User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:15:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
hated him from the beginnning....
View Quote

Unwatchable. Saw him recently as a grown man. He appears to have somehow turned out to be a normal, masculine man.
Because, Wesley Crusher. . . . ? Wow.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:16:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn’t watch enough Star Trek to have any thoughtful insight, but I hope this helps...

Big Pun - Still Not a Player (Official Video) ft. Joe
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:17:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd say that title goes to Neelix.
View Quote

Neelix is the kind of friend you need.  Loyal to a fault, will give you the shirt off his back, pays attention to special occasions and tries to make you feel welcome. Almost always positive.  Wants to help you solve your problems.

Other than being a creeper with Kes...  he was a good dude.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:23:43 AM EDT
[#4]
The entire cast is weird except Picard and maybe Dr Crusher.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:27:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ronny Cox put an end to that shit with a quickness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIchkDoFvo0

Also...for such a squared away crew...they all acted pretty pissy when 'daddy' got reassigned.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:30:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wrong. Troi is absolutely useless. I'll give you a summary of every interaction between Picard and Troi:

"What do you sense counselor?"

"I'm not sure Captain, they're very closed off."

View Quote

(as the ships's rocked rocked by phaser fire, red alert's blaring)

"I sense.......hostility".

Ok, but Troi's got 2 things going for her Wesley doesn't.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:15:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Worf gets DENIED again and again on Star Trek TNG.

Star Trek TNG - Will Riker Destroys the Enterprise-D
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:51:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I actually didn't mind Wesley. His character added a lot to certain episodes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:55:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You need to "understand" the era of TNG.

The only "Super Powers" in the Beta and Alpha Quadrants[known space]  are the Federation and The Klingon Empire who are allies. The Romulans are in total isolation and everyone else [as perceived by the Federation] are podunck back waters that are no matches for the awesome power of a Galaxy Class starship which is built to be diplomatic resort hotels for the purpose of gaining new Federation Members, settling disputes between backwater [inferior] worlds, and to carry out scientific research.

The USS Enterprise is a Camp David of the Federation. It's not the embassy in Benghazi.  However it is armed with enough fire power and shielding to deal with uppity hicks/rednecks or what ever slang term the Federation uses for them.

Think of it this way.  "You" might in CCW mode  to fend off  random thugs,"You" may take "your" family out to dinner or the movies(while "you" CCW) ,  but "your" EDC isn't geared towards dealing with a 1st world military , because that's not  really a threat,  right now.

Edit: There's also the whole Commie housing issue. Earth Is full. So they need to put those people some where.
View Quote
The Cardassians were a major power that had always been there but were not mentioned until later. Something we never got to really see were the hostilities between the Cardassians and the Federation that took place only a few years prior to the start of TNG. It was mentioned in later seasons of TNG when the Cardassians were intruduced, and Chief O'Brien talked of his combat experience on Setlik III and the various border skirmishes that took place that apparently Picard even took part in while he was in command of the Stargazer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:03:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This.  The only thing she was good for is the low cut uniform, which is a whole different issue that she gets to wear whatever the hell she wants despite being part of the ships command crew.

She's also probably faking even being a half empath as noted by the fact that she plays in all the after hour poker games.  Even a half empath should be able to clean up at a game where the main skill is guessing whether or not your opponent is telling a lie.

Not to mention how many species they encountered that had plot armor which wouldn't allow her to sense their emotions.  She can basically read Vulcans, Romulans and Klingons which is a nearly worthless skill because those races are written to basically have a single emotion.

She serves no purpose being on the ship.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wrong. Troi is absolutely useless. I'll give you a summary of every interaction between Picard and Troi:

This.  The only thing she was good for is the low cut uniform, which is a whole different issue that she gets to wear whatever the hell she wants despite being part of the ships command crew.

She's also probably faking even being a half empath as noted by the fact that she plays in all the after hour poker games.  Even a half empath should be able to clean up at a game where the main skill is guessing whether or not your opponent is telling a lie.

Not to mention how many species they encountered that had plot armor which wouldn't allow her to sense their emotions.  She can basically read Vulcans, Romulans and Klingons which is a nearly worthless skill because those races are written to basically have a single emotion.

Having a full-blooded Betazoid assigned to each ship would seem to be a very powerful tool and tactical advantage, I don't know why they didn't implement it. It would allow you to scan the mind of most potential adversaries to determine deceit or motive.

