Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/6/2022 10:20:44 AM EDT

The Sheriff's Office of Pasco County, Florida, harasses people in their own homes using a method they call "predictive policing." The program has unfolded like a dystopian nightmare for the Pasco County residents it has ensnared, who have been subjected to near-constant police surveillance and harassment. The Sheriff's Office claims the program's goal is to predict and prevent crime before it happens by targeting people they suspect may commit crimes in the future, dubbing the approach "intelligence-led policing." This euphemism may make it seem like there's thoughtfulness to the approach, but there's nothing fair or smart about it.

[BODYCAM] Watch Florida Sheriff Terrorize Families with Creepy Algorithm

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#2]
So, Minority Report?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, that's gonna work out well for someone.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like official oppression, to me.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Lawsuits: ACTIVATE!

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Social scoring system
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Jesus christ, they were straight up fucking the guy at 8:30 in the ass.    

I mean, hand out all the chickenshit citations you want, it won't make your dick grow any bigger.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
“Oh, you lookin’ for a criminal?  Criminal here now.”

(Loads AR10)
View Quote

I mean, really.  That is a GREAT way to get your officers shot.  And I don't mean that like a hot-headed or flippant retort.  I mean it like, I imagine myself in that situation; I know I haven't committed any crimes nor am I going to.  So naturally I'll assume this person is an impostor trying to invade my home, we'll argue, things will escalate and I'll be forced to defend myself from this home invader with deadly force.

Really fucking stupid way to get cops and innocent people killed.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Want to bet that a particular race is not in line with statistics in regards to the implementation of this program?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:50:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I mean, really.  That is a GREAT way to get your officers shot.  And I don't mean that like a hot-headed or flippant retort.  I mean it like, I imagine myself in that situation; I know I haven't committed any crimes nor am I going to.  So naturally I'll assume this person is an impostor trying to invade my home, we'll argue, things will escalate and I'll be forced to defend myself from this home invader with deadly force.

Really fucking stupid way to get cops and innocent people killed.
View Quote

Anyone that willingly partakes in that deserves to get shot
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Why do LEO continually do this shit?

seems 60% or more of LEO are little fucking armed tyrants.

it sucks
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#12]
If I was on the jury. I would award so much money the county would go broke.
Along with the most severe punishment possible for every officer involved.

That shit  right there is how you trigger someone to go postal on LE.
Surprised no one was lying in wait armed for their next harassment session.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Bob Marley - I Shot The Sheriff (Studio Version)
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Want to bet that a particular race is not in line with statistics in regards to the implementation of this program?
View Quote

That would be a bingo.  If they targeted a protected class, the screeching from the media would be a deafening roar.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If I was on the jury. I would award so much money the county would go broke.
Along with the most severe punishment possible for every officer involved.

That shit  right there is how you trigger someone to go postal on LE.
Surprised no one was lying in wait armed for their next harassment session.
View Quote

Yep.  Came to post this.

Malicious enforcement.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I wonder if there is more to this story?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The Sheriff's Office of Pasco County, Florida, harasses people in their own homes using a method they call "predictive policing." The program has unfolded like a dystopian nightmare for the Pasco County residents it has ensnared, who have been subjected to near-constant police surveillance and harassment. The Sheriff's Office claims the program's goal is to predict and prevent crime before it happens by targeting people they suspect may commit crimes in the future, dubbing the approach "intelligence-led policing." This euphemism may make it seem like there's thoughtfulness to the approach, but there's nothing fair or smart about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd_YfwoVaEg
View Quote

LOL! Scare quotes. 5 second snippets of bodycam without any complete footage or context, and outright lies:

I know reading is hard for GD, but here is the entire manual, in context.

https://cryptome.org/2021/06/ilp_manual012918.pdf
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Who at that department thought this program was a good idea and never thought the department was going to get sued?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like a good way to get people shot.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

it sucks
View Quote

Oh come on, we know why.

