Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Smashed it with my tongue, took a sip of rootbeer from a can, bastard wasp was also getting a sip, i was so pissed i smashed it and spit it out dead.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Walked into my old house one day and saw a huge wolf spider on the wall, so hit it made me step back!!

I grabbed a can of brake cleaner and hit it from the doorway, thing is when the spray hit the spider it looked like dark paint spilled all around it. White wall so it was easy to see.

I walked over to the wall and to my horror I saw hundreds of baby wolf spiders spreading out dying. I sprayed them again
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Just the other day I hit a Paper Wasp flying around our pool mid-flight with a pool noodle.  It hit the water and gave him like 6 more smacks, then proceeded to funnel him into the hole in the noodle and kept him under water for about a minute to ensure his demise.  Fuck wasps.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Dragon flies with a 20ga. In the air of course.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had impressive results using a couple of drops of superglue on large palmetto bugs, crickets and grasshoppers.  Watch them crawl along a few inches until the thermal reaction in the superglue gets really going and then they just stop and steam pours out of them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Fly, with .45ACP @ 7yds

I've done the same with a .22 rifle @ 100yds from the bench.

The most satisfying was smacking a large fly with a dead blow hammer.  I felt like Gallagher.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Ran one over with an M1 tank.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Hunting scorpions in the backyard at night with a blacklight.  They glow like a yellow highlighter when lit up with the blacklight.  Then used a propane torch to end their miserable lives.  A dozen or so a night until I got bored.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#9]
One time I was out with my friend and he hit a rabbit with his car.  He decided he wanted its skin so we went back but it was smashed up pretty good.  Regardless he threw it in the trunk of his car.

Later, we thought it would be pretty fun to get some sticks and fashion them into a cross, gut the rabbet and hang its body on the cross and then plant the cross in the front yard of our churches youth pastor.  We threw the entrails onto his front porch and left, in hysterical laughter.

That was a good night.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#10]
stomp honeybees barefooted
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#11]
only kind of impressive - improvised flame thrower out of a can of 2d40 and a lighter.  Took all the hair off my hand.

I have killed copper heads with a much larger flame thrower, lawn mower, and with my skid loader's bucket (and shovels, firearms, sling blade). Accidentally hit a bumble bee nest with the skid loader - damn things sounded like hail hitting my cab.  I have a cab because I am afraid of Africanised bees.  They kill a handful of farmers and ranchers annually in Texas.  Sucky way to die.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#12]

I used to snipe flies and spiders with my airsoft guns.  It make one hell of a splat.

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#13]
100 yard bullseye 22 rim fire benchrest comp.  Pre match, practice.  Butterfly lands on my target.  Adjusted front rest, bags, centered the crosshair on the middle of the butterfly, squeezed the trigger…bang.  Good follow through, watched a pair of wings flutter to the ground.  Hit exactly where I was aiming.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Tie between two incidents.  First was pulling gate guard in Iraq 2003 at night.  A huge (had to be over a foot long) one of this nasty bastards.......

....comes out from around some sand bags and charges right at me.  I jump up on a stack of sandbags (about 10 bags tall).  The nasty stops and I jump off squashing that sucker.  The other soldiers on duty with me laughed their asses off.

Second, hanging out with a friend on his elevated back deck having some beers and shooting a pellet gun.  I spot a butterfly on a leaf of a tree about 20 yards away.  Took careful buzzed aim and blew it's head off.  Best shot I have ever made.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One time my cousins and I told our grandpa their was a bat in the house. He was in the royal navy for 35 years and drank a lot.. I think Canada was the last country that still had rum as a ration. Anyway.. he was shit faced and grabbed his 686 after he finally believed us. My nanna took it away.
View Quote

I can't even claim that I was drunk...
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I had just finished sighting in a 17HMR when horse flies started swarming the white target backer. I started popping them and I mean they would pop when I hit them I ended with 11 big red blotches on the target.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#17]
We had a lot of red ant hills where I grew up.

