Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2021 10:33:37 PM EDT
I believe its the ad banner doing this.

It's very pronounced on a mobile device with a poor cellular signal and using a vpn (read: slow connection).

Seems like it started in the last week or so.

Every so often (maybe every minute?) all the comments and content shift up, pause, then shift back down.

It's super annoying when trying to read, and worse when trying to tap or click on something that moves.

The site should use css styling to affix the width, height, and placement of advertising spaces so updating ads doesn't make the site wiggle around.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 10:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Been happening to me too on iPad.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#2]
what ads?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Never happens to me

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve been seeing it too. Really annoying.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Same here on iPhone... it’s crap website programming for the ads. Had to adjust my pi-hole to fix it
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never happens to me

View Quote

You must be one of those snobby elitist paid members

j/k I'll sign up when i can pay with crypto rather than that fiat filth.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Its definitely the add banner between posts.

Just saw it happen while staring at this post
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#8]
This is still happening
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#9]
@GoatBoy

Does arfcom not have a ci/cd pipline that a css change could be pushed out thru to fix this?
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 12:15:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Same happening here as said above.  Also the ads cover up the quote drop-down menu directly above the ad. Sometimes you can hit the button in between the ads but it’s a real pain.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Happens to me as well but I notice it all over the web, not arf specific
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

@AesopsWildBoar

This issue is arfcom specific. The site isn't predefining the size of the areas occupied by ads, so when they temporarily disappear when one ad cycles out and another cycles in, everything wiggles.

It's an easy CSS fix that shouldn't take more than a few hours to correct and deploy to production (in some shops this would take less than one hour).

But, in general, web pages wiggling around during content loading and reloading has the same bug as arfcom does - not pre-defining the area occupied by the dynamic content.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@AesopsWildBoar

This issue is arfcom specific. The site isn't predefining the size of the areas occupied by ads, so when they temporarily disappear when one ad cycles out and another cycles in, everything wiggles.

It's an easy CSS fix that shouldn't take more than a few hours to correct and deploy to production (in some shops this would take less than one hour).

But, in general, web pages wiggling around during content loading and reloading has the same bug as arfcom does - not pre-defining the area occupied by the dynamic content.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@AesopsWildBoar

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. I guess I’ve ignored it since I see the same problem elsewhere which also needs to be addressed separately
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top