Posted: 1/27/2021 11:44:35 PM EDT
How do you position yourself to profit from all the coming
failure?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:50:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Not today, Mr. IRS man.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a good question, and one I've been wondering about myself.

Inflation is going to kill us all monetarily if we don't do something to offset it.

I don't know what my plan is yet, but I'm not going to lose everything I've worked for without fighting.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Solar powered windmills. It's the future.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:11:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Solar powered windmills. It's the future.
View Quote

I know you jest, but energy independence would be awesome in inflationary or hyperinflationary periods.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:40:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Seriously?

International plays in renewable energy. The Davos crowd expects 7-8 trillion USD investment in renewables in the next decade.

So you swallow the bitter medicine, get politics out of the way, and do your research. I’d look at European and US investment choices, though the Chinese are probably the best bet for share of market considerations.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#6]
"Renewable Energy" is a pyramid scheme. The bottoms got to drop out sooner or later because the fundamentals aren't there. Sure you can cut production costs with scale as we've seen, but ultimately it's going to come down to batteries. They are too heavy, awkward, dirty to make, and yes expensive.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:04:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How do you position yourself to profit from all the coming
failure?
View Quote

I’m joining the NKVD as soon as it’s formed.

Remember, liberals get the bullet too.

All the people that voted for this?  Most of them will be on the list.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:05:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Seems like a paid off house with a well, gardens and maybe some animals would be good to have, even if things don't get too bad.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:19:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"Renewable Energy" is a pyramid scheme. The bottoms got to drop out sooner or later because the fundamentals aren't there. Sure you can cut production costs with scale as we've seen, but ultimately it's going to come down to batteries. They are too heavy, awkward, dirty to make, and yes expensive.
View Quote

Yes, but I think there will be a huge push in clean battery technology and battery recycling. Look into American Battery Metals Corp (ABML). Might be a reasonable investment. Who knows in this age though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:20:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I welcome cancer, or an asteroid.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:51:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Seems like a paid off house with a well, gardens and maybe some animals would be good to have, even if things don't get too bad.
View Quote

How would a paid off house help you at all? Normally I’m for that but say your dollars are now all but worthless you would be paying your mortgage at its current rate but with useless dollars.

Put another way. Let’s say a loaf of bread is $5 and your mortgage is $1000, your mortgage is 200 loaves of bread

When bread is now $20 and your mortgage is still $1000 your mortgage is now 40 loaves of bread

Paying a fixed cost with inflated dollars actually costs you less. It’s the flexible priced stuff that gets you.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:56:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How would a paid off house help you at all? Normally I'm for that but say your dollars are now all but worthless you would be paying your mortgage at its current rate but with useless dollars.

Put another way. Let's say a loaf of bread is $5 and your mortgage is $1000, your mortgage is 200 loaves of bread

When bread is now $20 and your mortgage is still $1000 your mortgage is now 40 loaves of bread

Paying a fixed cost with inflated dollars actually costs you less. It's the flexible priced stuff that gets you.
View Quote

Unless the government allows banks to inflation-adjust your mortgage.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:20:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Unless the government allows banks to inflation-adjust your mortgage.
View Quote

You want too see a bubble crash in record time, and the banks own a bunch of upside down homes, that would do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top