Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/12/2019 10:26:10 AM EDT
Consider this a sounding board for stuff you'd like to see or are working on yourself. It can be simple projects you could do and just haven't yet or something more complex. It can be an inspiration when you're thinking of what you want to print or model next.

My ideas-

Revolver speedloader blocks.

Magazine blocks- so that you could easily block your standard cap mags down to ban state capacity. That could be easily removed when wanted and not in violation of any state or local law or ordinances. For reasons.

Suppressor disassembly tools. I made a simple spanner for my diversified machine titanium tube. It's handy and works. I'll try and find it to post up later. A fitted baffle "pusher" would also be a lot better when cleaning out a dirty can than my old standby of a dowel with a wadded up shop towel protecting the baffle I was whacking.

Glock base plate "magpulls". Should be easy. Make them of semiflex. With a force fit they could be a nice addition to printed magazines and allow them to drop to the ground without worries of damage. I had a PLA+ mag blow up one time when it hit the ground partly loaded (in reality the baseplate delaminated on impact and it blew the mag spring out. There is quite a bit of force on the baseplate)

Shell sifters for reloading, like these.

I've been planning on making some speedloader blocks for my 629s this week but have been procrastinating. Committing it to a post gives me some incentive to do so, at the risk of looking like a lazy slob if I don't. I plan to make them stackable so I can fit several of them, loaded, in a plastic ammo can.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Mag couplers Both side by side and ones that increase capacity. Think 2 30rd colt smg mags butt to butt.

10/22 receivers (has been done) but get wild with it.

Cz455 receivers

Mag lite insert “muzzle brake” essentially a baffle stack with mount that slides into the mag lite for a one time use suppressor.

Pen guns and other AOW designs.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#3]
First steps at printed mag baseplates. The magazines are deterrence dispense model menendez magazines.

Without modifying the Menendez mag baseplates I can't see any way to have a friction fit baseplate you can just slide on. While that would be ideal, there just isn't enough contact area to do that between the mag well and baseplate. So this one simply glues on.

I'll modify the Menendez baseplate later to make it more possible, but this serves the same purpose.

It will hopefully protect the magazine against drop based damage, which has caused mine to fail in the past.

It's 10% infill TPU and could probably be even less and serve its purpose. It is very flexible and should take a hit pretty well.

Link Posted: 11/12/2019 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to see Warfairy's Charon printed and in action.

Would also appreciate if someone would test a 3-D printed AR FCS.  Don't know how long it would hold up.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
FauxLUX braces
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been prototyping pistol magazine racks. I've got some pics in the "what did you print today" thread, but I've made some revisions based on experience.

I thought about making a Ruger charger chassis like MI offers, but for the non-take down model. It would have to be printed in sections though, and glued or screwed together. But that's for the future, when I get a better hang of Fusion. I've been making the racks on mastercam at work, but the chassis would be more complex and time consuming.

Pistol braces for other brands of guns was another thought.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Revolver speedloader blocks.
View Quote
I printed this so I could practice reloading.
Speed Loader (5 Round) .38 Special / .357 Magnum
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I printed a speed strip last night. It works pretty well. Not really all that sold on long term carry of it though. Rounds are held pretty securely, though.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3949204

For speedloader blocks I mean to make something like this:

Link Posted: 11/15/2019 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m still amazed nobody does Ruger Mark II/III/IV lowers. I was tempted to buy an extra lower but the cheapest 22/45 ones I’ve found are $200 which you can usually find while guns for.

Quoted:
We can't have tech discussions on building those in this forum.
View Quote
How come? Limited to the NFA forums?
Quoted:

I printed a speed strip last night. It works pretty well. Not really all that sold on long term carry of it though. Rounds are held pretty securely, though.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3949204

