Posted: 7/17/2022 12:47:04 AM EDT
I enjoyed watching the first couple of seasons.![]() What Happened to Orange County Choppers? ![]() The Real Reason Why American Chopper Ended: Family Problems & Legal Battles |
|
Quoted: You mean a B-2 bomber and spiderman bike don't hold value? Quoted: Quoted: Bikes are crap, huge depreciation from what people paid for them. You mean a B-2 bomber and spiderman bike don't hold value? I have personally seen 2 of them for sale. They were junk and no one bought either one of them. Original owners were stuck with them. This was 5 or 6 years ago. |
|
Quoted: Their products were of such high quality there was no money to be made after their target market had been satisfied with bikes that ran trouble free for a lifetime Attached File |
|
They only did anything because of the show. Most of the drama wasnt even real. Those bikes were not really meant to be ridden for long distances. Basically bar hopping is all they were good for. Poor handling, poor braking, true hard tail frame with low profile rear tire. Open belt dive primary to suck your leg into if you wore loose pants. Hell, Bikes and Beards on youtube bought a used one from the original owner. Dude got it free from OCC and had it completely custom for him. Asked 14k, was offered 8k and accepted. The motor? A bone stock 80in Evo...... Someone wants a chopper that bad, go buy a Twin Cam 103 Wide Glide, buy a tank lift kit and 16" apes. Will ride decently, stop decently and reliably, look badass and maintain its value better. |
|
The closest I ever came to the bikes or the show (and I worked on bikes when that was on) was seeing the "OC" bikes in front of the restaraunt in Kansas City's "Legends" shopping mall. They had one on top of a fountain and that water wasn't doing that POS any favors. |
|
We have to finish the weinermobile trike before the Long Island Hotdog festival! You got the wrong sparkle for the paint! cuss cuss fake argument thrown furniture and office supplies oh once again we'll never make it! oh once again we did it just in time! https://www.hotcars.com/heres-where-the-cast-of-american-chopper-is-today/amp/ |
|
Quoted: I did watch for the first few years, I am honest enough to admit it. I was fascinated with the building/welding/ fab stuff. I love that stuff, the drama crap killed the show for me. I am not a motorcycle guy but I love the metal work. Their metal work was really fucking bad |
| Before I ever saw the show, I saw a huge display of their branded merchandise at a department store. Was really impressed with how shitty/cheap everything was. Thought that whoever was in charge must have absolutely zero shame/standards. Saw a few episodes eventually. I thought it was entertaining. |
![]() Why you should NEVER Buy an Orange County Chopper |
|
Quoted: Never cared for their show and the drama, I did like Indian Larry and Jesse James. They actually fabbed parts by hand. They were true craftsmen. I've seen some of OCC's regular offerings (not their TV show one-offs) up close. Early 20s me (still learning to build bikes) did a better job. I'd also trust my own handiwork on a long trip. Theirs...I'd trust one of my friends was driving a chase van. |



