BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 99
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bounce19712:
Can I get handjobs from women I don't even know in a K5?
View Quote

probably

but its a 50/50 chance they will have a pickle suprise.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 11:47:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RX-78-2] [#2]
I swear since I’ve subbed to this thread I’ve started paying more attention to KIA drivers, and man, they are the worst drivers out there, even worse than the BMW ones.

Is it just here or they are that bad in the US as well?
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RX-78-2:
I swear since I’ve subbed to this thread I’ve started paying more attention to KIA drivers, and man, they are the worst drivers out there, even worse than the BMW ones.

Is it just here or they are that bad in the US as well?
View Quote

You haven't seen bad drivers, until you've actually been to South Korea. NY and I95 drivers have nothing on them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#4]
@littlepony

My wife found 2 Kia Sportage's that we are going to look at.  One is a 2017 GDI with turbo, panoramic moon roof, and has 23K miles.  The other is a 2018 has 13K miles on it and is a standard LX.

I had a Pontiac Sunbird with a turbo that nothing but problems, so I have avoided them for the past 25 years.  Do the turbo's in the Sportage's have many problems? How about the non turbo.  Want something that is going to be reliable.

Thanks for your input.  Because of you I also have a 2019 Sorento that I got about a year ago.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SPARKY4:
@littlepony

My wife found 2 Kia Sportage's that we are going to look at.  One is a 2017 GDI with turbo, panoramic moon roof, and has 23K miles.  The other is a 2018 has 13K miles on it and is a standard LX.

I had a Pontiac Sunbird with a turbo that nothing but problems, so I have avoided them for the past 25 years.  Do the turbo's in the Sportage's have many problems? How about the non turbo.  Want something that is going to be reliable.

Thanks for your input.  Because of you I also have a 2019 Sorento that I got about a year ago.
View Quote

turbos are fine nowadays, they are even base engines for some brand now, both the NA and turbo of that model have a indefinite warranty on its internals so they are good to go.

@SPARKY4
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Another great day in Kia land
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Tempted to get the new Sorento or the new Hyndai Santa Fe...

Santa Fe is only out in a few months.  Sorento looks great but the Santa Fe apparently has a nicer interior

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FiftyCalibre:
Tempted to get the new Sorento or the new Hyndai Santa Fe...

Santa Fe is only out in a few months.  Sorento looks great but the Santa Fe apparently has a nicer interior

View Quote

"supposedly" has a nicer interior
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#9]
It would be interesting if Hyundai/KIA made a truck to compete against Hilux and Ranger outside the US market.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RX-78-2:
It would be interesting if Hyundai/KIA made a truck to compete against Hilux and Ranger outside the US market.
View Quote

maybe someday but for now we just have box trucks
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Me again

2013 optima ex

P0455

Already replaced gas cap

I also get a random miss fire on cylinder #3
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I probably missed this conversation, but...

How do Kia AWD systems stack up against their competitors?  I'm seriously considering a Subaru Outback, but I'm look at alternatives as well.  I'll use it as a DD as well as for camping trips, so there will be shitty roads and light offroading, but not serious trail busting.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#13]
@littlepony

Wife and I are looking for a new family hauler. Test drove a 2020 Sorento S AWD with the V6 engine. Nice car for 27k. Also drove the Sedona and we really liked it.

Any issues to look out for with the above models?

Wife wants to check out Hyundai this weekend
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CousinIT50:
Me again

2013 optima ex

P0455

Already replaced gas cap

View Quote

Could possibly be a canister close valve, but with emissions stuff it can be all sorts of things so I'd take it to a shop to get a smoke test done

@CousinIT50

For the miss fire if it's over 100k and has the original spark plugs I would do those first
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Deadtired:
I probably missed this conversation, but...

How do Kia AWD systems stack up against their competitors?  I'm seriously considering a Subaru Outback, but I'm look at alternatives as well.  I'll use it as a DD as well as for camping trips, so there will be shitty roads and light offroading, but not serious trail busting.
View Quote

They hold up pretty good, especially the PTUs, they're not active all the time like Subaru's though but a fair portion of our all wheel drive cars have 4 wheel lock too so that's handy.

@Deadtired
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By babarsac:
@littlepony

Wife and I are looking for a new family hauler. Test drove a 2020 Sorento S AWD with the V6 engine. Nice car for 27k. Also drove the Sedona and we really liked it.

Any issues to look out for with the above models?

Wife wants to check out Hyundai this weekend
View Quote

The 19 to 20 refresh pretty much resolved any potential issues you could have compared to a 16 to 18.

And v6 or bust, it's the best engine for the platform, ignore the 4-cylinder, even the turbo, it is worth the cost for the v6, trust me.

@babarsac
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:29:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djkest] [#17]
I heard a rumor that the 2.5T is going to make it's way to the Sorento and Telluride, mated to the 8AT.  @littlepony do you know anything about that?
Should improve MPG slightly on the Telluride, at the expense of some turbo lag around town.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:37:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittlePony] [#18]
Originally Posted By djkest:
I heard a rumor that the 2.5T is going to make it's way to the Sorento and Telluride, mated to the 8AT.  @littlepony do you know anything about that?
View Quote

Possibly the Sorrento yes but I've heard nothing on the Telluride.

