Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/26/2018 3:57:26 PM EDT
It seems that more and more fast casual restaurants (you order and pickup the order at the counter) expect it either with a tip jar or a tip line if you pay by cc.

If you do tip, how much.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#1]
tip line on the receipt at the register, no waiter? Just myself?

$1-2
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't except for my local Chinese place. Maybe $2
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless they wait my table, or deliver it to my house- I don't tip.
I don't get tipped for doing my job.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Might tip if it's a regular haunt of mine and we get to know each otherwise not that likely.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#6]
These days I'm making good money and feeling generous, I'll leave the change, plus a buck or three.   If I was barely getting by, I would just leave the change.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]
If it's one of those tip jar things at the register, I may put a dollar in there if I get a bunch of dollars back in change.  It just sucks when they don't see you put it in there.

I tip 20% to the plate pick up girls at my regular Chinese buffet.  Now they fight with each other to get my table when I come in.  My drinks always stay full and my plates promptly picked up.  I know a lot of people don't tip them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I was hounded every few minutes by some Shaniqua at Fuddruckers last Saturday.  She REALLY was aiming for a tip.

This is after I ordered at the counter, and got my own drinks.  When the order was ready, I picked it up at the counter.  This no-load had done nothing, and was doing nothing for us.  Literally was a beggar with a uniform.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Up to a dollar at a place like Chipotle.

Chinese takeout- $1-2. They still had to pack it and walk it to the counter. Plus, they remember me and I get occasional free shit.  Actually, that happens at Chipotle, too.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Word, that's why I don't tip pizza dudes.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It seems that more and more fast casual restaurants (you order and pickup the order at the counter) expect it either with a tip jar or a tip line if you pay by cc.

If you do tip, how much.
View Quote
If you order at the counter and pick up your own food---you tip NOTHING.
Nobody is SERVING YOU.

Dude...this isn't rocket surgery.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I am a generous tipper, if somebody is actually waiting on me, refilling drinks, etc.

When I order and pickup at the counter, you get NO TIP.  SORRY.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#15]
At the register? Nothing unless she's cute...
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Lol no
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Unless they bring me my food, those people can GFTTSWAS.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If you do tip, how much.
View Quote
10% or a dollar or two in the jar.

edit: walk up place? I might throw a dollar in for the cook but that's it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#19]
If I pay with cash and there is a jar on the counter, I might drop a buck in there. I am not adding a tip to a CC receipt.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lol no
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.  For take-out I don't tip except the Chinese place I frequent.  The order-taker is (I swear) the nine year-old son of someone who works there.  Kid hustles, speaks good English, always gets it right, and can take a phone order while cashing out a customer in-store.  I always tip that kid.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#22]
If I order at counter and they bring me the food, $1-$2.

If I order a counter and grab my own stuff, $0.

A place like Lubys or buffet it works different though. Did you check on me? Did you refill my drinks promptly? Did you prebuss my Table? Anywhere from $0 to $5.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't believe in tipping.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If it's one of those tip jar things at the register, I may put a dollar in there if I get a bunch of dollars back in change.  It just sucks when they don't see you put it in there.

I tip 20% to the plate pick up girls at my regular Chinese buffet.  Now they fight with each other to get my table when I come in.  My drinks always stay full and my plates promptly picked up.  I know a lot of people don't tip them.
View Quote
A good Buffet lady is your friend.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Tip line:  "cash tip"

No fucking tipping at all until my food is delivered on time and good quality.  Even then, if I am picking it up at the counter, no tip.  Enjoy your extorted minimum wage increase.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#26]
No service at the table, no tip.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#27]
For the most part, I don't tip at counter style restaurants.  I rarely tip for to go pickups at decent restaurants.

If I sit down and am served, I'll tip.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. I worked foodservice and did not expect a tip for orders placed at the counter. Tipping is for delivery and table service, where the employee has an opportunity to provide a level of service and courtesy beyond handing you your food.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am a generous tipper, if somebody is actually waiting on me, refilling drinks, etc.

When I order and pickup at the counter, you get NO TIP.  SORRY.
View Quote
This. Except I am not sorry.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't tip the gas station counter person after pumping my own gas...

Real Answer?

I tip based on how much of a service they do.  Advise me on menu choice? Bring my food? Refill my drink? Check on me a few times?   The more they do the more I tip.

Taking my order, assembling it, and handing it to me?  Nope.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll tip a bartender or takeaway place at a real restaurant, usually a buck or two.  I won't tip the guy at the register at the end of the burrito line.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#33]
On the rare occasions that I pay cash at Chipotle, and the line workers have been nice, I'll put my coin change into the tip jar.

Mostly because I don't like walking around with coins in my pocket.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#34]
No thanks.

Whats next tipping the checkout person at the grocery store?
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Lol, why would I tip the register monkey for pushing buttons while I have to wait for then collect my food, fill my own drinks, etc? Does anyone really understand what tipping is supposed to be for?

I feel not a twinge of guilt for not paying more money than I have to in order to eat out. I'm not made of money and if the restaurant isn't paying its workers enough that isn't my problem as a customer.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll throw a buck or two in the tip jar.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Someone should take their commie tip jar and donate the money to Trump
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#39]
generally no unless they go out of their way

Quoted:
No thanks.

Whats next tipping the checkout person at the grocery store?
View Quote
If you're not using self checkout and not tipping, you're basically stealing from the cashiers /s
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#40]
I used to at the family run Chinese place I would hit every week when I was younger. They remember.

Other than that, fuck no.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#41]
depends if they're stupid or not
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I just use the tip.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This.  For take-out I don't tip except the Chinese place I frequent.  The order-taker is (I swear) the nine year-old son of someone who works there.  Kid hustles, speaks good English, always gets it right, and can take a phone order while cashing out a customer in-store.  I always tip that kid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol. Same story at mine except it's a girl.  I've just about funded her first car by now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Does anyone feel the need to tip the person ringing you up at walmart or the gas station?  Not sure why there is a need to tip for counter service.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep

and I tip very well , but I am not tipping at the local deli ,Chinese take out etc
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't get tipping. They're hired to do a job and they get payed to do that job. I'm paying for my food already. Why should I have to give more money to somebody who's already getting payed to do their job? And before someone says, "but tips are how they make their money". No it's not. It's one way they can get some money. By law, employers are required to pay them at least minimum wage if they don't reach it in tips. And why is it that the server is the one who gets tipped? All they do is bring your food to you. I think the tip, if you give one, should go to the person who actually makes the food.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#47]
You mean where I order at a counter and get my food right there in a tray? No. I also don't tip at McDonald's.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Word, that's why I don't tip pizza dudes.
View Quote
Not really the same their job is based on tips, and they aren't paid much because of that.

Sure you can be the cheapskate that takes advantage of them, but if everyone started doing that you'd have to go get your own food as no one would do the job.

Or they'd be paid a much higher wage, and the increased price in food would make up for it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#49]
When I eat at a sit down , if waitress keeps my coffee cup filled ,yes. Otherwise stay away from me so I can eat in peace. Pick-up at counter , no.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I just use the tip.
View Quote
That’s what I tell her then BAM all in
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top