Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:41:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh
View Quote
I'm going to have to go with this.

It was a lot of words but didn't really say anything.

Until they actually support what they actually said this forum was going to be, IN ACTIONS as well as words, this forum is going to go downhill.

"They see the importance, now more than ever, for having a free, unfiltered forum of pro-Constitutional voices and ideas to be heard. Put simply, they share in our vision for the future of AR15.com."

I think staff and mods need to go and read the definition of "unfiltered" and "pro Constitutional".
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What does this even mean other than you want others to share your misery?
View Quote
It has nothing to do with me wanting anyone to 'share my misery". I swear, I think some people read way too much stuff into my posts and see stuff that isn't there.

I'm saying that the site went along just fine for the ten years of the federal ban. People still managed to post about all sorts of gun stuff. They didn't pack up and flee en masse like was threatened in the post I responded to.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm the only one on here who has never wasted any site resources. I hope y'all can appreciate that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Why wouldn't you like Blazin Saddles?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Does this mean we are allowed to say “I will not comply” again?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL

So much hypocrisy.

I’m guessing this is a forced but not forced form of apology, that simply turned out to no apology at all.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Heh
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What's even funnier is there will always be some preachy religious thread on GD about how this country is failing because of a lack of morals/ethics/values/human compassion/empathy/Christian virtue. It will be some 5+ page thread railing about how evil this world has become with a bunch of hand wringing and virtue signaling.

Then 10 minutes later there is a thread about an elderly woman being rescued on a helicopter and falling to her death...and 90% of the comments are edgy jokes with zero human compassion. Exhibit A.

So much hypocrisy here.
View Quote
You ever consider that 2 very different subsets of members are involved?

We have a lot of members with very far ranging beliefs and attitudes.  As for the preachy religious threads.....nobody makes u click, but for sure they athiests will show up to shit on it.

You can call it hypocrisy when you see the religious members saying awful things about an old lady being killed, but I bet u won't see that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#9]
What a shit show
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does this mean we are allowed to say "I will not comply" again?
View Quote
Worse.

A staff person actually said "maybe".   So that means you are gambling with your account if you do.

Basically this site said they will enforce (on this site) any law.  Thus if you are in CA, CO, NY you have less posting freedom than someone in TX and OK.

But they have also said "They see the importance, now more than ever, for having a free, unfiltered forum of pro-Constitutional voices and ideas to be heard. Put simply, they share in our vision for the future of AR15.com."    Which is laughable in the current environment.

They still haven't conclusively answered my question about laws in other countries, like China, North Korea or Great Britain.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This thread is brought to you by our overlords at brownells.com
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File

Don't ban me bro
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#13]

It’s true
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Something something about letting power get to their heads.  It’s a type of mind set.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm not sure how to say this, but I remember a time (I'm 68) when we could have some pretty intense differences, even over alcahol, and a few minutes later everything was back to normal.

Now days everyone seems more fragile. Guys get all but hurt with their panties full of sand. The way we once could talk to each other just doesn't cut it anymore. It's sad, this place was pretty funny sometimes with guys going at each other... untill the next day.

I don't blame the mods so much as the times we're in. Everyone seems to be overly sensitive to the feels.

Trolls will be trolls, but not everyone that disagrees is a troll.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I was tarded once and wanted to be a mod.  Thank got OP became a mod because if I had made it, everyone would be mad a me. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
View Quote
Would we? You would change all the advertisements at the top of the site to be gifs of the girl in your avatar, each one a second apart from left to right.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#17]
All good there Miami....

Do enjoy your postings when it comes to the politics in Tally.

This place has been a drain on my resources - from making hard cider, buying smokers to the vanity PSA lowers....where else can I have this much fun?

Red
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I see one of our big problems being some folks looking to hit the report button.  As was mentioned in another thread, need a counter like ee for number of reports sent.  That will stop a lot of the thin skinned bs IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#20]
So, would I get spanked if I called out a certain member who shows up in every thread to scold someone about something? I pretty sure this member is angling for a mod position by constantly kissing mod and staff ass. Some might call him a Brownells Noser.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
@tc556guy

Here is what you seek.
View Quote
Thought it would be the high road.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
All those words yet Sylvan is still banned while the leftist assclown twins roam free.

That’s the thing about a martyr. All the words in the dictionary can’t be twisted enough to make it right.

First they came for the Sylvans, but I wasn’t one...
View Quote
BS is banned and I am pretty sure that TS can’t post in GD.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Hang in there.
View Quote
I appreciate your efforts, Miami.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#24]
In before Paul’s  What I Have Learned thread.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
What I have learned it that it is gonna get really weird in the Big Igloo.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Color me surprised, I had no idea you were a mod until I saw this thread. congrats.

Roy
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

BS is banned and I am pretty sure that TS can’t post in GD.
View Quote
I've been spending less time here and on the internet in general, but it does seem to me that the Share_blue Squad has been pretty quiet of late, which is nice.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Were you coerced to start this thread?

I think some mods are more gung-ho than others with regard to enforcement. I think GD needs consistency, which is hard with several people interpreting the rules, and harder the more you add.
I really hope you guys talk about how you handle stuff in the mod forum and get feedback from each other.
View Quote
I'm new to this tread but will continue to read.  I work with a group of engineers that think about and approach the job with jaw dropping differences.  I understand all people have past experiences that shape their views, so differences on what one sees as a "hot plate" for their own well being, will never go away, but I think it managements job to notice when one or more are not producing satisfactory results and have that person correct it or be dismissed/reassigned.  IMHO, being able to recognize "satisfactory results" by management is key.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I propose a solution.