As the Administrator of NASA (National Ants in Space Administration), I used to poke pop bottle rockets into their entry hole.

The red ants would swarm up the stick, biting the hell out of it. Then I would light the fuse, sending red ants on a journey to the stars.

Some ants made their way back to Earth, but asked "where the hell am I?" Others, sadly gave their lives in this noble quest.

FYI, the ants exacted their revenge.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Blowgun to take out a spider, c02 bb gun to take out a bumblebee!
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#19]
fucking POS, I have two of them, both broken now from just trying to cock them.  If I remember right they sent me an upgrade repair for one of them already and its broke again.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Track day during love bug season.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Those damned tomato destroying caterpillars routinely went into a fire.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I smashed a rolling desk chair on a spider once.

My home shop is always full of spiders. I hit them with spray paint, shop walls are full of silhouettes.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I relocated him.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Once a big fat spider was crawling up the outside of my mom's windshield and she refused to use the windshield wipers on it. I grabbed a napkin from the glovebox, reached outside, and smashed it so everyone inside could see it smoosh.

The "GROSSSSSS!!!!!" from my bros in the backseat and mom made it 100% worth it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#25]
My cat once brought a live chipmunk into the house and dropped it on the floor in front of me. After trying to shoo him out of the door for a half hour I tacked him to the trim board with a blow dart gun. Went right through him but he acted like it was nothing. I scraped him off the dart and he went on his way....
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#26]
A Daddy Long Legs.  Ate it.  Was kinda crunchy.  Washed it down with a beer….. or seven
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Golden orb weaver, 12 gauge shotgun.

I've used flamethrowers before, but there was something really satisfying about instantly vaporizing that fucker with a shotgun.
View Quote

Big old spider, killed it with my Bug-A-Salt 1.0.... from about an inch away on the web. Was shocked to see it literally blow it's guts out.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#28]
When I was twenty, pulling 10hr shift as CAT line welder in dead Sumner.  In the middle of a spray arc bead on a front-end loader lever link boss. I had a bubble bee fly right into my helmet.  After much cursing and me flailing around, it hit the floor finally, just buzzing around in a circle.  

I was so angry I grabbed a 7" grinder with a hard disc on it, put it to the leg of my metal table. and proceeded to rain a hot shower of red hot steel all over it, until it was completely burned up black.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I provided one with information that will lead to the arrest and conviction of Hillary Clinton.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Not me, but damn!!

Here

Edit: A short won't embed correctly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#31]
I shot a big nasty spider with a trim nail gun, it exploded and the juice splattered my buddy in his face and mouth...
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#32]
I slapped a fruit fly out of the air into the toilet, peed on it, flushed it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#33]
I shot a bumble bee at 100yds with a .22. I wasn't aiming for him, he was buzzing around my target. I fired and splat he got smashed into the paper.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Morning meeting with the facility lead engineer, a complete old school horses ass.
Horses ass ass.
We meet every morning in his office with 5 - 6 of us seated semicircle around his desk.
Fly is buzzing around, he swats at it several times.
Fly lands in front of me on the floor.
I slowly take my clipboard and lower it down to the floor at and angle with my foot behind it.
Slam my foot down and the clipboard hitting the floor was loud as hell.
Everybody jumps, including the old man.
With veins popping out of his neck yells "you sure as hell better hope you got it!"
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Most skilled,  200 yard horsefly crawling across my target.

Most smart and effective?  

