Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:34:49 AM EDT
[#1]
What is this word "transient" that you say?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:44:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Transient?

Down here we call them homeless hobo bums.
View Quote

With a skateboard?  

Down here we call them punk douchebags!

OP, I’m betting that skateboard is the only thing that douchebag actually gives a shit about in life. Fuck it up good and hang it high at the entrance to your property. Regardless, be prepared for the d-bag to return, perhaps with d-bag “friends”.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:52:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:01:29 AM EDT
[#4]
A whole lot of WTF in this story.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:24:43 AM EDT
[#5]
must be a night for it. I had one of the local creatures of the night go through my car tonight ten feet from the back door of the restaurant where drivers come in and out all night long.

I don't bother locking the doors because I've found that they just smash the windows. Trouble was, in this instance, I had a revolver in my dog walking coat on the floor in the black seat. And I mean the sort of shitty, raggedy coat that the bums throw away when they steal better coats. As evidenced by the fact that he threw the coat away halfway down the parking lot. I have no idea why he even grabbed it. There was no way of knowing what was in the pocket. He also stole both of my work jackets and a 12 pack of ramen. I kid you not.

It was the ramen that helped us figure out when he did it so we could look at the video with the cops. Otherwise, we'd have been at it all night and maybe not found the right spot.

Going by the video, the guy came around from behind the grocery store that's in the same plaza, wearing full woodland camo gortex, and a mask. rolled right up to the back window of the pizza joint. I was standing right there as he came up, and somewhere between when he passed out of view of the camera and came up to the door, he'd taken the mask off.

He asked for food through the door. We've had a couple of guys in the past month or so run right at the doors, so they stay locked now. I told him no and watched him ride off.

Couple of minutes later, he swings back by and does a door check on my car, and my car only. Weird, since I'm driving a twenty year old shitbox and there were two nearly new cars in the lot. He never went near either of them. He rode away.

Ten minutes later, he swings back around, goes off camera, and reappears on foot, just strolling like he hasn't got a care in the world. (at which point one of the cops says, holy shit, it was the fucker on the bike) Goes through the car pretty thoroughly, takes his time. Saw him grab up the two work coats ($120 worth out of my own pocket), but didn't actually see him grab the ragged coat. and off he goes, no hurries, no worries.

Literally two minutes later, I came out the back door on my way home. That's how close I came to catching the fucker in my car. Two minutes by the surveillance video time stamps.

I saw my ragged coat (although I didn't realize it was mine in the dark) laying dead in the middle of the drive and went past it. I figured the guy had dropped it, but was thinking more along the lines of bait than dropping ill-gotten goods. I didn't make the connection until I was clean across town and stopped to get gas. I opened the back door to grab the coat and it wasn't there. FUCK!

So, now I'm out the work coats, I'm out the revolver, the flashlight that was in the other pocket, and a job, because having a gun in the car is an automatic firing offense. Unofficially, nobody cares so long as nobody officially knows its there. But now there's a police report, so, I guess I'm on the beach.

This guy was through that parking lot three times in an hour, bold as brass. Didn't care if I saw his face close up without a mask, and was casual as hell the whole time under lights. And normally, he'd have not a care in the world. In fact, if he'd left the pistol in the coat when he dumped it, he probably still wouldn't. CPD wouldn't go out of their way. But they seemed quite interested, if you know what I mean, since he took the gun.

Anybody in the Cheyenne, Wyoming area, check the hometown forum. I'm posting a reward. I should have screen caps from the video, although they're pretty shitty. Still, maybe somebody will recognize him. If he's a local, I'mma find him.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Freakin Colorado. Saw a bunch of them freaks up there. And I’m guessing you’re out in the country which sucks because it means they’re everywhere. They need to get dealt with for that crap or they’ll never leave.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:30:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
must be a night for it. I had one of the local creatures of the night go through my car tonight ten feet from the back door of the restaurant where drivers come in and out all night long.

I don't bother locking the doors because I've found that they just smash the windows. Trouble was, in this instance, I had a revolver in my dog walking coat on the floor in the black seat. And I mean the sort of shitty, raggedy coat that the bums throw away when they steal better coats. As evidenced by the fact that he threw the coat away halfway down the parking lot. I have no idea why he even grabbed it. There was no way of knowing what was in the pocket. He also stole both of my work jackets and a 12 pack of ramen. I kid you not.

It was the ramen that helped us figure out when he did it so we could look at the video with the cops. Otherwise, we'd have been at it all night and maybe not found the right spot.

Going by the video, the guy came around from behind the grocery store that's in the same plaza, wearing full woodland camo gortex, and a mask. rolled right up to the back window of the pizza joint. I was standing right there as he came up, and somewhere between when he passed out of view of the camera and came up to the door, he'd taken the mask off.

He asked for food through the door. We've had a couple of guys in the past month or so run right at the doors, so they stay locked now. I told him no and watched him ride off.

Couple of minutes later, he swings back by and does a door check on my car, and my car only. Weird, since I'm driving a twenty year old shitbox and there were two nearly new cars in the lot. He never went near either of them. He rode away.

