Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2019 9:54:26 PM EDT
Pretty cool

Link Posted: 4/18/2019 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The Higgins landing Craft was designed by a Nebraskan and they erected a monument to him in his hometown.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks nice
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to buy a few rolls of them. Uncirculated. How do I do this? Local bank? Buy online?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I want that something fierce
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Ugly
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool. Something else to add to the "Quarters of the United States" map that I have. Available now?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#10]
This is $15

Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like I need to restart my quarter collection. (I have all 50 states plus a few of the ones after that.)

Both D and P
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#12]
We really shouldn't spend money on this shit.  Just keep the damn eagle on the back and send us a refund for the costs of doing a hundred fucking new quarter designs each year.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like I need to restart my quarter collection. (I have all 50 states plus a few of the ones after that.)

Both D and P
View Quote
i got an email from the mint saying that they're releasing some W quarters randomly into the mix
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We really shouldn't spend money on this shit.  Just keep the damn eagle on the back and send us a refund for the costs of doing a hundred fucking new quarter designs each year.
View Quote
you know they do more than actual pocket change, right?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Is it weird that they are both lefties?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
What about the full time engravers,we are paying them good money to engrave shit so they should engrave shit.

That pension is gonna be sweet though !
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are they making money off of it?  Like all these designs they are selling to collectors are they making money off it?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The Higgins landing Craft was designed by a Nebraskan and they erected a monument to him in his hometown.
View Quote
Columbus, Nebraska...........right?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

i got an email from the mint saying that they're releasing some W quarters randomly into the mix
View Quote
Lucky bastards who get those!
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:34:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s what google is saying
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That’s what google is saying
View Quote
I know it.  I've seen it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm on the U.S. Mint website right now. I never thought to go over there and buy my collectables. Right now I'm deciding which gold and silver coins I want to buy.

Plus I've already added a $2: 32-Note Sheet and a $1: 50-Note Sheet of uncut currency to my bag. I figure I'll probably drop about $800-900 tonight. That website
is fun to navigate. I feel like a kid in an expensive candy store.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm on the U.S. Mint website right now. I never thought to go over there and buy my collectables. Right now I'm deciding which gold and silver coins I want to buy.

Plus I've already added a $2: 32-Note Sheet and a $1: 50-Note Sheet of uncut currency to my bag. I figure I'll probably drop about $800-900 tonight. That website
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

many of the mint's products can be bought cheaper elsewhere, later.  somebody more knowledgeable than me will have to explain that better, though
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Looks like an Amtrak on the quarter.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:49:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Are they making money off of it?  Like all these designs they are selling to collectors are they making money off it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's the .gov so maybe not but if they were a private business they'd be making it hand over fist
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

it's the .gov so maybe not but if they were a private business they'd be making it hand over fist
View Quote
So its sucking up more revenue than its producing?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep, that's just exactly what i said
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
many of the mint's products can be bought cheaper elsewhere, later.  somebody more knowledgeable than me will have to explain that better, though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for the info. I'll go ahead and hold off on spending 1k until I learn a little more about how all this works. I'm still gonna buy a gold and silver coin though. I can't resist the urge.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is it weird that they are both lefties?
View Quote
I think they may not have thought of that ,on the die they would be right handed (I think).
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
They aren’t crazy expensive to make. We are already making new dies anyways because they only strike so many times before they wear out. We are just making a different design of replacement die that was going to be replaced anyways.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thank you for the info. I'll go ahead and hold off on spending 1k until I learn a little more about how all this works. I'm still gonna buy a gold and silver coin though. I can't resist the urge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

regular bullion is the biggest markup.  check jmbullion.com, apmex.com, providentmetals.com, etc... for the same thing before you buy
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 11:00:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Probably.

People buy this stuff for some reason.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/coins/commemoratives/
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

regular bullion is the biggest markup.  check jmbullion.com, apmex.com, providentmetals.com, etc... for the same thing before you buy
View Quote
Again, thank you very much. Cheers.  

eta - spelling
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:33:53 AM EDT
[#35]
The only commemorative coin I've ever bought.

Infantry Dollar proof

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:37:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Should have had this on it.

Top Top