Sort of like in Babylon 5 where people hire commercial telepaths to sit in on business negotiations to make sure they don't try to cheat each-other.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:10:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Somebody mentioned it already. But whenever Troi’s mom appeared on an episode I would cringe. Just no!!! Not again.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:25:13 AM EDT
[#12]
worf’s autistic son was the worst character.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:27:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Arguably the greatest cuck in Hollywood history.

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:32:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Worf

Or whatever he was called

He only ever won fights in the holodeck. Got his ass kicked regular, people would beam on deck kill a few red shirts and 30 seconds later he’d pull his phaser.
His security staff were useless, his loyalty was always divided to his culture or ship, sometimes leaving and ignoring orders.

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
To me it was Worf. He got his ass kicked every other episode.

He didn't come into his own until he put on the command colors in DS9.
View Quote
Worf's purpose on the show was to be tough so that threats could be easily shown to be 'more tough'.

Every time you had a strong alien show up, they showed they were strong by throwing Worf.  Writers were literally purposefully doing that.  Problem is, they didn't realize if you do it too much, rather than making the new villain for the episode look super-threatening instead you make the supposed tough guy look ineffective.  This has been termed the 'Worf Effect'

Early on, the writers were actually trying to make a point, which was brute force wasn't effective, you need to either use science or feelings.  But later on they just went into lazy mode and did it a ton.

You don't see it in DS9 because the actor got so sick of it he actually had it put in his contract he wouldn't do those scenes any more.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wesley Crusher was Gene Roddenberry inserting himself into Star Trek TNG.
View Quote

This.  Eugene Wesley Roddenberry was fascinated by the idea of a child genius aboard a starship.  So Wesley Crusher was on board the Enterprise D from episode 1.

Then the writer's strike happened, and Roddenberry had a whole stack of "Wesley Crusher saves the universe" scripts ready, it wouldn't have been bad if they did like 1 per season but they burned the whole pile in Season 1.  So now Wesley Saves the Day has to keep getting bigger and stupider...
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Love this...they edited in the blooper.

Star Trek INtakes: Geordi and Worf Celebrate Their Rescue
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I would absolutely not want to be a no name red shirt for a mission.  

Nope.  Fuck that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Dr. Polaski. Eww.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#20]
OPNI but killing him wouldn't have rescued a shit series. TNG was just awful in so many ways.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Start Trek TNG was the most useless series in the franchise.

Fight me
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Start Trek TNG was the most useless series in the franchise.

Fight me
View Quote

Their uniforms are so stupid I can't watch it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Jake Sisko was pretty useless.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e1/31/51/e13151bf00bfcf8a4c7c8ee11b74ad77.jpg

Somebody mentioned it already. But whenever Troi’s mom appeared on an episode I would cringe. Just no!!! Not again.
View Quote

She was a super slutty GILF and you just know Picard was slaying that shit when no one was looking. Bet O’Brien was giving Picard high-fives every time he transported her off the ship.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

She was a super slutty GILF and you just know Picard was slaying that shit when no one was looking. Bet O’Brien was giving Picard high-fives every time he transported her off the ship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e1/31/51/e13151bf00bfcf8a4c7c8ee11b74ad77.jpg

Shame, shame, how dare you say such things about the queen of the Rodenberry empire?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Didn't he save their butt in at least 3 different episodes?
View Quote

"Contrived" episodes.  Totally contrived.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Troi's mom or Worf's son are by far the most useless characters on the show. Each episode they are in is garbage.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Whatever. Jellico got shit done with a quickness.
He wasn't running the love boat like picard. He was getting a crew ready to go to war.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well Captain Jellico was a wank, so....

He wasn't running the love boat like picard. He was getting a crew ready to go to war.

Bingo.  Jellico made all the right decisions, in the context of preparing the ship and crew for a war the Federation believed to be imminent.  

He wouldn't have been as good an explorer-diplomat like Picard, but that didn't matter.  Kinda weird how Riker evidently had such a hard time appreciating that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Bingo.  Jellico made all the right decisions, in the context of preparing the ship and crew for a war the Federation believed to be imminent.  

He wouldn't have been as good an explorer-diplomat like Picard, but that didn't matter.  Kinda weird how Riker evidently had such a hard time appreciating that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well Captain Jellico was a wank, so....

