Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#1]
left jersey after college for a dream job in ca, 20 years later now looking to move to idaho to be closer to my wifes family

as a rule id expect californians on this forum to be the kind of people youd want in your state. just stay out of the fucking left lane!
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Collin Co here also. I was in Austin in '96 after the city signed deals with AMD/Motorola, etc. Before people would wave at each other driving down the street. 6th street was fun. Then, for 6 months, nothing but CA license plates. All of a sudden there were fist fights on the side of the highway, 6th street started having gang fights and shootings.

Until 1996 everyone celebrated their differences. after 1997, Californians brought hatred, animosity and horrible people I don't want in my state.

Just make sure they are refugees, not missionaries.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
California girls give great blowjobs in my experience.
View Quote

Those weren't girls.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Dun fukn rurnt it.

H
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Over the past one to ten years or so the four I know directly and personally have been-
CA turned into an expensive to live, high tax, worsening crime, worsening services shit hole, so they - in a type of position where they can work from home-
Moved to a semi rural area with massive savings in real estate, picked an affluent area with great schools and low crime stats-

And immediately become a thorn in the side regarding the lack of diversity, poor/slow internet options, smell of fertilizer on fields, occasional sound of gunfire, hunting, how far shopping is, lack of nearby high end dining, shopping, etc. and incessantly whine about Hillary’s loss, Trump, how Trump messed everything up so bad Biden/Kamala can’t fix things, how much longer Amazon/shipping takes,  etc.

And know more about medicine than MDs, gardening than farmers, horses than equestrians, the military than people with decades in the military, and pretty much everything.
View Quote

That’s funny because I moved from CA to GA and had to go to war with my neighborhood to prevent the establishment of an HOA. All these SWGA pricks want to control everyone and tell you what kind of fucking fence you can and can’t have. Told them I just escaped a fascist state and don’t want or need any more of that BS. Then my neighbor and county commissioner proposes a county ordinance to prevent people from storing RVs, boats, and commercial vehicles on their property. GFY, it’s my goddamn property.

I swear, people like to talk shit on CA but fail to address their own local Karen, HOA Nazi, big gov assholes who want to tell everyone what they can and can’t do.

Oh, and my southern grown pussy ass neighbor doesn’t like me shooting .22 on my property. But hey, us God fearing, constitution supporting, red blooded Americans from CA should be stopped at the border because the tribalistic, mental midgets don’t like people who didn’t grow up in their holler.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You have a problem with a bunker and a gate?   That shit is awesome.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Going thru this right now. A family moved up from Commiefornia and said how they hated that fucked up state and were so happy to have moved.

I welcomed him and his family to the woods and asked him to not bring the california bullshit to Montana and then shit started to get weird and putting off a strange vibe. My ole lady warned me to be careful.

Next thing I know he has multiple (over 20) concrete trucks coming to his place and I find out he has built a panic room for his paranoid wife. (we live in the mountains)

Now he has a black iron electric fence across the road to his driveway. (think Brentwood style fence)

Fuck California, fuck anyone from California because they will bring that cancer wherever they go.

You have a problem with a bunker and a gate?   That shit is awesome.
No shit. I don't care who you are, you build a bunker we're gonna be friends. Its hard to find bunker minded people.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That’s funny because I moved from CA to GA and had to go to war with my neighborhood to prevent the establishment of an HOA. All these SWGA pricks want to control everyone and tell you what kind of fucking fence you can and can’t have. Told them I just escaped a fascist state and don’t want or need any more of that BS. Then my neighbor and county commissioner proposes a county ordinance to prevent people from storing RVs, boats, and commercial vehicles on their property. GFY, it’s my goddamn property.

I swear, people like to talk shit on CA but fail to address their own local Karen, HOA Nazi, big gov assholes who want to tell everyone what they can and can’t do.

Oh, and my southern grown pussy ass neighbor doesn’t like me shooting .22 on my property. But hey, us God fearing, constitution supporting, red blooded Americans from CA should be stopped at the border because the tribalistic, mental midgets don’t like people who didn’t grow up in their holler.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over the past one to ten years or so the four I know directly and personally have been-
CA turned into an expensive to live, high tax, worsening crime, worsening services shit hole, so they - in a type of position where they can work from home-
Moved to a semi rural area with massive savings in real estate, picked an affluent area with great schools and low crime stats-

And immediately become a thorn in the side regarding the lack of diversity, poor/slow internet options, smell of fertilizer on fields, occasional sound of gunfire, hunting, how far shopping is, lack of nearby high end dining, shopping, etc. and incessantly whine about Hillary’s loss, Trump, how Trump messed everything up so bad Biden/Kamala can’t fix things, how much longer Amazon/shipping takes,  etc.