Dawn patrol with a shop vac and the nozzle extensions set at the opening of a yellow jacket nest that was in my bay window top on the porch.  I made my coffee in the morning and went out on the porch to watch the sun come up.   When the first pair of sentry yellow jackets appeared I plugged in the extension cord to the previously switched on shop vac.   The “zip” as each one got sucked in and rattled down the hose was very satisfying.  Then went inside and watched the carnage from inside just a few feet way and enjoyed my coffee.  I got a few gallons of  the dead bastards.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I catch flies all the time in mid air. Then crush them in my hand. I have use a lot of stuf to kill shit. My .22 caliber air rifle pumped up without a pellet and just vaporized those bitches. Just a mist. Carb cleaner. Air in a can. Aqua Net hairspray was the SHIT. Best killer ever. One hell of a flamethrower.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I shot a wasp down mid flight while taking a piss off my boat. Knocked him in the water and what I assume was a bluegill got him.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Nailed a carpenter bee with a frisbee from about 30'. I've killed probably over a hundred of those bastards with a badminton racket but the frisbee was the most memorable.
View Quote

@TinSpinner
I am picturing you like Goldfinger’s henchman, Oddjob, who cracked his neck sideways after killing with his Bowler hat.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Nothing crazy.  Was at the range and found two ticks crawling on my shirt. They were dropped down the barrel of my rifle and shot.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Wolf spider on college wall.
I froze him with a spray of butane. Then handed the butane to another guy who had the the butane owner hold his lighter up and then shot it with flame.
Flash frozen then cooked.

Also a Crosman 760, shoot these dadblame stinkbugs off the screen door from inside as they crawled up the outside.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Weed eating a fence line. Peripheral vision catches the red wasp drop off of the nest in the top runner.

Instantly started to backpedal as he makes a direct line at me.

In a flash of cat like reflexes, I sweep the running weed eater up and across his flight path perfectly cutting him in half mid flight with the spinning line.

And nobody was there to see it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:13:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Dragonfly with a rubber band gun. It was black plastic and you could load 6-10 rubber bands on it. Once you fired and released the trigger it would reset and the wheel on the back would index forward for the next shot. Anyway. Was was just screwing around in the yard with it. Big ass dragonfly came by. Took his head clean off.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I found an in ground yellow jacket nest with my mower. That night I lit the nest on fire with a small amount of gasoline and used a 12 gauge shotgun on any yellow jacket that flew away. It worked well
View Quote

Impressive how much lead
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Golden orb weaver, 12 gauge shotgun.

I've used flamethrowers before, but there was something really satisfying about instantly vaporizing that fucker with a shotgun.
View Quote

I was lured in this post thinking that I was going to take the prize for this…. Hahaha glad to see I’m not the only one who takes joy in this. We get so many on my property and their webs are just a PITA.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Taser X26P direct arced into a horsefly. He had just come off the ceiling so technically killed in flight.

In high school I was in a Marine JROTC unit and competed in 3-position sporter air rifle. We had wooden pellet traps outside and each summer wasps would nest in them. One day at practice I noticed a red wasp stopped on the side (perpendicular to me) so I killed it with my Daisy 753 at 10 meters.
The next time that happened I shot the wings off (on purpose) and we brought it inside in a Dixie cup and played with it. "Stubby" was pissed.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#47]
shot a dragonfly out of the air.  Headshot.  Craziest damn thing.

I flipped a huge fly out of the air with a rolled up towel.  Few seconds later my wife says "holy shit! look at this!"  I go over and the fly is literally embedded, headfirst, into a piece of ceiling tile I had leaning up against the wall. The towel caught it just right and flung it at high speed right into this tile. It was literally embedded in it head first.  It was hilarious.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#48]
I like to shoot carpenter bees with a paintball gun at my cabin.

Very satisfying.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Fly on a target with my custom Gold Cup.

My all time best kill though was with my ass. That’s right…my fat ass.  I got up from the couch I had slept on in the deer cabin to put my pants on. I then sat down and put on my hunting boots. I stood up and saw a dead, squished mouse on top of my sleeping bag. Poor thing, the last thing he saw in his life was my ass descending on his unlucky soul.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:35:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
When I was 12, myself and a group of friends found a dead pigeon on the road, then lit it on fire with model glue.
View Quote

This fuckin place
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top