Two reasons:

- They're dickheads and get off on it

and/or

- Anyone under a certain level of intelligence is susceptible to lacking sufficient ethical and moral nuance to understand that just because someone made a rule and told them to go enforce it, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

LOL! Scare quotes. 5 second snippets of bodycam without any complete footage or context, and outright lies:

View Quote
Watch the video?  
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

Pickles works there?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Funny thing is……there are members on this site who are applauding this!

Ya gotta break the law to enforce the law!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank God those shitheads have immunity for their actions
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Whatever happens to those cunts next house they knock on they deserve.  I hope they find a criminal that isn't afraid to take care of the situation.  Shit is infuriating.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Who at that department thought this program was a good idea and never thought the department was going to get sued?
View Quote

They don’t give a shit if the department gets sued the taxpayers will pay, take away their immunity and let their assets be on the line.  The bullshit will stop.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:05:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Watch the video?  
View Quote

Yep. The video is 5 second clips cut up for effect by activists for effect on youtube.

Did you read the entire manual that I posted?

Nope. Because you didn't have enough time to do so.

By the way, perform a criminal records search for "innocent" HEILMAN, TAMMY LYNNE.

https://www.pascoclerk.com/172/Search-Court-Records

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#29]
If they weren't going to do anything they dont have anything they would have worried about later.

My head hurts

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wonder if there is more to this story?
View Quote

Either they did something that warrants arrest,

Or,

They deserve to be left the fuck alone.

What other part could there be?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found one of the deputies!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly. This will only be used as a means to hurt whites to make sure no one is disproportionately impacted.

They have tried these predictive algorithms before and every time they make an honest one it tells them what everyone already knows.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#36]
That sheriff created a special squad to do that stuff. I can say with 100% certainty that any deputy who would’ve said what they were doing isn’t right would never have been considered for that squad.
Those type squads, task forces and teams are always staffed with aggressive mindless automatons who love to brag about their arrests and will do anything, I truly mean anything to avoid being kicked off the team and sent back to Patrol with the guys they feel superior to.

They’re not going back to midnights so fuck your rights.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#37]
If they’ve got time for that level of bullshit, either their crime rate is really low and/or they have too many personnel on the payroll and they are doing it just justify the manpower. Seems like this sheriff needs his budget cut at a minimum.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yep. The video is 5 second clips cut up for effect by activists for effect on youtube.

By the way, perform a criminal records search for "innocent" HEILMAN, TAMMY LYNNE.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif
View Quote

the manual is irrelevant.  If the person is not being sought for a crime they are genuinely suspected of committing, then police have no business contacting them.  Your faith in institutions and disdain for liberty is very disconcerting and your myopic defense of tyrannical practices like this only serves to enflame negativity toward police in general.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

it sucks
View Quote

This sounds like a shitty job of questionable virtue.  If you’re harassing these people, you’re harassing a bunch of folks who live nearby.  ACLU would have been in on one before.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#40]
The needle dick officers seem like they enjoy harassing citizens. It is amazing how a badge turns people into some type of Nazi.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Social scoring system
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#42]
It's probably because they've been infected with mind worms from these snails.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/florida-town-faces-quarantine-as-giant-african-land-snails-invade
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL. I guess the TBL forms here.

I really don't give a fuck what happened before or after the cop citing the man because his grass is too long and his trailers aren't on the correct side of his property.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Disparate impact modification/ leveling is possible. They've implemented it in .edu.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:20:22 AM EDT
[#45]
that is the exact same shit they are doing in china. if it saves just one life...
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif
View Quote

I saw 2 moving citations and 9 criminal citations

I'm not real impressed with her record,  is there more I'm missing?  If so please list it, thanks
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#47]
I didn’t watch but I’m guessing it’s a typical probation or parole check with a fancy name.

Crooks should be in prison but are released signing something saying they will be good and are subject to random search.

Sorry they aren’t getting any sympathy from me these are the assholes breaking into my truck and garage and steal tools from the jobsite
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Found one of the deputies!
View Quote

Hey man.  Broken window policing.  If the cops can't surround your home because your kid skipped school and write you a ticket for having a light partially obscuring your house number and having a dandelion in your yard, then you must be a goddamn anarchist.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Social scoring system
View Quote

china, here we come
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Assholes harassing crooks families.

The system is broken.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top