Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2024 12:51:25 PM EDT
Keeping an eye out for the new Rolex GMT and Tudor chrono.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I am still trying to convince myself I would use a GMT complication just so I can buy the Black Bay GMT with opaline dial from last year.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The GMT is the most useful complication for me. I remember reading traveler vs office and thinking NBD, then I got my Tudor watch and love true GMT watches.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:28:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw this posting this morning and I really think it’s the coolest looking gold watch I’ve ever seen. I am not going to impulse purchase something that costs more that my truck but I’ll be damned if I didn’t start looking around for other random shit to sell to start saving.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:44:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IDidThat] [#4]
87 variations of the 36mm date just and a cool GMT in black/grey. Kinda disappointing.

ETA - if this was only a Pepsi. new 39mm Tudor GMT
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:47:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Forlorn-Hope:
I am still trying to convince myself I would use a GMT complication just so I can buy the Black Bay GMT with opaline dial from last year.
View Quote

I just keep it set to London time and randomly ask my Wife if she knows what time it is in London. She tolerates me.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CopyRepairMan007:

I just keep it set to London time and randomly ask my Wife if she knows what time it is in London. She tolerates me.
View Quote

That is hilarious.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Forlorn-Hope:

As do I

But I have a kid over there so it’s actually useful

I’ll have to start bugging the wife with that one. Of course, it will backfire as she loves watches as much as I do so it will cost me…
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
I saw this posting this morning and I really think it’s the coolest looking gold watch I’ve ever seen. I am not going to impulse purchase something that costs more that my truck but I’ll be damned if I didn’t start looking around for other random shit to sell to start saving.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/IMG_6771_png-3182923.JPG
View Quote

$32k might be a hard sell when a gold Sub is $38k

(I’m not a hater, I own 3 Tudors)

It is a fine looking watch.  I really like the brushed gold.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By redfish86:

$32k might be a hard sell when a gold Sub is $38k

(I’m not a hater, I own 3 Tudors)

It is a fine looking watch.  I really like the brushed gold.
View Quote

@redfish86 yeah I'm not sure I'll buy it, but for the last like 3 years I've been thinking really a lot about a gold watch. I like the Rolex but not the cyclops, and I want a watch that's not something stupid blingy, which I know is totally incongruous

that said the street price of their BB gold (without the bracelet) is under 10k, so I bet this drops down. I'd rock a gold tudor if the style was right, wearing a Pelagos 42 now and daily for the last ~year
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#10]

@redfish86 yeah I'm not sure I'll buy it, but for the last like 3 years I've been thinking really a lot about a gold watch. I like the Rolex but not the cyclops, and I want a watch that's not something stupid blingy, which I know is totally incongruous

that said the street price of their BB gold (without the bracelet) is under 10k, so I bet this drops down. I'd rock a gold tudor if the style was right, wearing a Pelagos 42 now and daily for the last ~year
View Quote

I have an S&G GMT.  It’s just enough bling for me at this point but I, too, would like a gold watch one day.  I’ve been embracing my advancing age of late.  I even got a cardigan!  
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By redfish86:

I have an S&G GMT.  It’s just enough bling for me at this point but I, too, would like a gold watch one day.  I’ve been embracing my advancing age of late.  I even got a cardigan!  
View Quote

@redfish86 how do you like the S&G? I liked the look of a few I've seen (not the chrono) but was partially put off by capped instead of solid. Price is way better, but part of me thinks if I'm going to go for it, I should really go for it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#12]

@redfish86 how do you like the S&G? I liked the look of a few I've seen (not the chrono) but was partially put off by capped instead of solid. Price is way better, but part of me thinks if I'm going to go for it, I should really go for it.
View Quote

I really like it

It was a wedding gift from my wife so I’ll certainly not complain, but I was surprised when I learned the bracelet links are capped.

Attachment Attached File

Here it is enjoying Lake Como

Attachment Attached File

And here on the Italian Riviera

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:12:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: P229SAS] [#13]
Tudor needs to ditch the fake rivets on the bracelet, and I am not sure about the gold/fake patina look. I think if they did white it would be an epic Tudor rendition of a coke gmt.

Edit: The above pictures look nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top