And know more about medicine than MDs, gardening than farmers, horses than equestrians, the military than people with decades in the military, and pretty much everything.

Which is cool but does not erase those four from existence.

Just as a cool guy that left NYC to move to FL does not negate the people that moved to FL from NYC that are assholes.

It’s the trends not the exceptions.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:08:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't like it.

But, it's a free country even for commies.

I respect freedom for all, just don't get on the town board.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:06:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Even with all of the out of state people moving into Utah, we got rid of our lone Democratic Congressman in favor of a Republican in the last election.
View Quote
To be fair, you also elected Mitt Romney.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:14:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Or the first serious hurricane, ESPECIALLY if the bug control is not able to work for ... say, ~7 days or more, and they find out what swarms of mosquitoes are REALLY like.
View Quote
You have no idea how many mosquitoes are in the central valley of Kalifornia. I remember at high school football practice, we would put our helmets on and they you would close your eyes white your buddy sprayed your face that was visible with OFF to keep the mosquitoes from hitting the shit out of you. The. Half way through practice the sweat would wash that shit into your eyes and it burned like a mother fucker.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:15:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In-N-Outs are everywhere now.  That might be the worst thing.
View Quote
Whataburger is trash.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:30:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Some moved nearby fairly recently.

I must say, I’m impressed. First time we met, he talked about his belief in the Constitution, and had since talked guns a little. Stand-up people in general besides politics, too.

People like that, I welcome with open arms, no matter what state they come from. I would hope some like-minded folk would treat me the same, if I ever escape to a free state.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:45:09 AM EDT
[#13]
They have no respect for anyone of the roads and bring their no signaling, always cutting off, never fully stopping to wait at stop signs, red light running ass, cutting corners into the opposing lanes, going into the medians because they're driving faster than the roads were designed for and are completely oblivious that them needing to go into the medians on curves is so that they can maintain more control while giving zero fucks for the drivers nearly being run off on the opposite lane, and don't yield for anyone in the traffic circlers that already have right of way.

Love how they say that they're running from what's happening in their shit state, but still continue to vote for the same things that got them there to begin with.

But other than that, I guess they're okay. Meanwhile they park like shit and expect for people to be okay with it.

I'm not a fan at all you could say. Also didn't read the rest of the thread, no care for the butthurt of denial.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:07:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I wonder if there's more Californians that moved to Oregon than there are native Oregonians? Is that an exaggeration?

Someone get the mathemagicians on this.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:10:56 AM EDT
[#15]
None. All we get down here are Yankees that talk like they have a mouth full of dick and a brain full of damage.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#16]
you should be more concerned with the liberal shitheads coming out of the colleges in your state.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So do you hate the people that came from Cuba to escape Fidel Castro and turned Florida more conservative ??

Or the Vietnamese and Laotians that escaped from Communism and vote solidly conservative ??

Where you born to an Indian tribe in Idaho ??

So where did your family come from ??

And regarding the home-grown democrat voters.....can't blame Californians for the cancer that currently exists in the schools, the school boards, and the colleges/universities.

That is something that came from those that have been in Idaho for decades. They were complacent, and let it happen on their watch.
View Quote

You try way too hard dude.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

be careful.  you're one letter away from RedAnus
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if username rgaper means Rectum Gaper, it adds up...

be careful.  you're one letter away from RedAnus

In my defense, I didn't leave my wife to shack up with a dude, though...
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I've known personally one, they moved to NOLA to attend Law School. He is more conservative than I am.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#20]
A California couple just moved here and joined our church.  They're honest, hardworking, God-loving people, who hate Cali politics, are outspoken in their criticism of Covid response, and asked me to teach them about guns and hunting, and agreed that their first one should be an AR15 to defend their home or their Constitution.  I'm not mad about it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
you should be more concerned with the liberal shitheads coming out of the colleges in your state.
View Quote

To be honest in some of the less populated states the faculty and staff that show up and become residents,
And the damn non resident students voting where they are going to college have drastically affected local.state politics.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:11:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Whataburger is trash.
View Quote

I have friends in Texas and California. The Texans are just jealous cause whataburger is straight trash, and they know it. But as good as In-N-Out is, it’s still not tempting enough to get me to visit. Mask Nazis and hobos everywhere.

