Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1687
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Let's get that rumor mill pumping for Lomitif:

https://investorplace.com/2022/06/is-potential-tiktok-ban-next-big-catalyst-for-bbig-stock/

A Cynical Opportunity for BBIG Stock

The above matter isn’t the first time that TikTok aroused intense suspicions. When former President Donald Trump was in office, he signed a pair of executive orders designed to ban the platform in the U.S. As part of a solution, parent company ByteDance agreed to store all of TikTok’s user data on Oracle (NYSE:ORCL) cloud-based computer systems.

Given that most Americans are concerned about online privacy issues, TikTok’s threats to national security may be perceived as a grave dilemma.

Therefore, it’s not inconceivable that Vinco Ventures – and by logical deduction BBIG stock – could cynically benefit from the latest controversy. Vinco controls Lomotif, a video-sharing networking platform that competes against TikTok.

Investors Must Exercise Caution

Although the cynical narrative makes sense, it’s important for prospective investors to realize that businesses primarily succeed on their merits, not because of unusual and unforeseen headwinds against their competitors. Therefore, buying BBIG stock merely on potential legal issues with TikTok carries with it significant risks.

This one presaged the January FOMO frenzy.
https://investorplace.com/2022/01/bbig-stock-could-rebound-with-companys-tiktok-like-app/

By Louis Navellier and the InvestorPlace Research StaffJan 10, 2022, 11:20 am EDT

Quick: can you guess 2021’s most-visited website? Believe it or not, the answer is social media app TikTok. That’s an important point if you’re considering a position in New York-based Vinco Ventures (NASDAQ:BBIG), as a recovery for BBIG stock could depend on the success of a TikTok-like platform.

Just to get everyone caught up, Vinco is a company that seeks to buy, innovate, and grow tech-enhanced businesses. Vinco Ventures is in a transitional phase, as the board is changing the company’s name to ZASH.

It is a highly diversified business. For example, Vinco subsidiary Cryptyde recently launched a joint venture known as CW Machines LLC with cryptocurrency mining equipment and services provider Wattum Management.

There’s definitely a lot to unpack when it comes to Vinco Ventures. So, let’s start with some quick technical analysis to see if there’s a bargain to be had here.

Last year's version:
https://investorplace.com/2021/02/bbig-stock-10-things-to-know-about-tiktok-rival-vinco-ventures-amid-the-merger-news/

Merger target ZASH is set to acquire TikTok rival Lomotif
By William White, InvestorPlace Writer Feb 23, 2021, 11:57 am EDT

Vinco Ventures (NASDAQ:BBIG) is gearing up for a merger that will set it up as a rival to TikTok and shares of BBIG stock are dipping lower on Tuesday.

Here’s everything potential investors need to know about the company and its upcoming merger plans.

Last year's Reddit:

BBIG: The Next Tik Tok
https://www.reddit.com/r/pennystocks/comments/nvom6b/bbig_the_next_tik_tok/

This DD is a work in progress so bear with me.

Catalyst:

BBIG is currently undergoing a merger with Zash (who has a controlling stake in Lomotif). According to the latest update by the company, they anticipate that the Gemini Valuation Services will complete and present to Vinco an independent third party valuation on Zash on or before June 11th.

What is Zash:

The entertainment industry disrupter led by co-founders Ted Farnsworth, financier and former MoviePass Chairman, early Musical.ly (now TikTok) investor Jaeson Ma, and early Triller visionary and board member, Vincent Butta, has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a majority controlling interest in Lomotif Private Limited (“Lomotif”), the Singapore-based top video-sharing social networking platform and budding rival to TikTok, and Kuaishou

Why you should care: The valuation of ByteDance (which owns TikTok) came in at close to 250$ billion in the private market. Up from the previously listed 140$ billion.

BBIG currently trades at close to 120 million in market cap. If the Lomotif valuation comes even at a fraction of the Tik Tok valuation (and these high growth tech start ups tend to come with a bigger valuation) the upside potential has not even been close to realized. Even a billion dollar valuation (a shadow in comparison to TikTok) would be enough to 5-10x the stock price.

Where there's smoke, there's TikTokking fire:

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Technical Analysis in history:

BBIG dropped 40% in a week after this chart was posted. Oops.

