Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno, but it's a bitch finding whale oil these days.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll start a premium gas delivery company 500 dollars for 10 gallons of premium dino liquid.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#3]
That's not happening anytime soon.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
asshole will export it to Chyyyyyyy-Nyaaa.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Many companies are genuinely concerned about stranded assets.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will be dead before they have enough juice to power all the EV's they want...there will also be 87 million dead battery packs they don't know how to get rid of.
View Quote

EVs will not dominate the US market.  Maximum 20% of sales here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Personally, I think it will be a shift that takes probably the better part of a century for EVs to supplant fossil fuel vehicles.

I'm 45 years old now, and I don't really expect I'll live long enough to see the end of gas stations, though I do think I'll see plenty of electrification.

Barring some major technological breakthroughs in electrical power storage that massively cuts the cost, the transition for everything that runs on fossil fuels to electric will take a very very long time.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Okay, I realize gas & diesel infrastructure encompasses a lot more than gas stations, but that's primarily what the question is about.

View Quote
In the world that you described, I think you would still be able to get gasoline easily enough.  You will probably pay more for it, but still available.

Next to nobody lights their home with oil lamps and lamp oil.  I can still buy lamp oil.  It's more expensive than it used to be, but I can.

If .gov ever does hard push EVs, I think that will be one of the tools they use.  A combination of pain in the ass restrictions and increasing expense to continue to use.  They will then apply time.  It's their general method of controlling anything without a direct ban.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Barring some revolutionary battery tech... it won't happen.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

EVs will not dominate the US market.  Maximum 20% of sales here.
View Quote

And furthermore, Tesla will be bankrupt and the factory sold for scrap any day now!!  There have been multiple threads on this for years now!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Until they force you, why would anyone buy one knowing the left wants you too? I wouldn't help them out.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I imagine they'll have a shortage of battery materials long before electric cars are a majority on the road.  

If for some reason battery powered cars don't hit the brick wall and I can't get gas and parts for my 2001 crv or 2005 tahoe I'll buy a battery pack to put in the back and rebuilt an old 2000s Tesla motor install that shit myself. By that time there will be plenty of aftermarket battery/motor kits with speed controllers ect.  Probably find some pretty cheap.

I'm not against switching.  I'm against buying a 60k new car every few years that tracks my movement that some asshole can shut off with wifi. When it become realistic to do my own work and refurb older cars with electric for cheap I'll do so.  Hopefully by then battery systems will be like 5k and last at least 200k miles.

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Everyone qoutes this line, but forgets "This is some real pretty shit now man!”

RIP Bill Paxton.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#14]
You think that petroleum is scarce?
Why do you think they call them Rare Earth minerals?
Also once people realize that EVs suck for anything other than a small group of people they will pass by the wayside.
They did a test on the new ford F-150 and towing a trailer brought it's range down to around 100 miles, or about how far you could go on four gallons of gas.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Why don't they harness the energy power of climate change? If they can't beat it use it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top