Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2024 2:38:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not a doctor but the last thing you want is surgery. If getting a shot or even one every so often is better than surgery. I hope the shot helps you.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had 3 separate left ankle fusion surgeries.  The first two surgeries were done by the same doctor.  The doctor ONLY used cadaver bone the two times.  After another failed fusion I went to a new doctor and he did my final fusion.  Why did the 2nd doctor's surgery fuse the ankle?  Because he used cadaver bone AND bone from my left knee bone.  Expect to have nerve damage to your foot resulting in some numbness.  That was my experience was.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I've broken my right ankle twice and the left once.
Big toes so many times I can't remember. Nail and staph infection from thinking it would go away. Hospital for 14 days. I was 13, so not I'm not an idiot.
Skate boarding, moto, BMX. I'm probably right behind you. Nerve pain and numbness feels like needles and pins.
I'm on my feet all day and that helps with the stiffness somewhat.
I'm 60 and just bought a new 24 Husky FX350 to go riding with my son. I never stopped riding, but yes,  I'm an idiot
Good luck and seek out a different Dr. if you aren't convinced. I kinda regret the surgeon who fixed my broken femur/tibia plateau fracture.
BRAAAPPP.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Went to the foot and ankle surgeon today.

Got to sit there and watch the portable ultrasound while they used it to guide the needle in between one of the joints in my foot to inject it with cortisone.

Fusion is probably next. I guess they have to try injections before surgery for ins co.
View Quote

I went 1 for 2 a few years ago. One had to be scoped, scraped, glued, fake bone graft, and whatever else had me on one foot for 6 weeks. The other one took 2 shots and has not been much of an issue since. I can really feel when a big weather event/change is coming though. The one they scoped+++ is gtg. No weather pains. Those shots are exciting ehh?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Knee replacement for me, when I can’t take it anymore.

Hip is probably right behind.

Shits wore out….
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PR361:
Knee replacement for me, when I can’t take it anymore.

Hip is probably right behind.

Shits wore out….
View Quote

Brother in law had a knee done at 70+. He was OK in about 8 months.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I had bilateral knees about 15 months ago, walk about 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 miles most days now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Find stem cell therapy or platelet rich plasma injection.....stay away from chain shops....
May have to do it several times, and its pricey
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:42:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to hear, man
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Good luck sir. I had major surgery on my left ankle/foot due to pain resulting from abnormal bone growth and tendon tearing due to a snake bite. I now have neuropathy in the foot along with my pinky toe now trying to go underneath the toe next to it. Do what you have to do to avoid surgery if possible.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Not my first rodeo. I've had them in my shoulder, knee and elbow. First time in the top of my freaking foot though.  I told the women to leave the room because I was going to swear. I think the doc kept them there so I wouldn't smack him upside the head.
View Quote

My back went into full spasm the last time I got a shot in the ankle. I have trouble with flat medical tables. MRIs suck. I would compare it to laying on a 2x8 with no place to put your elbows. I had to stop after a couple minutes on my first try. Meds did the trick for my second go around.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:51:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Went to the foot and ankle surgeon today.

Got to sit there and watch the portable ultrasound while they used it to guide the needle in between one of the joints in my foot to inject it with cortisone.

Fusion is probably next. I guess they have to try injections before surgery for ins co.
View Quote

I was getting cortisone injections in my shoulder every 6 months for about 2 and a half years before the doctor said no more. I had to have my rotator cuff done. That really sucked.

Then later I was getting by with cortisone in my left knee until the doctor said no more and had to have a knee replacement.  That sucked too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#18]

I fall asleep in the MRI machine. I ask for ear plugs instead of music.
View Quote

I fell asleep the 2 times in the MRI machine. Those were nice 45 min or so naps.  I used ear plugs also.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:56:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tcfla] [#19]
I took my first venture into big needles in joints last week.  Hip bursitis that I triggered by climbing stairs.  Old man ailments now,   I must say, the shot paid off.  I was not anticipating the shot or result to go well.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:57:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:59:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Toradol is your friend!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:05:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:

MRIs suck. I would compare it to laying on a 2x8 with no place to put your elbows. I had to stop after a couple minutes on my first try. Meds did the trick for my second go around.

Kind of like a bad metal show.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Not my first rodeo. I've had them in my shoulder, knee and elbow. First time in the top of my freaking foot though.  I told the women to leave the room because I was going to swear. I think the doc kept them there so I wouldn't smack him upside the head.
View Quote

I swear, you and I must be kin!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry op hang in there.
Top Top