BBIG Vinco Ventures the next TikTok???
CryptoFundManager
Oct 15, 2021

But this chart wasn't far off in predicting the January spike.
I might feel good if he posts another buy signal, or I might buy Calls AND Puts.

BBIG Vinco Ventures owns the new TikTok ??

CryptoFundManager
Jan 12, 2022
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Uh huh.  That train has left the station. They "on or abouted" themselves firmly into the ones.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1969GTX:

I held off on selling a call. The price was dropping fast across the board on Friday.
View Quote

Looks like it may keep tanking. I sold mine for January to give me a nice hedge.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 6:58:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#6]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Looks like it may keep tanking. I sold mine for January to give me a nice hedge.
View Quote

I thought selling BBIG January puts gave me a nice hedge. .95-1.00 for $2 puts and 3.05 for $4.50 puts.
Never expected the 4.50s to have an exercise value of 2.99 within a month after I sold them.
When I sold them, TYDEV was trading above $10.

However, AMD/MU/NVDA are a whole lot less likely to suffer massive declines than BBIG/MVIS/SENS.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 7:16:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#7]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

I thought selling BBIG January puts gave me a nice hedge. .95-1.00 for $2 puts and 3.05 for $4.50 puts.
Never expected the 4.50s to have an exercise value of 2.99 within a month after I sold them.
When I sold them, TYDEV was trading above $10.

However, AMD/MU/NVDA are a whole lot less likely to suffer massive declines than BBIG/MVIS/SENS.
View Quote

About that.
Attachment Attached File

But in long run they will probably pop back up.

Going to start picking up some MU. It's PE is way better than AMD.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I was thinking of massive being more than 50%, but if you go to last year's peak, AMD has done that, hasn't it?
I didn't realize AMD had gone from 105 to 70 while BBIG was going from 3.50 to 1.50.
My first tech options play was in MU, buying $40 calls in 1995 or so. Back when a 8MB memory stick was over $100.
It split in 2000, so $40 then was like $20 now, ignoring dividends (rare) and inflation.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 11:43:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#9]
What in tardation is this??

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2022/07/next-up-wv-vs-sec.html

West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey ain't through with you, Brandon. After spanking the EPA in the Supreme Court, 6-3, the AG is taking on the Securities and Exchange Commission for going beyond its congressional mandate by imposing carbon dioxide controls on every publicly held company in the country.

The SEC proposed a ream of rules (literally as it is 500 pages long) called the Enhancement and Standardization of Climate-Related Disclosures for Investors.

It is garbage.

Congress created the SEC to protect investors from market manipulation. Nearly 100 years later, Brandon is using the SEC to manipulate the market and drive coal companies out of business.

The SEC will be another pelt next to the EPA's scalp.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:43:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I was thinking of massive being more than 50%, but if you go to last year's peak, AMD has done that, hasn't it?
I didn't realize AMD had gone from 105 to 70 while BBIG was going from 3.50 to 1.50.
My first tech options play was in MU, buying $40 calls in 1995 or so. Back when a 8MB memory stick was over $100.
It split in 2000, so $40 then was like $20 now, ignoring dividends (rare) and inflation.
View Quote

It's lost about 56% of it's value since the peak. Pretty bad if you got in at the top.  I didn't do that thankfully.  I guess it could lose another 56% though. But im going to keep buying if it does that. People will be buying computers and things to play video games on if they can't afford to go anywhere.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#11]

West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey ain't through with you, Brandon. After spanking the EPA in the Supreme Court, 6-3, the AG is taking on the Securities and Exchange Commission for going beyond its congressional mandate by imposing carbon dioxide controls on every publicly held company in the country.

The SEC proposed a ream of rules (literally as it is 500 pages long) called the Enhancement and Standardization of Climate-Related Disclosures for Investors.

It is garbage.

Congress created the SEC to protect investors from market manipulation. Nearly 100 years later, Brandon is using the SEC to manipulate the market and drive coal companies out of business.

