Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2021 2:16:57 PM EDT
I have used the vibrating Gillette Mach3 Power Men's Razor for years now.    I am running out of replacement blades from my stockpile.      This has been my favorite razor, by far.   I have a few of the regular Mach 3  razors, and they are decent, but do not feel as comfortable.   Like many here, I HATE the company.    I want to replace this razor with something of equal or better performance.    I am open to continuing to use the vibrating handle with another supplier's blades.    I simply want the following:  1)  A shave that feels as good.   (I never expect they vibrating action to make a difference.  However, it is a night versus day difference to me.)    2)  I want my money to go to a company, person, organization that does not hate traditional men.    Personally, I would jack off to watching woke companies burn to ash with their executives and HR trapped inside, understanding they would do the same for my kind.    So, I want to do my part.  

I would like to stick to a similar system and process.  

What is the replacement?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything really...
If you’re brave enough
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:15:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldmanofthewoods] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Riflenoob:
Anything really...
If you’re brave enough
View Quote

That is less than productive.

Is this forum like GD and open to pointless garbage?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditch it and get a safety razor. Can’t beat it, the shave or the price. Pretty sure there’s a tech forum here for it- but long story short get a nice handle and find which blade works for you.

Can’t go wrong with these, https://vikingsblade.com/collections/safety-razors

I like feather blades, but each blade will shave differently on each handle. Get a sample pack and see what fits you. I use shave gel, but the purists are all about their little kits.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:30:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TARHEEL_85] [#4]
Do what works best for you.

I quit cartridge razors because I'm cheap and started going backwards. I really fell down the rabbit hole of traditional wet shaving when I started searching for better DE blades than I could find at walmart or the local drug stores and haven't regretted it yet. I get better shaves for a lower price (and if I could rein in my stockpiling that savings would skyrocket ). But I know what works for me doesn't work for everybody. Shaving is definitely one of those things where Your Mileage May Vary applies.

It's kind of hard to find any company anymore that is not woke to some degree, especially when you consider that most major corporations are owned by conglomerates and it seems like the bigger the business the more likely they are to exhibit wokeness either in a bid to appease the woke rabble rousers or to try to score points with the woke masses.

If you want to see if you can continue to use the equipment you now possess without giving anymore money to Gillette / Procter & Gamble, Personna makes some Mach3 replacement cartridges
(https://www.amazon.com/Personna-EasyFit-Compatible-Refill-Cartridges/dp/B06X9GV5S1). Personna is owned by Edgewell (who also own the brands Schick, Wilkinson Sword, Playtex, Carefree, Stayfree, Hawaiian Tropic, Banana Boat, Bulldog, Wet Ones, Skintimate and Edge) who seem to be neutral according to this website; https://www.2ndvote.com/when-the-left-politicizes-the-morning-shave-heres-the-personal-care-guide-for-the-2ndvote-man-and-woman/

25 Jan When the Left Politicizes the Morning Shave, Here’s the Personal Care Guide for the 2ndVote Man AND Woman
POSTED AT 12:47H IN NEWS BY 2V COMMS 4 COMMENTS
Is your razor so “woke” that you’d just rather get back in bed?

As Gillette’s recent ad on so-called “toxic masculinity” climbs the most-disliked rankings for YouTube videos, one thing is clear: the politicization of the morning shave and daily grooming routine irritates more than just sensitive skin. That is why our research team has pulled together the information that will help 2ndVote men and women purchase personal care products that don’t make a political statement.

Gillette (Procter & Gamble) – 1.7 (Liberal)

Gillette’s parent company, Procter & Gamble, owns a wide range of personal care brands including The Art of Shaving, Venus, Herbal Essences, Old Spice, Always, and more. However, in addition to pushing the “toxic masculinity” narrative, Procter & Gamble has aligned its corporate values with liberal activist organizations like the Human Rights Campaign, the World Wildlife Fund, and LULAC, a group that advocates for dangerous sanctuary city policies.

