Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New one:
View Quote

I see a day when we go to war and it's going to be a giant charlie foxtrot because everyone will be wearing the same frigging uniforms and carrying the same frigging gear!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That’s not airsoft

Good grief, you can see ammo in his Lancer mag.
View Quote

I've seen airsoft mags that have fake real ammo.

I think you can even buy decals you apply so it looks like real brass.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looks French
View Quote

I was going to say France or NATO country member
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s not airsoft

Good grief, you can see ammo in his Lancer mag.

yep

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Personally, I’m no expert, but looks good enough for the movies. They are starting to film again in Georgia.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#7]

I’ve seen various militaries where a variety of shit. Even our country has. BDU was authorized fir Pacific theater until the new jungle scorpion came out long after it was phased out for the regular army
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ah yes, the infamous Surefire "seen in the wild" photoshoots
View All Quotes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLniQ7XhRi7/
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ive seen pics of guys in Vietnam with wedding rings and nice (ish) looking watches on...
View Quote

We had to turn in all jewelry, including watches and rings when we went into the field in Vietnam. They went into a brown paper pouch that was inventoried under the supervision of an officer. We weren’t allowed to have anything that wasn’t issued to us.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Army or Air Force

Marines don't have the SF 556 can, or the Geissele Mk16 BendyBoi rail
View Quote

That's not a Mk16
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I’ve seen various militaries where a variety of shit. Even our country has. BDU was authorized fir Pacific theater until the new jungle scorpion came out long after it was phased out for the regular army
View Quote

Sure but I have never seen this one on a French soldier.
I'm gonna be good with arfcom and let you insert your best jokes: This camo is way too much yellow to be French

More seriously even the lowest-tier French soldiers now have some guccier gear like kneepads, gloves, sidearms etc... This one seems outdated and underfunded.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Cedar tree tattoo?   Lebanese soldier?

ETA......that’s really weird...System duped my post from page 1......maybe I had a screen open and clicked send again?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:50:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Even the French can't afford ammo.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Keymod rail on other gun
Magpul grip
Billet lower on AR
No 3rd hole on AR
No side arm
M203 chalk round (looks more like a civilian 37mm instead of 40mm, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt)
Propper woodland combat shirt

Nothing definitive, just odd to me at a glance.
View Quote

Damn son, you got the high resolution picture?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#15]
The camo patterns on the rifle and helmet kinda look like Mossy Oak or similar.......
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cedar tree tattoo?   Lebanese soldier?
View Quote

To me it looked like a fish skeleton.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Must be if he can see that Propper label!!!

BTW, Propper is a long time maker of US issue cammies.  In fact, probably the best.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's a Glock and the photo caught it in mid-explosion
View Quote

nice.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keymod rail on other gun
Magpul grip
Billet lower on AR
No 3rd hole on AR
No side arm
M203 chalk round (looks more like a civilian 37mm instead of 40mm, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt)
Propper woodland combat shirt

Nothing definitive, just odd to me at a glance.

Um...just open it with a photo editor and zoom?? It's 2021, Boomer. We don't use Polaroids anymore.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

BTW, Propper is a long time maker of US issue cammies.  In fact, probably the best.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No label, but the color of the rolled up sleeve is a dead give away that it's not Crye. And Propper woodland combat shirts were never issued.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:46:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ive seen pics of guys in Vietnam with wedding rings and nice (ish) looking watches on...
View Quote
Wore my ring on deployments, had gloves on quite a bit so it didn't matter.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Looks like a Geissele Mk14, no? I'd be surprised if Marsoc/raiders were allowed that level of flexibility. In other pics the weapon setups are pretty identical.
View Quote
I took my MK12 upper and optics on a deployment, not a cool guy but I did what I wanted.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#23]

That is asking to get shot by real bullets. Dumb
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Go post that pic in the clone threads.  Those foamers could tell you everything you want to know.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:02:29 PM EDT
[#26]
MK14 as well
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Might be a Noveske lower. There is some tier 1 unit using Noveske rifles now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks airsofter-y to me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Army or Air Force

Marines don't have the SF 556 can, or the Geissele Mk16 BendyBoi rail
View Quote

That's not a Mk16 rail
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#30]
So that battle worn metal mag is AS too?  He went to all the trouble to mix and match battle worn gear to T.

Nothing looks new from Amazon. That is real shit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So that battle worn metal mag is AS too?  He went to all the trouble to mix and match battle worn gear to T.

Nothing looks new from Amazon. That is real shit.
View Quote

Yeah the people saying "airsoft" are legitimately retarded, this is real gear but its obviously some sort of staged photo shoot or promo, not a "in theater" shot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#32]
"SF" is Army. I believe you mean the more generic term, SOF.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#33]
If I had to take a guess, I would say that he's a foreign voluntary fighting with the Kurds or in Syria.
Not a regular but not an airsofter.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
"SF" is Army. I believe you mean the more generic term, SOF.
View Quote

in this case, SF is SureFire
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Its a photoshoot, guys.  There are companies out there (I really only know of just one, but there may be others) who do photo shoots using real BTDT dudes with real top of the line equipment/gear/vehicles/etc in very realistic settings (ship boarding, parachuting, helicopter insertions, etc).