For speedloader blocks I mean to make something like this:

http://cdn3.volusion.com/qtvue.ytofq/v/vspfiles/photos/NF04406700-2T.jpg
View Quote
That’s nifty
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:  I’m still amazed nobody does Ruger Mark II/III/IV lowers. I was tempted to buy an extra lower but the cheapest 22/45 ones I’ve found are $200 which you can usually find while guns for.
View Quote
I have a stainless steel HB Mk 2 upper if you want to experiment w/ it, as long as you publish your work as you go.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a stainless steel HB Mk 2 upper if you want to experiment w/ it, as long as you publish your work as you go.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I’m still amazed nobody does Ruger Mark II/III/IV lowers. I was tempted to buy an extra lower but the cheapest 22/45 ones I’ve found are $200 which you can usually find while guns for.
Lowers are what I was talking about. I don’t have a printer but saw the thread in active topics and chimes in. I have a pile of the guns but an extra Tactical Solutions upper that needs a lower and probably end up with another one or two down the road.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks for the listing. Just printed one up to use with an old beat up Rossi snubby that is dedicated to snake duty with hand load shot shells. Had to drop the extrusion rate about 20% to get a properly dimensioned print & do a bit of honing with a slow stone in the rotary tool to get shells dropping through smoothly (done pre-assembly).

Link Posted: 11/17/2019 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#14]
First draft of a loading block for use with 29 / 629 speedloaders.

Had a bad layer shift that I'm going to attribute to gremlins. Belts are tight. Oh well, still worked for proof of concept to make sure I had enough spacing to fit multiple speedloaders on there at once and that there wasn't much wobble to the cases. That was really all I was checking. That's not stringing on the inside, it's the infill showing due to the shift.

Next revision will be to make it prettier, and scallop out that empty square area. I plan to print it in wood PLA and stain it. Ive never used wood PLA before. I'll post the finished one after I finish designing it and print it out tonight.

Filament used is Ziro Marble. It's a very pretty plastic and hides layer lines exceptionally well. That said it's extremely brittle and weak compared to most PLA. You can easily snap the filament with no bending beforehand. This print was only 5% infill as it was a test, but you can feel the plastic cracking just from a little pressure. It makes a good decorative filament but should not be used for anything that would take a hit or need to bear a strain.

Picture of the side so you can see how clean layer lines appear with this filament.

Link Posted: 11/17/2019 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Somebody needs to fix the floor plate angle on that glock mag. It bothers the shit out of me every time a pic is posted.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Thought of something else. Ammo Can organizers. Sure, you can buy the premade stuff, but sometimes you just might want something totally custom. Probably have to do 2 pieces for trays to fit in the average printer, but it's a thought.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 7:29:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I wonder if a guy could print mags for a Savage Axis? The originals are mostly plastic already.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I vote various magazines.

After watching the forgotten weapons channel for quite a bit,aside from pressure bearing componets(which as i understand it isn't a "3d printable" item), the hardest parts to fabricate are reliable magazines, feed angles are hard to get right, as well as depth of seating. 3d printing them would allow broader "post SHTF" printing as needed.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Are Ruger PC9 magwells something that would be doable?
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:  Are Ruger PC9 magwells something that would be doable?
View Quote
Yes.  Also, AR mag blocks, possibly Kel-Tec SUB-2000 Gen 2 grips.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A 3D printable version/equivalent of the Redi-Mag would be nice.
View Quote
That’s would be really cool.

Also a 3D printed adapter for Keltec CP33 mags to be used in other 22 rifles. (Space permitting. Maybe a 10/22 or AR22 conversion.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 11:42:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wow I forgot about those...that would be awesome!
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Print a lower w/ that integrated?
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 5:04:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Is it permissible to ask for a thing? I need a couple of things made in ABS that I'm not good enough to do.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We are not allowed to have printing requests over the forum. It is considered buying/selling outside of EE.
View Quote
I know you didnt make that rule so not directed at you, but what a crock of shit
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Just post up in the WTB, I need XYZ printed.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#30]
ENVIS adapter.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I have an Envis and a creality Ender 3 waiting for me at home.  Would love a file for an adapter
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 5:12:14 AM EDT
[#32]
My big idea is a "body kit" that would fit over a Can Cannon to make it looks like a Carl G or other shoulder-fired launcher.

Here's my list of small things so far.  I know some of this is available, I was just making a to-do list that may need to be customized for my exact uses.

Moon clips

Demooner

moon clip loader

Lee Enfield clips

K31 clips

10 round 308 clips

colored clips for 223/300

narwhal bayonet

Scope covers

Scope adjustment lever
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I will give the heads up of the response I got when I inquired about that:

It may be looked at as the person doing the printing as selling w/o being a paid "dealer" on ARFCOM, as printing on demand for $$ would be 'regular inventory'.