It would make it a good base engine for the Telluride to bring the price down even a little bit more in a base model to undercut the competition more than it already has.

If they do that to the Telluride then not even the Japanese will be able to compete with it price wise, actually no one in the industry would be able to, it's already the value King of the segment, if they did that it would then be the value emperor.

@djkest
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By LittlePony:

Possibly the Sorrento yes but I've heard nothing on the Telluride.

It would make it a good base engine for the Telluride to bring the price down even a little bit more in a base model to undercut the competition more than it already has.

If they do that to the Telluride then not even the Japanese will be able to compete with it price wise, actually no one in the industry would be able to, it's already the value King of the segment, if they did that it would then be the value emperor.

@djkest
View Quote

Interesting thing too, it might end up 100 lbs lighter as we've seen with other vehicles that swap into smaller turbo engines.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#20]
LittlePony, The TPMS light is on in my wife's 2019 Sportage. I added air to one tire that was about 3 pounds low, it seems to be holding pressure fine. My question is how do you reset the tire pressure warning light? I have seen some online references to a TPMS reset switch, but I do not know where it is located. TIA for any help.

@Littlepony
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:41:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittlePony] [#21]
Originally Posted By Slufstuff:
LittlePony, The TPMS light is on in my wife's 2019 Sportage. I added air to one tire that was about 3 pounds low, it seems to be holding pressure fine. My question is how do you reset the tire pressure warning light? I have seen some online references to a TPMS reset switch, but I do not know where it is located. TIA for any help.

@Littlepony
View Quote

It resets automatically on Hyundai group vehicles, might have to drive it a little while before it resets

So most likely one of the other tires is still low.

It also works on the law of averages so if you have three tires at 30 and one tire at 35 it could still turn on the light
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#22]
The SO and I have a 2019 serento, just had the 3rd oil change done and tire rotation. Its my SO's daily driver for work.  We have absolutely nothing to complain about. Its been perfect.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By M1GKong:
The SO and I have a 2019 serento, just had the 3rd oil change done and tire rotation. Its my SO's daily driver for work.  We have absolutely nothing to complain about. Its been perfect.
View Quote

Nice to hear
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 3:32:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djkest] [#24]
My wife is already talking about our next KIA, but we really like our 2018 Sorento.

I just saw the new 2021 Sorento, and it looks awesome. 3 powertrains available - 2.5L, 2.5T, and the hybrid which uses the 1.6T + 44KW motor (60 HP).

I feel like the Hybrid will be a little underpowered, but the 2.5T should be very nice, depending on how they tune it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#25]
The wife got a 2020 Elantra SEL last year, nice little car. She uses as a dd even does ok in shitty weather. Anyway not a kia but I was wondering if you have the correct part# for the oil filter? I am getting different numbers when searching online.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By chewdawg07:
The wife got a 2020 Elantra SEL last year, nice little car. She uses as a dd even does ok in shitty weather. Anyway not a kia but I was wondering if you have the correct part# for the oil filter? I am getting different numbers when searching online.
View Quote

Which engine?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By djkest:

Which engine?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Do you see any trouble with trailer wiring harnesses like these? It's the no cut/splice type that plug into the brake light plug.

A coworker has one on a sportage with no issues so far, this would be for a soul. Yes I know towing anything with a 1.6 soul is a bad idea, but this would be a very light duty infrequent thing.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:43:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By chewdawg07:

View Quote

Last year of the old generation?

Then most likely you need this, most Hyundais and Kias that take a screw on oil filter take the same one nowadays unless you get to the older stuff

@chewdawg07
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Szilagyi-hpg:
Do you see any trouble with trailer wiring harnesses like these? It's the no cut/splice type that plug into the brake light plug.

A coworker has one on a sportage with no issues so far, this would be for a soul. Yes I know towing anything with a 1.6 soul is a bad idea, but this would be a very light duty infrequent thing.

Thanks
View Quote

I've had a few problems with those before but compared to a lot of other aftermarket harnesses and such those are better than most

@Szilagyi-hpg
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#31]

It resets automatically on Hyundai group vehicles, might have to drive it a little while before it resets

It also works on the law of averages so if you have three tires at 30 and one tire at 35 it could still turn on the light
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Slufstuff:

@Littlepony

Thanks LittlePony. It did finally cut off on its own, but it seemed to take a while, probably 35-40 minutes of driving time. It seems fine now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#32]
My a/c fan quit on the way to work today.

Is this a fuse fix or something the dealer needs to look at? 2012 Optima EX GDI 75k miles. It still has cold air coming from the vents, just have to put it on outside air and drive fast to get it to come through the vents.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Do you know the kiastore.com girl? She's smokin.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 96Ag:

Is this a fuse fix or something the dealer needs to look at? 2012 Optima EX GDI 75k miles. It still has cold air coming from the vents, just have to put it on outside air and drive fast to get it to come through the vents.
View Quote

Doesn't work on the max fan speed in manual mode?

