Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2024 6:35:41 PM EDT
@kitties-with-sigs
@imperfectlyperfect3

I think those are right

My oldest is in need of an eagle scout project and what would be more perfect than helping out here since we have two SFDR doggos in our home

What are you in most need of?  Outside kennels, dog lots, etc….

There is some leeway here but essentially if the stars align, we are only 20-30 minutes south and can fundraise, get a crew on site and can build anything that you most need to help out without expense on SFDR part.

Also, if uncomfortable with it we can look elsewhere but this came to mind for both me and my kid.

Looking to do this sometime later this year

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Great Eagle project! My son finished his last month (dog washing stations for an animal rescue). We he gets an approved project have him get a go fund me going: I’m sure a lot of us here would love to help him help Joker’s
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Surprised no replies yet so….bump
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys come up with a plan. Many of us would love to help fund this Eagle Project. I’ve sat on quite a few Eagle boards and my wife is an Eagle advancement chair. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about the process
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 7:47:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#6]
@imperfectlyperfect3

Ill reach out this weekend and we can start planning. Was hoping to mingle the eagle project with something that really matters to us
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spuddicus:
@imperfectlyperfect3

Ill reach out this weekend and we can start planning. Was hoping to mingle the eagle project with something that really matters to us
View Quote

That’s what my son did. We are diehard dog people and he really wanted to help animals. It’s a lasting project that is really helping the recipient and also something he can be proud of. Some of the youth look at the project as solely a “requirement”: They are missing the point by not finding something they are passionate about and doing something harder. Tell your son to go big! That means a lot more work but it’s well worth it. When he comes up with a project and a materials list it’s worth the time to solicit donations from the local lumber yards. We were provided free of charge most of the lumber and hardware by a local place and they were happy to play a part. I’ve heard Lowe's and Home Depot will often donate or substantially discount materials for Eagle projects as well.

YIS

Curmudgeon
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#9]
If Spud has an active Troop I think you’ll be surprised how many people will step up. We had about 10 volunteers doing prep work for my son’s project and about 30 on the day of the install. Project that benefit animals are popular.

And knowing the community here, I’m fairly sure the fund raising could be done in a few days solely on this website
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#10]
-Attachment Attached File

He did three of these. Set in concrete with seepage pits. They get a lot of use as the shelter has dozens of dogs needed baths
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top