Ten minutes later, he swings back around, goes off camera, and reappears on foot, just strolling like he hasn't got a care in the world. (at which point one of the cops says, holy shit, it was the fucker on the bike) Goes through the car pretty thoroughly, takes his time. Saw him grab up the two work coats ($120 worth out of my own pocket), but didn't actually see him grab the ragged coat. and off he goes, no hurries, no worries.

Literally two minutes later, I came out the back door on my way home. That's how close I came to catching the fucker in my car. Two minutes by the surveillance video time stamps.

I saw my ragged coat (although I didn't realize it was mine in the dark) laying dead in the middle of the drive and went past it. I figured the guy had dropped it, but was thinking more along the lines of bait than dropping ill-gotten goods. I didn't make the connection until I was clean across town and stopped to get gas. I opened the back door to grab the coat and it wasn't there. FUCK!

So, now I'm out the work coats, I'm out the revolver, the flashlight that was in the other pocket, and a job, because having a gun in the car is an automatic firing offense. Unofficially, nobody cares so long as nobody officially knows its there. But now there's a police report, so, I guess I'm on the beach.

This guy was through that parking lot three times in an hour, bold as brass. Didn't care if I saw his face close up without a mask, and was casual as hell the whole time under lights. And normally, he'd have not a care in the world. In fact, if he'd left the pistol in the coat when he dumped it, he probably still wouldn't. CPD wouldn't go out of their way. But they seemed quite interested, if you know what I mean, since he took the gun.

Anybody in the Cheyenne, Wyoming area, check the hometown forum. I'm posting a reward. I should have screen caps from the video, although they're pretty shitty. Still, maybe somebody will recognize him. If he's a local, I'mma find him.
View Quote

Your misery isn't over, because now some of the GD judges are gonna dick with you about leaving a gun in your car to get stolen.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:38:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh fuck, they would be going off all the time.  Lot's of animals around here.
Besides we were next door.  There were 7 vehicles here at the time.  He didn't
give a fuck if he got caught or not.
I will see him around this neighborhood soon.  This was broad fucking daylight and
I have tons of video of him, his clothes, his walk.  He was wearing a pull up gator over
his nose.
View Quote

He was watching you and knew you went next door.
You need some dogs OP.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He was watching you and knew you went next door.
You need some dogs OP.
View Quote

I thought I remember reading that he had four dogs.

Edit: Yes.

"We have 4 dogs, two of which would tear into someone."

LOL - part of the WTF with this story.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Your misery isn't over, because now some of the GD judges are gonna dick with you about leaving a gun in your car to get stolen.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. He left a gun in an unlocked car to get stolen. It’s pretty fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I bet the dogs were busy hanging out at the BBQ waiting for a handout.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No. He left a gun in an unlocked car to get stolen. It’s pretty fucking stupid.
View Quote

"She shouldn't dress like that, she was asking for it."
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm sure. Truth is, whether I lock it or not is a tossup. Used to lock it religiously, but I kept coming out and finding windows smashed, and those fuckers add up, even back when it was only $35 or so at the junkyard. So I just got in the habit of not leaving valuables in it, like San Franciscans.

But GD misery is something that just rolls off my back. My misery is going to come from having to rustle up a new job just as cold weather is hitting, or if somebody does something bad with the pistol.

I took a couple of laps around the area kind of on the lookout, but there were something like 6 cop cars in the area, so I figured it best to roll on down the road. Don't want them to think I'm hunting the guy or anything.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No. He left a gun in an unlocked car to get stolen. It's pretty fucking stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. He left a gun in an unlocked car to get stolen. It's pretty fucking stupid.
Right on schedule.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:55:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You were next door in the "club house"? Is this a gated/HOA type setup? LoL ranch.
View Quote

It's actually called the "tack room".  A place for members to congregate, it has a kitchen and a bar.
Not sure what the big fucking deal is about me calling it a ranch...it's a fucking ranch.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What is this word "transient" that you say?
View Quote

It was in the thread title, I try not to piss of Mods with Fucker, Cocksucker and piece of shit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's actually called the "tack room".  A place for members to congregate, it has a kitchen and a bar.
Not sure what the big fucking deal is about me calling it a ranch...it's a fucking ranch.
View Quote

No, it's not a fucking ranch by anyone's definition other than your own. And it's certainly not a "working ranch" as you characterized it. But, if you want it to be a ranch, you can call it a ranch.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

The dogs were in the house, they don't have free reign of the property.
They have a backyard but weren't out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Reminds me of a home invasion near me where the perp got ventilated.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:17:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, it's not a fucking ranch by anyone's definition other than your own. And it's certainly not a "working ranch" as you characterized it. But, if you want it to be a ranch, you can call it a ranch.
View Quote

What do you call a place with equines, barns, pastures, tack rooms, tractors and 50 tons of hay?  Seriously smart ass.
Fucking GD never ceases to amaze me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don’t think it’s a livestock business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m guessing this isn’t the kind of ranch that I know. Where do you live OP

I don’t think it’s a livestock business.

