Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2020 4:26:45 PM EDT
I’m wanting to get a 1/10 scale rockcrawler for me and my son to play with.  

What is the “best” brand for these...Axial, Traxxas, etc?

By “best” I’m meaning which is the one with the long term factory support, accessory and parts availability, etc?  Not necessarily the latest, greatest features or highest performance.

I guess you could say the Glock of R/C crawlers.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Traxxas has been in the RC game forever, but are relatively new to scale/rock... Excellent parts support and excellent products

Axial was one of the first in the rock crawling gig its basically all they do... Excellent parts support and excellent products

Either will suit you well. I went with the Traxxas TRX4 as I just wanted the Bronco.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Traxxas and RC4WD.

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Traxxas will give you the best support as well as your LHS if one is near you and deals direct with Traxxas.  Go to Traxxas.com and use their find a local Traxxas dealer.

Axial has good stuff but support has been a major problem as well as some financial problems in the recent past.

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all of the replies.  It sounds like Traxxas might be the way to go.  I knew they were big in the basher and stadium trucks but didn’t know about their rockcrawler line.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't believe Traxxas makes a true "crawler" as Axial does. Traxxas is dabbling in the "scale" rc realm.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been pleased with Traxxas, and Axial.

Hard to go wrong with either.

Have heard good things about RC4WD also, but have no experience with their trucks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Axial

RC4WD

Traxxas

Element
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top