Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2021 11:10:50 PM EDT
In the past two days, I've had a few (3 or 4) times when trying to connect to ar15.com, I get a certificate error, and when I choose to view the certificate it is from a company entirely different from af15.com.  Choosing to continue has gotten me to this site, but on at least one occasion I ended up at an entirely different site (not sure if it was the site that the certificate was for, as I hadn't checked that time), even with ar15.com in the address window.  I set the ip addresses in my hosts file per the links last week when the site had the dns issues, and it had worked fine until a day ago, when I had it happen a few times, and then again just now (certificate issue, but I didn't procede - I went back and then retried it and it was successful).

Any ideas?

Mike
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:15:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Remove the hacks to your host file. Goatboy made some changes recently.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:23:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#3]
This can happen if you are near someone’s free wifi (like a mcdonald’s).   They can be blocking the site entirely - or - trying to redirect you to a hotel style login page

Obviously if you are at home with wifi disabled this is not your issue
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I am at home on a wired connection.

Also, it just happened again, and the listed certificate is for staging.providerlookuponline.com

I will remove the entries to the host file and see if that fixes the issue.

Mike

ETA:  Entries have been commented out in the host file, and it seems to have sped up access to the site.  Time will tell if the certificate issues are also fixed, since they were intermittent before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top