Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2020 11:46:27 AM EDT
I'm at work, and I work for the county, so everything with any tobacco references in the listing are blocked, but my question is for a guy who buys all his cigars on line, where is a really awesome place to go on vacation in the states?
Someone posted they just spent a week in Clear Water Florida, and visited a bunch of shops where they roll their own. I want to see something like that.

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Miami, that's it
View Quote

FPNI.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Nicaragua
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m in Miami and we’re kind of the nexus for cigars without traveling to a 3rd world country.

Hell... I live two miles from Perdomo’s HG and a quarter mile away from Oliva’s.

Chris

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]
What about Cuba? Haha. But yeah Miami will be your best bet since many Cubans went there.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Are cigar prices better in places like that, or more spendy? Are the cigars rolled in the cigar shops something extra special? I live in Texas so it's a bit of a drive, but it would be worth it, if it is like a cigar fun land. I have one cigar store in my town, and I darn sure wouldn't drive to any of the big cities around me, Houston, Dallas, Austin to look for cigar stores that are spread out many, many miles in between. I would like to be somewhere that there are cigar stores all over the place, like bars are in most cities,.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are cigar prices better in places like that, or more spendy? Are the cigars rolled in the cigar shops something extra special? I live in Texas so it's a bit of a drive, but it would be worth it, if it is like a cigar fun land. I have one cigar store in my town, and I darn sure wouldn't drive to any of the big cities around me, Houston, Dallas, Austin to look for cigar stores that are spread out many, many miles in between. I would like to be somewhere that there are cigar stores all over the place, like bars are in most cities,.
View Quote

Forget driving.

For reference, I've been smoking almost everyday for 26+ years and I don't smoke shit cigars.

I know what's good and what's crap.

Go to CigarPage.com and see if they have what you're interested in.

I routinely smoke La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero D-700s, their Diggers and CAO FlatHead 770s, which are $10-$13 smokes here in Miami and $12-$17 in Los Angeles, where I often visit.

CigarPage is the best, offers free shipping and no tax and the smokes aren't stale like a 2 week old loaf of bread.

I won't even buy locally, unless I'm jonesing.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Forget driving.

For reference, I've been smoking almost everyday for 26+ years and I don't smoke shit cigars.

I know what's good and what's crap.

Go to CigarPage.com and see if they have what you're interested in.

I routinely smoke La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero D-700s, their Diggers and CAO FlatHead 770s, which are $10-$13 smokes here in Miami and $12-$17 in Los Angeles, where I often visit.

CigarPage is the best, offers free shipping and no tax and the smokes aren't stale like a 2 week old loaf of bread.

I won't even buy locally, unless I'm jonesing.

Chris
View Quote

Dangggg, that's bubble buster. I was hoping for a cigar store in the big Rock Candy Mountains type place. I recently bought some CAO Flatheads, V660 I believe. I paid $30 for a 10 pack. Good smoke., I have some of the Sparkplugs bid on, and some of the pistons as well. Lost the crankshaft, and while researching them found out they used to make one called the gear box which is no longer available.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:04:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Warfighter Cigars are located in San Antonio. I like those guys a lot. They used to be in Nebraska before heading south.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Warfighter Cigars are located in San Antonio. I like those guys a lot. They used to be in Nebraska before heading south.
View Quote

I]ve been to the humidor in the Menger Hotel next to the Alamo, which is where I bought my 1st quality cigar, and what started me on loving a good cigar. That was 2004. The Menger hotel is where Teddy Roosevelt recruited the Rough Riders. I was there to buy some pipe tobacco for smoking in my grandpas calabash pipe that I had inherited. The cigar was an after thought since me now ex wife and I were celebrating our 13th anniversary. Now I've had a longer loving relationship with cigars then I did with her! I still love my cigars. Her not so much....

I don't think I'd drive all the way to san Antonio for just one cigar shop and that's the problem. I want somewhere cigar shops are plentiful and near each other. I'm going to look into the Miami option on the interwebs.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What about Cuba? Haha. But yeah Miami will be your best bet since many Cubans went there.
View Quote
My wife and I visited Cuba last year.  Awesome trip, very interesting.

I'm unaware of any legal changes to Americans traveling to Cuba since then, with the exception to bringing home Cuban products.  It's confusing, but possible to visit Cuba legally and economically.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#13]
That's pretty much the mecca for cigar smokers I would imagine. Maye some where I've never heard of is it. I do not really know.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I]ve been to the humidor in the Menger Hotel next to the Alamo, which is where I bought my 1st quality cigar, and what started me on loving a good cigar. That was 2004. The Menger hotel is where Teddy Roosevelt recruited the Rough Riders. I was there to buy some pipe tobacco for smoking in my grandpas calabash pipe that I had inherited. The cigar was an after thought since me now ex wife and I were celebrating our 13th anniversary. Now I've had a longer loving relationship with cigars then I did with her! I still love my cigars.https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif Her not so much....

I don't think I'd drive all the way to san Antonio for just one cigar shop and that's the problem. I want somewhere cigar shops are plentiful and near each other. I'm going to look into the Miami option on the interwebs.
View Quote

I learned something new today!  Thanks Marine. I’m a history buff and didn’t know that about the Menger Hotel. I’ll have to go check it out the next time I’m there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top