Duh, OP already mentioned his cats.  He is cat ranching.  Read people, it’s all right there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What do you call a place with equines, barns, pastures, tack rooms, tractors and 50 tons of hay?  Seriously smart ass.
View Quote

I would call that a hobby farm, or stables, but you call it whatever you want. It really doesn't matter what you call it, because it's not important to the story. Your property was invaded and you were a victim of theft, so not a big deal if you want to call it a ranch. Good luck figuring something out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like you need to do some "ranching" shit.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Start digging a deep hole OP.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s a troll.

Only thing he’s good for.

Just ignore him or block him. Or just roll your eyes and move on.

He’s the epitome of the old Brad Paisley song “Online”
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I would call that a hobby farm, or stables, but you call it whatever you want. It really doesn't matter what you call it, because it's not important to the story. Your property was invaded and you were a victim of theft, so not a big deal if you want to call it a ranch. Good luck figuring something out.
View Quote

It really doesn't matter what you call it, because it's not important to the story. Your property was invaded and you were a victim of theft,

There you go, yet some members want to bust my balls about it, including you.  Pretty fucking petty actually.  At least you recognize
the bottom line of the story.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Wtf is a loafing shed and do you live on a baseball field? Clubhouse?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I meant it was a mute point about getting my surveillance hooked to internet.  Trust me, we are on high
alert.  The GF is quite proficient with a firearm.  We have 4 dogs, two of which would tear into someone.
No not taking this lightly.  
I think I am going to set up some trip wires to an alarm.  To top it off we have 3 bears that are on the
property quite a bit
so maybe I can scare them off too.
View Quote

Tie perp to tree…coat with honey…problem solved…problem staying solved….
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like horse stables or maybe a hobby farm. 50 ton of hay is only 2 semi loads.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wtf is a loafing shed and do you live on a baseball field? Clubhouse?
View Quote

3 sided shed, no baseball but I do use the pasture as a driving range.

Now that we have beat the shit out of the definition of a small ranch, you want
to define a Clubhouse?
A place for socializing by a club.  It has a commercial kitchen a bar
and holds many private events.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Doors should not require locks.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A sap would come in handy here.
View Quote

Nope. OP's perp is now armed with a Gamo air rifle. He might catch a pellet before he can sap the guy

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#36]
1) it would piss me off quite a bit to find a stranger  poking around my property.

2) that person taking my stuff would crank me up quite a bit more.

3) finding out that turd is doing this stuff while there are obviously multiple folks around indicating to me that turd thinks he can somehow handle things if he comes face to face with someone would really light my fire.

This is way more than petty theft .

I am not at all sure how much effort local cops might put into this situation ,not sure how I would handle things .

I would for sure tune up my surveillance equipment.

I am thinking getting even with said turd would not be worth risking my freedom.

One of the issues when you have a standoff of property owner against a creepy turd is the turds have plenty of free time (as they mostly don't work) to think up ways to  mess with property owner.

I do agree with the folks here that think the turd will return .
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Can't think of anything that would piss me off more than watching video of someone trespass, go through my stuff and stealing it.   Except maybe having to watch video of somebody fucking with my family and not being able to do anything about it.  

Anyway don't do anything stupid or illegal no matter how satisfying it might seem.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
1) it would piss me off quite a bit to find a stranger  poking around my property.

2) that person taking my stuff would crank me up quite a bit more.

3) finding out that turd is doing this stuff while there are obviously multiple folks around indicating to me that turd thinks he can somehow handle things if he comes face to face with someone would really light my fire.

This is way more than petty theft .

I am not at all sure how much effort local cops might put into this situation ,not sure how I would handle things .

I would for sure tune up my surveillance equipment.

I am thinking getting even with said turd would not be worth risking my freedom.

One of the issues when you have a standoff of property owner against a creepy turd is the turds have plenty of free time (as they mostly don't work) to think up ways to  mess with property owner.

I do agree with the folks here that think the turd will return .
View Quote

I found a straightened coat hanger out in the parking lot this morning.  This has prompted me
to file a report with the Sheriff.  Waiting to hear back from them now.  The cars are protected from
the one camera out front and the IR only works so well, so I didn't see anything on video from last
night but I only scanned a few hours from 8 to about 10.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Looks like you need to do some "ranching" shit.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Did not call the police, what are they going to do?
View Quote

Give you a papertrail if he returns and does something stupid. Maybe even give you the ability to recover stolen items found at a pawnshop in the future.

As far as actively trying to catch the perp, yah doubtful.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#42]
SSS

My ranch neighbors have a mini-excavator, we can be there in 2 hours.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Transient?

Down here we call them homeless hobo bums.
View Quote

"hobo bum" is an oxymoron.  Technically speaking, hobos work for a living.  Bums don't.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Get better cameras. Even the mid range Reolink systems can distinguish between animal and person these days.
View Quote

So you guys get alerts all day while people are working/walking around your own farm or ranch?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Your security cameras don't alert on motion?
View Quote

Note to self
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Check local pawn shop?
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top