Dollar Shave Club (Unilever) – 1.9 (Liberal)

Dollar Shave Club’s parent company Unilever also produces many familiar brands. But, Unilever’s financial support for abortion giant Planned Parenthood and opposition to religious liberty protections should concern those who would rather purchase shaving products, and other personal care items, without an agenda.

Barbasol – 2.3 (Lean Liberal)

Barbasol’s parent company Perio also produces the Pure Silk lines of personal care products for women. However, Barbasol is also a financial supporter of the YWCA of Columbus, Ohio, a pro-abortion organization that played a key role in organizing last week’s Women’s March Ohio.

Schick (Edgewell Personal Care) – 3 (Neutral)

Of the companies we’ve researched in recent days, the products made by Edgewell Personal Care appear to be the best way to prepare for the day without virtue signaling. A neutral (3) company, Edgewell produces the Schick and Edge lines, along with Skintimate and other personal care brands for women. Isn’t it time to thank Edgewell for allowing a morning grooming routine without an agenda?

At the end of the day, personal care should not be an exercise in “entry-level politics,” as one commentator opined. Gillette’s unprovoked virtue signaling is at best an attempt to manufacture controversy to earn website clicks, or at worst a conscious decision to advance the left’s agenda on gender identity. Reasonable people do not excuse harassment, abuse, assault, and boorishness and reasonable people knew these behaviors were wrong before their personal care brand began lecturing.

Men and women deserve better than Gillette’s heavy-handed trope. And men and women have choices when it comes to where they buy their personal care products.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly if you want to ditch a woke company, you're going to have to go double edge or single edge traditional style razors and blades.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:00:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By oldmanofthewoods:
I have used the vibrating Gillette Mach3 Power Men's Razor for years now.    I am running out of replacement blades from my stockpile.      This has been my favorite razor, by far.   I have a few of the regular Mach 3  razors, and they are decent, but do not feel as comfortable.   Like many here, I HATE the company.    I want to replace this razor with something of equal or better performance.    I am open to continuing to use the vibrating handle with another supplier's blades.    I simply want the following:  1)  A shave that feels as good.   (I never expect they vibrating action to make a difference.  However, it is a night versus day difference to me.)    2)  I want my money to go to a company, person, organization that does not hate traditional men.    Personally, I would jack off to watching woke companies burn to ash with their executives and HR trapped inside, understanding they would do the same for my kind.    So, I want to do my part.  

I would like to stick to a similar system and process.  

What is the replacement?
View Quote

Easy.  Straight razor.  I went that route in 2018 and I've never looked back.  Amazingly smooth and clean shave.  No more razor burn, ingrown hairs, or little white heads on your neck.  The blade is too clean for that.  Takes some nerve and learned skill, but not nearly as hard to learn as you likely think.

I now have some 30 straights, some with elephant ivory handles ("scales") but my current favorites are all from about 1900 to the 1920's.  

Any one of my razors, with daily use, will last a few HUNDRED years.

Gillette fooled the world into thinking "you need a safety razor."  Great marketing, not so great product.

Shave like a real man-----save money like a miser.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:18:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Up&Up Triple Blade Replacement Cartridges (Fit Gillette Mach3)

made of chinesium, but not by Gillette. Sold by Wally mart.

There are others, I'm sure.

To the other responses, you did not answer the op's question. I could have just chimed in with "knapped flint and bear grease shave master race here" but he was looking for an answer, not a typical gd response.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#8]
If you mean that you still want to use the M3 vibrating handle I'd probably use the Personna Easy Fit 3 cartridges that someone mentioned already, they're USA made and from an established personal care company.

I'm surprised you liked the M3 Sensitive cartridges so much. I bought a couple packages several years ago out of the clearance bin, while you can use any M3 cart with any M3 handle these were meant to be paired with the vibrating handle, the white/green one. These were the dullest and least durable M3 carts I had ever used, and I think I still have some laying around.  But like others have already said, a good DE blows any cart razor out of the water.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top