I said it above...the whole crew acted like spoiled little shits when daddy left.  Jellico comes in and starts giving orders and the crew of the Federation flagship..who I am assuming would be the best in the fleet...do nothing except make excuses.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Dr. Polaski. Eww.
View Quote

She wanted some of that Klingon lovin' bad. That episode where she covered for Worf's Klingon measles, she got wet when he performed the Klingon tea ceremony for her and recited Klingon love poetry.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Holy shit hahahahaa
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Eh, not gonna fight you, but my biggest complaint about Data is that he was like Superman. Anytime they got into a jam, they just basically said, "Thank goodness Data is here to ________" (fill in the blank with whatever special skill was needed at that moment).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Data did more harm than good.

Fight me.

Eh, not gonna fight you, but my biggest complaint about Data is that he was like Superman. Anytime they got into a jam, they just basically said, "Thank goodness Data is here to ________" (fill in the blank with whatever special skill was needed at that moment).

My biggest concern with data is how many times was his brain taken over?

He turned into a liability because he could just be hacked and turn into a Superman bad guy with a quickness.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#34]
What i find hilarious is that grown adults can have discussions like these about frictional garbage.

As if ANY star trek character was worth a shit.

Guess what?

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
worf’s autistic son was the worst character.
View Quote

Yeah, I would agree with that.

My most useless TNG character list, starting at least useful:

Alexander
Wesley (all cases in which he saved the ship were ridiculous contrivances)
Mott the barber
Lwaxana Troi
Dr. Pulaski
Deanna Troi
Tasha Yar (yes, a character that lasted less than 3 seasons is more appreciable than any of the above!)
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What i find hilarious is that grown adults can have discussions like these about frictional garbage.

As if ANY star trek character was worth a shit.

Guess what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b4bgB9EqaE
View Quote

So...you mean "stop liking what I don't like."  Got it.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Pluto has a channel dedicated to the TNG......
They just had wesley saving Picard in a cave.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Neelix had a reasonably hot GF for the time. Credit where it's due.
View Quote

Yeah but she went down hill real quick IRL.https://variety.com/2015/tv/news/jennifer-lien-arrested-star-trek-voyager-1201594328/
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neelix had a reasonably hot GF for the time. Credit where it's due.

Yeah but she went down hill real quick IRL.https://variety.com/2015/tv/news/jennifer-lien-arrested-star-trek-voyager-1201594328/https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/jennifer-lien-mugshot.jpg?w=600

Isn't that the Changeling?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So...you mean "stop liking what I don't like."  Got it.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#42]
No it's Kes but she must have been hitting  the Ketracel-White hard starting at the end of Voyager's  run.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No it's Kes but she must have been hitting  the Ketracel-White hard starting at the end of Voyager's  run.
View Quote

TDS?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

She’s also probably faking even being a half empath as noted by the fact that she plays in all the after hour poker games.  Even a half empath should be able to clean up at a game where the main skill is guessing whether or not your opponent is telling a lie.

Not to mention how many species they encountered that had plot armor which wouldn’t allow her to sense their emotions.  She can basically read Vulcans, Romulans and Klingons which is a nearly worthless skill because those races are written to basically have a single emotion.

View Quote

I cannot agree.

The most pointless character was.....

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'd say that title goes to Neelix.
View Quote

You're correct, but OP did say TNG. In the TNG universe, There is a tie for a couple worthless characters with Wesley being the heavy favorite. Need proof? I give you the TNG Lego set:

Let's see if you can spot his character. That should tell you something.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It would of been the best show ever if Riker blew him out an airlock randomly with no plot point.
View Quote

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter...
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

She’s also probably faking even being a half empath as noted by the fact that she plays in all the after hour poker games.  Even a half empath should be able to clean up at a game where the main skill is guessing whether or not your opponent is telling a lie.

Not to mention how many species they encountered that had plot armor which wouldn’t allow her to sense their emotions.  She can basically read Vulcans, Romulans and Klingons which is a nearly worthless skill because those races are written to basically have a single emotion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Her purpose was titties and eye candy. Everybody knows that:

Beavis and Butt-head Do Star Trek

Nobody knows Wesley's purpose.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

She wanted some of that Klingon lovin' bad. That episode where she covered for Worf's Klingon measles, she got wet when he performed the Klingon tea ceremony for her and recited Klingon love poetry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dr. Polaski. Eww.

Yeah, but she epitomized his saying of "Human women are too fragile.  I require a Klingon."
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I forgot about that. "Number One I order you to go take a number two."
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Nonsense.

Q is the most under-utilized character and theme in any of the ST series.

And Delancey is an excellent actor.
Page / 5
Top Top