  
View Quote
I imagine that a 1911 with a section of rail underneath the slide for mounting a light could REALLY make someone's head hurt.  Of course an old AMT Longslide 45 would probably pack enough extra mass to hurt pretty well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#12]
A TLR-1 under a G21 makes a really effective improvised  less lethal impact tool.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Somebody should put trumps head on Henry body and have him takin out some scumbag dems.

Have trump beating down robert o cock with a dildo
in his hand in place of the 38 spl Henry is holding.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I actually pistol whipped a Crip with a Glock 19,  I was fighting with and trying to arrest, who got me down on the ground and was on top of me.  About the third or fourth time I hit him with my Glock, I watched my magazine go flying out of the gun to land a few feet away.

Glocks are great guns, but they are not the first choice for a good pistol whipping.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock 19

No offense and I’m glad it worked out for you, but pistol whipping someone who’s got you pinned to the ground seems like a great way to get shot with your own gun.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Slide. just make sure u hit on the non mag release side so you dont lose your mag.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#16]
This what comes to mind when I think of pistol whipping.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I pistol whipped a bank robber who would not listen to what I was saying one time. I always like to grab people by the shirt when possible so I grabbed him by the shirt and struck him about the head with the trigger guard/bottom of the frame. You have to be sure and not smash your trigger finger between the bottom of the trigger guard and skull bone. You can hear the ammo in your mag bouncing up and down in the mag with each lick. We called the checkered front of the trigger guard on our pistols the "DNA sampler".

That maneuver actually broke my aluminum framed pistol under the grips in two places so I got a brand new pistol out of the deal. I think that is the best way to pistol whip people. Kind of a hammer blow down onto their noggin.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#18]
In terms of impact feel of the material, I don't think it would make much difference to the recipient between a hard polymer and steel.  Neither is going give when cracked against ones skull.  It's more a question of leverage.  So, is a fully loaded magazine of whichever semi-automatic pistol heavier or lighter than the slide, taking into account the distance from where you're gripping the bludgeon?

I'm guessing that in the case of a 1911, you'll do the most damage holding the slide and whacking away with the bottom of the grip with a fully loaded magazine.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 12:54:54 AM EDT
[#19]
shenanigans
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Like this

The Gus McCrae School of Bartending
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top