I guess to say that anybody that gets involved should clear it through EE mods/staff if you want to keep it official.

The only work-around I am aware of, and I AM NOT 100% ON THIS SO DON'T BLAME ME IF THIS IS NOT OK, is a "pass-it-forward" where ZERO money changes hands. Basically somebody volunteers to print AND ship with ZERO payment in return. If there is a big demand for this type of thread, I can make a specific request for staff approval.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just post up in the WTB, I need XYZ printed.
I will give the heads up of the response I got when I inquired about that:

It may be looked at as the person doing the printing as selling w/o being a paid "dealer" on ARFCOM, as printing on demand for $$ would be 'regular inventory'.

I guess to say that anybody that gets involved should clear it through EE mods/staff if you want to keep it official.

The only work-around I am aware of, and I AM NOT 100% ON THIS SO DON'T BLAME ME IF THIS IS NOT OK, is a "pass-it-forward" where ZERO money changes hands. Basically somebody volunteers to print AND ship with ZERO payment in return. If there is a big demand for this type of thread, I can make a specific request for staff approval.
I'd be in for something like that. I'm already involved in a couple of pay it forward threads and have passed on a number of parts.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:25:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Had this idea today.

A 3D printed insert for a closed wrench that would allow it to be converted over to 3Lug.

Just pop it in and tighten it down.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone have a 3d file of the FN FNS-9/40 frame?

Cdnn has frame parts kit and 40 top end, slide, barrel all cheap. I would like to build a FNS40 on a 3d printed frame.

Lower parts kit

It would be good to make alternative to now overpriced glock parts that the poly80 receivers created.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

i will bring this up with other staff and see what we can do.
View Quote
Please do.
Somebody offering to help somebody else out with some goofy gizmo, even if it involves covering shipping, or even some gratis beer money, is pretty much what a community is all about.

Onesy twosy things like "Hey, Id kinda like to see how 1 of these would work" should be fine to leave alone. Well, not even just fine, but good for the community to allow.

"Hey, I need 50 of these done up", or "I have 50 of these for sale" is another story.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#43]
AK drop in auto sear
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@The_Beer_Slayer

Obviously let me know if we can do something other than the tacked 'print request' thread.
View Quote
I think just let the minor ones go if it is on topic with the thread and not too much of a hijack. I (and prob most people) dont look at the stickies more than once.
Actually, scratch the hijack part, some of those are my favorite threads
This one kills me lol Amazon Fk Torso
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Still not a fan of tacked threads.
My guess is not enough people monitor them and they will become stagnant.
Will also provide an easy place for somebody to cherry pick and do the things that are the reason we have the rules we do.

Allowing them spread out in the open will give more exposure, and better chance somebody local might be able to help.
For what little we do in here, I just dont think its a big enough deal to even worry about.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks for taking an active hand. It's appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 6:46:55 AM EDT
[#49]
FFS, Ill send a letter to the atf to get some clarification lol.

I think we would be fine here with a free for all, no need for the damn thought police. What say ye?
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Please do.
Somebody offering to help somebody else out with some goofy gizmo, even if it involves covering shipping, or even some gratis beer money, is pretty much what a community is all about.

Onesy twosy things like "Hey, Id kinda like to see how 1 of these would work" should be fine to leave alone. Well, not even just fine, but good for the community to allow.

"Hey, I need 50 of these done up", or "I have 50 of these for sale" is another story.
View Quote
I'm with you on this.  $3-5 in filament, $8-20 for a flat rate box and tying up somebody's printer for several hours should be worth something.  That's assuming the person making the request has a good model to work from. Kicking in an extra $10 or $20 as a thank you should be encouraged to keep people willing to help out as that's hardly a sound business plan.

I'm sure there are lots of gifted engineers, draftsman, or just hobbiests sitting on a project they want done, but are not interested in getting into printing themselves.  Hell, if I could get someone to show up to wire and heat my garage, I wouldn't own a printer either.  I'd be out machining.

Some projects will most likely become a team effort at some point. One guy with an idea, one that draws it up, and one that has a printer.  Everybody contributes some time and a couple bucks, and shit gets done. Shit that otherwise wouldn't due to lack of skills or funds for a guy to go at it alone. As oetkbyetdia said, that's what a community is about.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top