It’s primarily for gun companies (or really any company that caters to the “tactical” market, think Oakley, LBT, Propper, etc) to pay to have their “operators” use said companies shit in a very realistic looking setting doing cool guy stuff.  These photos are then used for promotional material/marketing.  It’s why everything appears to be a jumbled mess of random shit that isn’t actually “issued” equipment.

https://www.tacgas.com/#intro-1

Whatever is in that dude’s hand that’s blurred out is likely a new piece of gear/equipment a company sent to be used in a photo shoot that hasn’t been released to the public yet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Might be a Noveske lower. There is some tier 1 unit using Noveske rifles now.
View Quote

That would be DEVGRU. Whoever this guy is, he isn't one of them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Its a photo shoot, guys.  There are companies out there (I really only know of just one, but there may be others) who do photo shoots using real BTDT dudes with real top of the line equipment/gear/vehicles/etc.

It’s primarily for gun companies to pay to have their “operators” use said companies shit in a very realistic looking setting doing cool guy stuff.  These photos are then used for promotional material/marketing.

Whatever is in that dude’s hand that’s blurred out is likely a new piece of gear/equipment a company sent to be used in a photo shoot that hasn’t been released to the public yet.
View Quote

This makes sense.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sure but I have never seen this one on a French soldier.
I'm gonna be good with arfcom and let you insert your best jokes: This camo is way too much yellow to be French

More seriously even the lowest-tier French soldiers now have some guccier gear like kneepads, gloves, sidearms etc... This one seems outdated and underfunded.
View Quote

Which was why I also said NATO there’s like 28 partner nations and 87% don’t pay their 2% GDP so even their tier 1 are Goodwill hand me downs but Spain & I think Italy has a foreign legion. Military is no longer the cool kid $$$ even USA SOF got some budgetary cuts this FY. Don’t expect our tier 1 to be so impressively decked out 4 years from now. Congress and Biden are chopping at least 5% possibly a Bernie Sanders 10% come FY 2022
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't keep up with this shit, but Vortex?!? Come on man.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone notice the front handguard attachment screw is missing from the Mk14?  
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Its a photoshoot, guys.  There are companies out there (I really only know of just one, but there may be others) who do photo shoots using real BTDT dudes with real top of the line equipment/gear/vehicles/etc in very realistic settings (ship boarding, parachuting, helicopter insertions, etc).

It’s primarily for gun companies (or really any company that caters to the “tactical” market, think Oakley, LBT, Propper, etc) to pay to have their “operators” use said companies shit in a very realistic looking setting doing cool guy stuff.  These photos are then used for promotional material/marketing.  It’s why everything appears to be a jumbled mess of random shit that isn’t actually “issued” equipment.

View Quote

Yeah Surefire posts these photoshoots as "XXX product seen in the wild" making you believe they're being used in the real world.  It's all quite humorous
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Because "fuck you" that's why!  Who's going to tell him otherwise?

I'm thinking this isn't an old photo because the gear is super modern but those look to be old school Marine Corps pre-woodland BDU pattern utes heavily modified with extra pockets.

Cool pic, OP!
View Quote

ERDL?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don't keep up with this shit, but Vortex?!? Come on man.
View Quote

Yeah, what about Vortex?

CAG
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah Surefire posts these photoshoots as "XXX product seen in the wild" making you believe they're being used in the real world.  It's all quite humorous
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair to Surefire, the vast majority of the shit you see in the photos they post ARE used in the real world by the military.  They have the contract for cans and SF weapon lights have been a staple issue item in the military for over a decade.  

The photos they post may just be staged photoshoots/marketing material, though.  You’ll get way prettier looking photos that way.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Because "fuck you" that's why!  Who's going to tell him otherwise?

I'm thinking this isn't an old photo because the gear is super modern but those look to be old school Marine Corps pre-woodland BDU pattern utes heavily modified with extra pockets.

Cool pic, OP!
View Quote

The entire US military wore the old woodland pattern pre-2003 or so.

These days the "cool kids" are moving away from things like multicam because the "not cool kids" are wearing it. So they have in some cases gone old school to the woodlands.

Jokes on them though, I still have some of my old woodlands so some not cool kids will still match them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah the people saying "airsoft" are legitimately retarded, this is real gear but its obviously some sort of staged photo shoot or promo, not a "in theater" shot.
View Quote

Go on, tell us how we're retarded.   I don't see a pin on his rifle.  The lower looks like it's a forged one.

The gear isn't bad, it's certainly beat to shit.   I'll amend that it is probably a real guy with a rifle someone handed him doing a promo shot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

These days the "cool kids" are moving away from things like multicam because the "not cool kids" are wearing. So they have in some cases gone old school to the woodlands.

Jokes on them though, I still have some of my old woodlands so some not cool kids will still match them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Looks LARPy to me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Homeboys looking like a Texas Ranger, with that cringe’ass stacked/double belt setup.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

These days the "cool kids" are moving away from things like multicam because the "not cool kids" are wearing. So they have in some cases gone old school to the woodlands.

https://www.stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1.599732.1568985441!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_900/image.jpg

2 cool 4 multicam
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top