If so then the blower resistor is toast if not then it will need more diag at a dealer

@96Ag
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By sp1shooter:
Do you know the kiastore.com girl? She's smokin.
View Quote

Nope, no desire to either
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#36]

If so then the blower resistor is toast if not then it will need more diag at a dealer

@96Ag
View All Quotes

@96Ag
@LittlePony

No, it did not work even at max speed, but plot twist, I parked at work and when I left it was working again. Any ideas?

Thank you for your help. I need to take it in anyway for the recall but this one is a head scratcher.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#37]
@LittlePony

No, it did not work even at max speed, but plot twist, I parked at work and when I left it was working again. Any ideas?

Thank you for your help. I need to take it in anyway for the recall but this one is a head scratcher.
View Quote

Brushes in the blower motor could be going out

If It stops working again turn it to max and smack the bottom of the glove box hard.

If It suddenly works after smacking it then you need a motor

@96Ag
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#38]

If It stops working again turn it to max and smack the bottom of the glove box hard.

@96Ag
View All Quotes
@LittlePony

@96Ag
@LittlePony

Thank you, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#39]
LP, you and this site cost me money!

Totaled my DD and needed another ride. Test drove a couple of other brands, but based on your input and good reports from others here,
I ended up with a 2017 Sportage SX. Happy with it so far, still getting used to all the fancy technology.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By GLCM_Guy:
LP, you and this site cost me money!

Totaled my DD and needed another ride. Test drove a couple of other brands, but based on your input and good reports from others here,
I ended up with a 2017 Sportage SX. Happy with it so far, still getting used to all the fancy technology.
View Quote

Injoy

If you have ANY issues just contact me.

@GLCM_Guy
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#41]

Could possibly be a canister close valve, but with emissions stuff it can be all sorts of things so I'd take it to a shop to get a smoke test done

@CousinIT50

For the miss fire if it's over 100k and has the original spark plugs I would do those first
View All Quotes
Me again

2013 optima ex

P0455

Already replaced gas cap

@CousinIT50

I guess at 150+k everything starts to break.

Now my dual climate control is acting odd.

I've been driving and noticed it get warmer and checked my vents and they were cool.  The passenger side was blowing warmer air.

Still hunting the p0455 issue.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#42]

I guess at 150+k everything starts to break.

Now my dual climate control is acting odd.

I've been driving and noticed it get warmer and checked my vents and they were cool.  The passenger side was blowing warmer air.

Still hunting the p0455 issue.
View Quote

If it's dual climate control perhaps the passenger side mode or temperature control motor are acting up.

And yeah at 150 K it's not unexpected to start to have interior component issues for a value brand such as us, hell even a Lexus would probably even start to have issues with interior components at that age and mileage, as a young co-worker says "shit gets old yo"

@CousinIT50
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:27:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Klee] [#43]
I was at a Kia dealership for a few weeks, Kia sure replaces ALOT of engines under service actions.

But they sure have a cool way to check rod bearing clearance's without engine disassembly.

I had to unload one or two engines a day with one of these abortions.

Damn I knew that manual forklift was a heavy bitch, I just went to the website to check its specs, it weighs 600 lbs.

Every day was leg and arm day.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Klee:
I was at a Kia dealership for a few weeks, Kia sure replaces ALOT of engines under service actions.

But they sure have a cool way to check rod bearing clearance's without engine disassembly.

I had to unload one or two engines a day with one of these abortions.

https://i.imgur.com/79NMxWL.png

Damn I knew that manual forklift was a heavy bitch, I just went to the website to check its specs, it weighs 600 lbs.

Every day was leg and arm day.
View Quote

Yeah those are the Theta II engines, basically what happens when you push a design Beyond its limits and build 2 million of them?

Yeah eventually you basically have to replace every single one.

At least they sure know better now, Kia is mighty pissed about it that's for sure as it is not their fault
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#45]
new training modules came out for all the new kia stuff

some of the stuff is near crazy sophisticated, especially with the engine cooling systems
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#46]
As of right now or at least a few weeks ago, the Kia Sportage has now dethroned the Optima as the brands Market Focus/Primary model.

This means that the entire Brands sales strategy for North America it's going to be developed around the Sportage.

I imagined Hyundai is probably doing something similar with the Tucson

This comes as no surprise as for the past six months or so the Sportage just now out sold the Optima due to shifting this focus and having quite a few incentives.

I can't imagine where the only Auto Group that is doing such a thing.

This just goes to show, the day of the sedan is Now setting, cuvs are now on the rise taking its place.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:47:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doc_Zox] [#47]
https://www.autoblog.com/amp/2020/10/28/kia-military-trucks-off-road/

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#48]

i knew they were gonna have a few new 6x6s but did not know about that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:37:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc_Zox] [#49]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:50:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LittlePony] [#50]

2021 is going to be interesting
Page / 99
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top