BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2019 4:46:56 PM EDT
Lookie what hit the TTB!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
@leemozoid get that OCD working again.....
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yay another Weller product I won't be able to find/buy...
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Is anyone getting tired of Weller flooding the market with what seem to be limited run offerings when people are literally clamoring for their core range?

I feel like I am. I’m glad they are making new stuff, but damn. I guess if they upped the supply of their core they wouldn’t be as popular, but damn.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I love me some Weller 107.

But the bourbon boom is making me want to give up on it all.  I have gobs of expensive shit that I will never drink.  I'm about to sell out and cash in while it's hot and move back to simply drinking the basics and not even hunting for the allocated stuff.

I did a Liquor Barn raffle the other day for Pappy, and there was over 500 people there trying for bottles.  I didn't even score a bottle.  I don't even need a bottle but the allure of the cash it's worth made me get out of bed to try with a couple buddies.  Not any more.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 10:45:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I picked up 3 bottles of Antique 107 in 2016 and paid $24.99 apiece.

Earlier this week I found the same stuff (in the new bottle) for $65.99 and pulled the trigger again.

We're amidst a big bourbon boom, but I don't think we're over the hill yet.  I believe the prices of allocated bottles will still continue to rise for another few years.  Time will tell!
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@leemozoid get that OCD working again.....
View Quote
Should say hyper allocated. That's one I can live without.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I picked up 3 bottles of Antique 107 in 2016 and paid $24.99 apiece.

Earlier this week I found the same stuff (in the new bottle) for $65.99 and pulled the trigger again.

We're amidst a big bourbon boom, but I don't think we're over the hill yet.  I believe the prices of allocated bottles will still continue to rise for another few years.  Time will tell!
View Quote

It goes for way, way more out here.  Only one store gets Weller and they are very proud of it. They have Weller SR on the shelf for $199. I bought 2 bottles of Weller 12 when they had them for $149 / ea and I was happy to get them.  Same store recently raised the price of EH Taylor from $79 to $199
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#8]
97 proof? Meh
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Which eh taylor?
Small batch, single barrel, rye?

That's high for any of them, but insane for small batch.
Last SR  I picked up was $24, and that wasn't too long ago.
View Quote

Small batch and single barrel. Same price before and both are $199 now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It goes for way, way more out here.  Only one store gets Weller and they are very proud of it. They have Weller SR on the shelf for $199. I bought 2 bottles of Weller 12 when they had them for $149 / ea and I was happy to get them.  Same store recently raised the price of EH Taylor from $79 to $199
View Quote

Holy shit! Only place that had Weller SR by me wanted $60 and I turned around and walked out. And I've never had it either. $199? It better come with a happy ending.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#12]
This is ridiculous. WSR was a medicore $23 bottle, OWA was a good value at the previous retail (but not anymore), and the Weller 12 was a great score for $35. The prices you guys are posting should be criminal. There are plenty of distilleries that make the same quality of bourbon as Buffalo Trace.

With the recent price cut, go grab a bottle of Maker's Mark Cask Strength and thank me later.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:47:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is ridiculous. WSR was a medicore $23 bottle, OWA was a good value at the previous retail (but not anymore), and the Weller 12 was a great score for $35. The prices you guys are posting should be criminal. There are plenty of distilleries that make the same quality of bourbon as Buffalo Trace.

With the recent price cut, go grab a bottle of Maker's Mark Cask Strength and thank me later.
View Quote

I'll give it a try. I have a friend back in KY that has sent me care packages of spirits for not insane prices.

This is the price he paid, after he said they went up.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top