Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2021 2:26:55 PM EDT
I swear there was a thread here about a member that bought a crossfire Cnc plasma table? Can't find it now. I'd be curious to know how they ended up liking it.

I run a small machine shop and we have a new customer product in which I could utilize a smaller cnc plasma. Anybody have any recommendations? Something like a 4'x4' table would be nice, as I don't have the room for a fullsize table right now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Starlab, Westcott Plasma, ArcLight, LDR, Cyrious Plasma...

All good candidates.  They each have strengths and weaknesses, but you won't go "wrong" with any of them.  They will all leave you content with your purchase.

I've had a 6' x 12' Starlab since 2015.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Crossfire Pro.  It's pretty awesome.  I've done a bunch of work on it for other people, and a couple minor things of my own.   I've been using Fusion360 to design and export GCode.  The FireControl software is also pretty decent, and use it to generate GCode directly for straight cuts every once in awhile.  

Unfortunately my barn isn't heated so I had to drain it in December and haven't used it since.   Probably a couple more weeks of below freezing weather and then I can refill it and get back to work.  If I had to cut something before then I could just throw a piece of scrap under the slats.

My only complaints are a result of the plasma cutter I'm using, which is a Hobart Airforce i500 that I already had before I bought the table.  It's just not up to the task.  I'll be buying a Hypertherm45XP soon which will nip those cut quality issues.

EDIT:  Aaaaannnddd ordered the Hypertherm.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I’m gonna pick up the CrossfirePro. Do you have the THC?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I’m gonna pick up the CrossfirePro. Do you have the THC?
View Quote

Yes - wired it into the Hobart no problem.  I never ran it without it so I don’t have anything to compare it to but it works like a champ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top