Quoted:

You try way too hard dude.
View Quote

Dude, you sound like you are trying way harder. Just saying. We get you are pissed about what’s going on in this country… as am I! But taking such an intellectually lazy argument as ‘it’s all Californian’s fault’ does a disservice to us all. I know it’s easy and you don’t have to use brain cells, but our freedoms are being attacked from every direction. We can’t afford to do this shit.

I’m not too much of an expert on Nevada today, but it seems it has had issues for a while now. And it seems that union democrats have done the real damage.  They vote however their union tells them to, and unions vote blue. (Side note. It was interesting to see that union guy actually question Biden on gun grabbing and get run out by all his fellow factory workers for daring to do so. You MUST not question the union!) I haven’t seen too many Birkenstock wearing hippie Californians who are blue collar Dems.

Harry Reid was your senator from 1986 to recently. He was your 1st District’s rep before that. You know… the guy who probably did more damage to this entire country than anyone realizes. We are still dealing with the guy your state sent to the senate today. Even from the grave we are hearing how Harry paved the way to end the filibuster. Did Californians start their exodus around then? If so, California was still a red state, so how’d they ruin that?

Nevada went for Clinton both times, Barack both times, and Hillary in 2016. The only time they deviated from California in elections was for Bush jr. both times. Barf.

My state also has issues. I don’t blame Californians for them. I’m more worried about the kids from families around me coming home from college yelling shit about communism, inequality, men can be women, and how guns are an epidemic of violence and a scar on our nation. I’m more concerned about RINO snakes in the grass that aren’t ever questioned or challenged because they have that R after their name.

I’m just saying to fix this shit we need to start in our own backyards, be aware (and admit to ourselves) of what’s going on, and never trust a politician of any kind. Even home grown. No more easy excuses.

Half a bottle of Bookers is making me ramble. Sorry. I’m lit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:24:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Lol… you forgot to build the wall around Oregon and Washington too. And half of Texas. And Louisiana. And Colorado. Definitely New Mexico. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia and 90% of whatever along the east coast. If I wasn’t one to give everyone a fair shake first, I’d be cringing more at those license plates.

No joke though. Oregon is (and HAS BEEN) worse than California for decades. My buddy does business trips around the country and he called to complain about Bend and how he honest to God couldn’t wait to get to his next stop in California, and he loathes California. He just wanted out of Oregon at all costs.

Washington and Colorado are really giving California a run for it’s money too. Washington more recently than Colorado. Washington used to be so based. Sad. Even still I wouldn’t blame the CHAZ or whatever insanity on California. Crap like that been a long time in the making and home grown.

Spokane is such a cool city. It’s a shame.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:44:11 AM EDT
[#24]
There are some good people in CA. But most of the ones coming to my state could do with a throat-punch or two.

They drive like dipshits. They don't necessarily want to go fast, they just want to be in front of you.
They believe my town is "so backwards"... despite fleeing their own town for being a shithole.
They don't want to discuss politics, they want you to listen to theirs. Clearly, the refugee knows how we're going to ruin our town .
(For people from Los Angeles specifically) Everything will be compared to LA and found to be wanting. It's fun to watch their mouths drop when I explain LA is close to my idea of hell on earth.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#25]
The ones in Austin usually have various Lib bumper stickers or political slogans. And a lot of electric cars.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#26]
They're improving the quality of driving in Dallas, but that's not hard to do. The number of stupid fuckwits in brodozers who don't understand lane markings must be a surprise for them though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:27:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Do the real native folks in states vote Conservative?   You know, the indigenous folks.

Louisiana seems to be the most native state.  Born, raised, stayed and worked, died.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#28]
If one moves to Idaho and doesn't join the Idaho Second A. Alliance, you have to go back.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:45:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't see any CA license plates around these parts. I do have new neighbors that escaped NoVA, though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:49:01 AM EDT
[#30]
I R one.  I moved into a marxist cesspool in Tucson.  Will probably move to Tennessee. I sad.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:54:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The first waves of CA immigrants were typical Californians that were primarily liberal arriving here to corporate relocations.  In the last few years the ones coming here think they’re conservative, vote mostly red, but are moderate at best by Tennessee standards.  I think we’re seeing a great migration of red voters from blue states into red states which will further the policy divide throughout our country.
View Quote

I moved from Detroit to E. TN and am definitely more conservative than most of my neighbors. Like another poster said, its like the poles who hate commies because they saw it first hand.

I fucking hate liberals and their army of LGBTQ mental-cases more than anything else in the world. And I make no attempt to hide that, in public or private. I think a lot of southerners are naive as to the danger of liberal transplants and get taken advantage of.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top