Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#1]
People need to understand that when they tote a smartphone, they have a 1984 vidscreen on steroids in their pocket. It knows where it is at all times and quite a bit about what's going on around it if anyone is interested. It can't do the things that you like it to do without that information. So any sort of privacy/security shit has to be ex post facto in nature.  The phone itself to function has an absolute need to know.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:25:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

so.. what exactly is sold form 'tower data'? cops gotta get a warrant to get that data, (your unique system id and where it was etc). so you are saying this same data is available for sale?

prove it... its a  fun conspiracy to masturbate to... but anyway...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

The towers know and their data is sold on and resold.

so.. what exactly is sold form 'tower data'? cops gotta get a warrant to get that data, (your unique system id and where it was etc). so you are saying this same data is available for sale?

prove it... its a  fun conspiracy to masturbate to... but anyway...

Cops have to get a warrant because the cops are with the government and constitution privacy shit only applies to governments. You agreed to let the cell carrier know all your shit when you signed up. Cops don't need a warrant for it either if you just up and tell them they can know it. Kind of like they need a warrant or probable cause to search you car, too, except if they ask if they can and you say yes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:55:35 AM EDT
[#4]
They also don't need a warrant to find out everything they want to know. They only need the warrant to introduce it legally as admissible evidence in a court. IE, they can find out where your phone was on day X at Y time, and use that that to get whatever, and as long as they never mention starting with your phone in official court, it's entirely irrelevant.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:14:52 AM EDT
[#5]
The only reason Ferguson would give a shit is if Microsoft paid him to file this suit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:47:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Listen to Robert Epstien on Joe Rogan that just came out this week.  Google is evil.  I'm sure his podcast is the reason Google is starting to get heat.  He's set up years long experiments to catch Google brainwashing people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let me guess, he's perfectly OK with publishing the names and address'
of CCW permit holders though?

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:29:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They also don't need a warrant to find out everything they want to know. They only need the warrant to introduce it legally as admissible evidence in a court. IE, they can find out where your phone was on day X at Y time, and use that that to get whatever, and as long as they never mention starting with your phone in official court, it's entirely irrelevant.
View Quote

"Parallel construction" By doing it that way, they don't have to reveal the original source of the information. We've had a few threads here about LE using "Stingray" devices to gather cell phone traffic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I had an ad for a replacement RV door latch pop up on a browser the other day.  I thought it was kinda weird and specific for an ad, but whatever.

The next day my sister told me she'd ordered (using HER computer not mine) a new RV door latch the day before.

Meh.  DGAF anymore, really.  We've probably all had microchips implanted by now anyway.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Secretly?

The fuckin worst kept secret ever then.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#11]
And the phone is always has the microphone ON
You can test by having it with you and talking about needing something, talk about something completely out of your lane. You will see advertising for said object or product in advertising on all the web sites you go to for a week.
I believe the NSA and other alphabet groups tap consumers tech to spy on Americans at will.
The alphabet agent groups have more ability to gather info on Americans with a smart phone than the KGB ever dreamed of.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top