Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2022 7:20:09 PM EDT
I am currently with Bank of America for everything.  I know they are anti-gun, and had something to do with giving customer data to the DoJ after Jan 6th.  Whatever shenanigans they pulled, IDGAF.  I just know i shouldn't be rewarding them with my business.

What bank exists in TX and NJ that I can use that isn't anti-gun?

What rewards credit cards are out there for cash back, or non-BS restricted travel rewards?  (I pay off my CC every month. Not looking for something with a fee....)
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Nerdwallet.com for research on all those topics. Pick the ones that give YOU the most.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:11:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Cabelas!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure if gun friendly, but I would look at

Chase Freedom Unlimited
American Express Blue Cash
Discover It cashback

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cabelas!
View Quote

NO! There underwriter (Capital One) is anti gun I'm not aware of any pro 2A ones.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
The lesser of all evils seem to be Wells Fargo.  They came out a few years back and said they were not in the business of making laws when they were trying to pass those anti firearm banking acts.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The lesser of all evils seem to be Wells Fargo.  They came out a few years back and said they were not in the business of making laws when they were trying to pass those anti firearm banking acts.
View Quote

Sure except for fraudulent account creation
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wells_Fargo_account_fraud_scandal
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Wells Fargo Active Cash card (2% cash back)  Card was compromised once and it was a pain in the ass to get the issue resolved compared to similar experiences with Capital One. They also gave me an absurdly small limit and refused to raise it when I asked, after 6 months they raised it $1k without me having to ask.  I’ll keep it, I’ll use it but I really can’t recommend it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I am not sure of their politics but I use a Citi Double Cash card for most of my spending. The few times I’ve needed support they have been easy to deal with but I suspect that is because I am likely in their highest tier of customer. I’ve never paid them a dime in interest and collect my cash back each month seamlessly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Usaa has a 2.5% cash back card that is periodically offered to some customers.  

Many places have a 2% cash back card - I just got one from fidelity that is 0% interest for first year to put a new home AC on rather than withdraw a large amount of cash or use the hvac company’s financing.  It also paid $150 when you spend $1500 in the first 90 days, so I used it for groceries for a month and paid 6 months of car insurance and got $150 for free.  

Unless it’s targeted you won’t do any better than 2-2.5% cash back.  The Amazon card is 5% off Amazon purchases which can be a great deal if you use Amazon a lot.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#10]
For banking, I prefer Chase.

For credit card - use the Citi Double Cash card.  It is a flat 2% no gimmicks, and they have excellent fraud monitoring/customer service if you eve have an issue.  If you don't like Citi, then Fidelity also has a 2% flat card, which is what I use.  I chose them because I already have a Fidelity account.  That said - the web app and customer service are not the same, because management is outsourced to Elan Financial services for that card.

I know Citi and Chase are not much better to support than BOA - but they are not as bad as BOA.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Fidelity 2% seems to be one of the better options.  They're less anti-gun than Citi.

I have both, but put most of my spending on the Fidelity card.

USAA has an Amex that lets you get 5% off gas.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone here have any experience with the Lending Club high yield savings?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 3:31:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Why have one?

Customize based on your spending.

I basically use three credit cards to maximize my rewards

Costco Citi card for gas, restaurant, and Costco Purchases
Amazon Chase card for Amazon purchases
Fidelity Visa that gets 2% for everything else.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 4:09:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Navy Federal for the muthafuckin WIN!

If you travel, the highest grade Amex you can. I wont be renewing since I left .gov but Ive had a platinum Amex for years. The annual fee was $695 but walking into first class lounges worldwide like you own them made it worth every penny. The concierge services were fucking lit also.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 6:05:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why have one?

View Quote

i would do something like this if i was a little more organized. but i just use the fidelity 2% cash back.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 6:15:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 6:25:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I haven't checked to see if I should update in awhile, but I use AMEX Platinum for the rewards and Chase Amazon for Amazon.   I live in the sticks and order from Amazon often, and I get 5% back for Amazon purchases.   I also use Apple Card for anything Apple I buy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Usaa has a 2.5% cash back card that is periodically offered to some customers.  

View Quote

That hasn't been offered since 2018 and goes away entirely for existing users on 31 December 22.  My USAA monthly credit card spend will go from 2-5K to 0.

I'll just fall back on a Fido 2% card for daily spend, Amex Blue Cash Preferred for grocery/gas, Chase Freedom Flex for restaurants/rotating categories, Chase Amazon card for Amazon/rotating categories(currently 5% for gas through June)

Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:20:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why have one?

View Quote

This is exactly what we do. Everything is on autopay so there is nothing to manage, and I only carry two cards.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Local credit union here. I don’t think any company, outside of the gun industry, is pro gun or pro America anymore. I have so many companies on sanction, I can’t keep up with who owns what.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#21]
I also am not a fan of Bank of America. I use them as they are nationwide and helps when buying classic cars/trucks in other states.

I have not paid interest in years because I pay the balance in full. With that being said nobody seems to be able to touch the interest rate they give me at 11.99%. Since I have a couple of accounts I am a preferred rewards customer. I don't pay for bank and cashiers checks. I don't pay for any copies I may need?