As your level of membership increases, you will be allocated more site resources per day.

For instance, Bronze members get 10 resources, Silver get 100, and Gold members get 1000 site resources. Lifetime members get over 9000.

This will do two things,

1. Increase revenue.

2. Stop the bitching, b/c if anyone wants more resources they can Upgrayedd Their membership.

As to the CoC, "Don't be an asshole", "Don't post illegal shit", and "Don't post anything you wouldn't want your mom reading" covers 99% of it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#31]
So is GD like an unofficial diary for Mods and Staff? Or maybe it is an initiation ritual? Seems like there is a ‘woe is me’ long ass thread every other day. Like if it sucks so much... resign.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The CoC is pretty easy to understand and follow. Additionally, I think we all need to take a deep breath, Members Mods, Staff, etc.... take a deep breath. Arfcom is a hell of a community that has given me some great friends that I've had the pleasure of meeting in person at NRAAM, SHOT, Cola Warrior, the Retro Shoot, and just across daily life.

So let's all chill the fuck out. We all fuck up, we all get heated, we all get emotionally invested in shit, etc....
View Quote
"Yes" to most of what you wrote, and "hell yes" to this.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#33]
What I can’t stand is how these mods get these cushy high paying jobs with the site and they use it to trample our first amendment rights.  If y’all weren’t getting rich trampling free speech on this privately owned site you might understand what it would be like to be one of us regular members
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
LOL

So much hypocrisy.

I’m guessing this is a forced but not forced form of apology, that simply turned out to no apology at all.
View Quote
King troll, tallest midget of them all, enters the conversation
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It has nothing to do with me wanting anyone to 'share my misery". I swear, I think some people read way too much stuff into my posts and see stuff that isn't there.

I'm saying that the site went along just fine for the ten years of the federal ban. People still managed to post about all sorts of gun stuff. They didn't pack up and flee en masse like was threatened in the post I responded to.
View Quote
People in GD were also savage as fuck back then, ribbed each other, talked shit, made dirty and "poor taste" jokes, etc. and didn't get banned.

This area was created to contain the BSing and locker room antics. Everyone who has been around the "online gun community" for a significant amount of time knows that arfcom GD is the zoo. That's what made it so great.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Paranoia of Social Media and how it is being used? Dude, it's not paranoia, it's a proven fact. Some day everything we put out here will be used as evidence against us.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
People in GD were also savage as fuck back then, ribbed each other, talked shit, made dirty and "poor taste" jokes, etc. and didn't get banned.

This area was created to contain the BSing and locker room antics. Everyone who has been around the "online gun community" for a significant amount of time knows that arfcom GD is the zoo. That's what made it so great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem familiar.jpg
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#38]
1. The site doesn't need to be cleaned up. The chaos of GD is what makes it fun, if people don't like it, they can stay out.

2. System message needs to state who makes each action. Some mods post why they are doing something from their own account, but whoever is doing "waste of site resources" without leaving their name for posterity is improperly hiding their identity,  overly restrictive, and being lazy instead of hitting individual violators or picking a better COC violation.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Until they actually support what they actually said this forum was going to be, IN ACTIONS as well as words, this forum is going to go downhill.

"They see the importance, now more than ever, for having a free, unfiltered forum of pro-Constitutional voices and ideas to be heard. Put simply, they share in our vision for the future of AR15.com."

I think staff and mods need to go and read the definition of "unfiltered" and "pro Constitutional".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh

You’re making the assumption that that wasn’t just a line of bullshit from the get-go.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You seem familiar.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem familiar.jpg
Maybe, but is ain't wrong.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
What was your original name here
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You seem familiar.jpg
View Quote
I actually haven't had a profile here in a long time. I wasn't banned, either, believe it or not. I hung around here, GT, and THR years ago, but I gave up online forums to be safe for employment related OPSEC/PERSEC reasons at the time.

I still lurked here, though, and recently decided to make an account again.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:54:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Why can't MODS ask the member about what they said vs their interpretation based on a post? While some are clear, many can't string three words together so it may be better to get their side of the story before slinging the warning or worse.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Join date/post count
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#45]
You've learned something? I don't believe that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
FREE SgtAr15!
View Quote
If I understand it correctly, he didn't deliver some paid for projects.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#47]
To much moderation.  Its not near as fun/funny as it used to be.  To many bans.  Yes violence, incitement, and racism we should censor, but why personal attacks?  If its to much for me to take someone calling me a name... come on.  Its to easy baiting ppl into that crap.  If we just lightened up on that i think would make a difference.

Just my opinion but ppl are way to thin skinned.

......,,,,,,,,,  Put those periods and comas where yall want.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It what are your opinions on foreign governments having mod powers?
View Quote
Foreign foreign or America's hat/51st state foreign?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I actually haven't had a profile here in a long time. I wasn't banned, either, believe it or not. I hung around here, GT, and THR years ago, but I gave up online forums to be safe for employment related OPSEC/PERSEC reasons at the time.

I still lurked here, though, and recently decided to make an account again.
View Quote
So what you are saying is that you have two accounts, right?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#50]
it's my Ami! its my-my AMi. Its miami for meeeeee.

If a man's resources are spilt he is defiled for 7 days.

that's all I have to say about that.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top