Once or twice a year the car does get compromised but the second day air me a new card at no charge. I am interested in the replies as I would like a back up card in case this one gets compromised and I need to use credit while waiting for the new card.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fidelity 2% seems to be one of the better options.
View Quote

This is a great card that doesn't get a lot of the same hype that the Chase and Citi cards do-probably because it requires excellent credit to be approved.  I finally got it after years of contemplating it. Best thing about this card is that the rewards can either be taken as cash or invested via a Fidelity account. If I had been using this card for the last 20 years I'd have a nice investment account. It's now my primary card for everything except fuel (Costco VISA is better for that).
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Why have one?

View Quote

Also an option if you are dedicated. I rotate between about 10 different cards to maximize rewards, but I think it'd be the Fidelity VISA if I had to stick with just one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#24]
For most things I use Chase. They’ve been pretty reasonable.

For some things like gas, it’s the Citi (Costco) cuz it’s better rewards. I do so somewhat begrudgingly because Citi damned near fucked me on my honeymoon. Buy airfare to Italy on the card. Tell them ahead of time I’m going out of the country. First hotel, Citi locks the card for unusual activity. I was PISSED.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 4:16:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Also an option if you are dedicated. I rotate between about 10 different cards to maximize rewards, but I think it'd be the Fidelity VISA if I had to stick with just one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why have one?

Definitely Fidelity if you only want one card.

I always redeem the rewards every time there is $50 into a Roth IRA account, or if that is maxed out it just goes into a regular brokerage account.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a new CC too.

Upgrade cash rewards elite Visa is 2.2% back. Never heard of them though.

Amex has the 6% one, but it has an annual fee.

BOTW has a 3% dining, groceries, gas one.

View Quote

If that Amex is the Blue Cash Preferred with a $95 fee and 6% back at grocery stores you will easily make that back assuming you are shopping at grocery stores and not Walmart(which doesn't meet their criteria).  

I have already surpassed the $95 in rewards for using that card this year, and I'm only shopping for one.

*I'm still in the have a few cards camp,  I only use that Amex for gas 3%/groceries 6%.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If that Amex is the Blue Cash Preferred with a $95 fee and 6% back at grocery stores you will easily make that back assuming you are shopping at grocery stores and not Walmart(which doesn't meet their criteria).  

I have already surpassed the $95 in rewards for using that card this year, and I'm only shopping for one.

*I'm still in the have a few cards camp,  I only use that Amex for gas 3%/groceries 6%.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm looking for a new CC too.

Upgrade cash rewards elite Visa is 2.2% back. Never heard of them though.

Amex has the 6% one, but it has an annual fee.
BOTW has a 3% dining, groceries, gas one.

I also have that card.  Bear in mind that 6% back applies if you purchase gift cards at the grocery store.  So, if I plan this weekend to purchase tools and garden supplies at Home Depot and I've looked online to see how much that costs, I'll grab some Home Depot gift cards to cover it when I do my weekly grocery shopping.

The 6% back on groceries is limited to $500/month for purchases, after that it drops to 1%.  I don't think there's a monthly limit on the 3% gas rebate.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not sure if gun friendly, but I would look at

Chase Freedom Unlimited
American Express Blue Cash
Discover It cashback

View Quote

I have #1 & #2 and used to have #3. I can recommend all 3.

I also have a Capitol One serviced store card. I only keep it for the rewards. I'm not a fan of Capitol One.

I also used to have a Citi. NEVER again will I make that mistake. Getting customer service to do anything was always a pain...
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I make a good bit of cash every year off chase.

Chase freedom. 1% on everything and quarterly 5% on select categories up to $75/quarter. I’ll typically max that $75 on grocery and gas quarters.

Freedom unlimited:  1.5% on everything. 3% on travel and restaurants year round.

I put everything I can on these cards and pay them off every couple of weeks. When I hit the $500-$1000 mark I’ll cash the rewards out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I also have that card.  Bear in mind that 6% back applies if you purchase gift cards at the grocery store.  So, if I plan this weekend to purchase tools and garden supplies at Home Depot and I've looked online to see how much that costs, I'll grab some Home Depot gift cards to cover it when I do my weekly grocery shopping.

The 6% back on groceries is limited to $500/month for purchases, after that it drops to 1%.  I don't think there's a monthly limit on the 3% gas rebate.
View Quote

That looks like a good card I can max, but it says the rewards are statement credit.  Does that mean no cash back?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#32]
"People also ask
Is Wells Fargo gun friendly?
According to 2019 statistics, Wells Fargo has supplied more than a half-billion dollars in credit facilities to gunmakers since 2012. That lending practice has earned Wells Fargo, a near-permanent listing on anti-gun groups' lists as among the “least responsive” banks around.Mar 22, 2021
Banks that got an F from the anti gunners in 2019 were

Chase: F -- 48 points out of 100
PNC: F -- 41 points out of 100
US Bank Corp: F -- 35 points out of 100
TD Bank: F: 35 points out of 100
Wells Fargo: F -- 25 points out of 100
BB&T: F -- 20 points out of 100
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That looks like a good card I can max, but it says the rewards are statement credit.  Does that mean no cash back?
View Quote

If you use the credit card and pay it off regularly like a normal person then cash back and statement credit are the same thing. A statement credit means less money leaves your bank account to make the payment. Your cash back (if you really want actual cash) comes when you withdraw that extra money from your account. It just saves the extra movement of money which saves the CC company the hassle & cost of sending you a check etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top