View Quote

Little lefties trying to create their Utopia on earth have infiltrated most every level of most everything.   No surprise that anyplace they find themselves with the power to control others, that they do so with exhuberance.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:00:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#12]

It's lost about 56% of it's value since the peak. Pretty bad if you got in at the top.  I didn't do that thankfully.  I guess it could lose another 56% though. But im going to keep buying if it does that. People will be buying computers and things to play video games on if they can't afford to go anywhere.
View Quote

Last summer I thought things were out of whack when INTC was $50 and AMD was $110.
AMD had gotten way ahead of INTC in the PC market, but INTC's 11th gen CPUs were pretty darn good, just on a larger architecture. So I thought INTC's market value would start catching up. But they've both taken a giant dump in the spring of 2022.
Just doing their part to help ^NDX go down. Think it'll finally go under 11k this week? With the tech stalwarts finding new lows, it's easy to see why the speculative tech stocks are cast aside.

Another wonderful premarket.
QQQ -1%
MVIS -1%
SENS -2%
BBIG -4%
TYDE -6%
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks like another very red day.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#14]

It is garbage.

View Quote

Glad the WV AG has a set, the SEC is way out of line by getting involved in the climate change hoax.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#15]
JFC what a great way to start the short week...getting pounded into the ground.  Nasdaq below 11k and falling. Bbag shooting for a buck.

Mavis is still green in this shitty market.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#16]
What's driving MVIS this morning?  Up over 6%!
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#17]
MVIS up - $4.22 on heavy volume
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#18]
So I finally got sick of BBIG's shit and sold it all and the 12 shares of TYDE I had in my Etrade Roth IRA. Now my account shows 12 Tyde and -12 TYDE. Wtf is going on with that?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
View Quote

MVIS is now a “safe haven”!!  🤠
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:38:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#20]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

Yes.  It's a defensive stock -  like Macdonalds
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By waldershrek:
So I finally got sick of BBIG's shit and sold it all and the 12 shares of TYDE I had in my Etrade Roth IRA. Now my account shows 12 Tyde and -12 TYDE. Wtf is going on with that?
View Quote

It will disappear from your account on or about July 8th.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#22]
And I missed an AMD rally to sell a call. Punched in my limit one cent over ask, hit submit and watched the price start to fall. Rally over.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 1969GTX:
And I missed an AMD rally to sell a call. Punched in my limit one cent over ask, hit submit and watched the price start to fall. Rally over.
View Quote

I bought a call on the dip and sold one when it went up a bit. Doing pretty good right now on them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:10:40 AM EDT
[#24]
As much as I hate stock twits, there's been a few mentions that currently there are zero shares available to short with mvis.... does that actually mean anything?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#25]
I have been watching the % of institutional ownership.  I would have expected it to change up or down at some point but it has stayed at 29.85% for quite some time now.  

Outside if short and dark pool ownership, is this a point that is important to anyone?

I don’t have much confidence that has any level of accuracy. It may lag with quarterly reporting or required public statements of ownership.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
As much as I hate stock twits, there's been a few mentions that currently there are zero shares available to short with mvis.... does that actually mean anything?
View Quote

Last info from iborrowdesk.com says fees hit 30% and available was 6k on 6/29; that's highest fees in a year.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:38:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#27]
View Quote

Good question. A Reddit poster named T_Delo does a weird trading summation every day that has a lot of fans. I rarely read it, but glanced at it this morning to see if he shed any light. He didn't...but here are his numbers. I still tend to think of what's reported on the short side as being complete smoke and mirrors.

"Shares “available” to borrow from the IBKR as of ~7am this morning were at 0 with a last updated fee rate of ~30.55%. Volumes sold short last trading session were 725,155 of the 1,254,398 total reported, below the average at 57.81% of that volume. Off exchange volumes were 644,141 (38.42%) while regular exchanges were 1,032,475 (61.58%). Total volumes traded for the day were 1,844,563 shares, which was 63% of the average daily volume traded in the past month. Fidelity showed 0 shares available to borrow around ~7am this morning, with a fee rate of 17.5%."

Lots of hedgies would appear to be playing with fire. Sometimes I wonder if they even track the business developments of the companies they short, or it's all a computer pattern based on volatility...though the high borrow fee might reflect the inherent risk of an upside surprise?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Alright, dammit, which one of you is doing this? Not helping my round-out buy

Only sort of kidding...
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Only sort of kidding...
View Quote

Interesting day for sure
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Bought a futures call pretty much at the bottom. Decided not to get gready got out when it was up about 300%  now it's up near 600%  
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Bought a futures call pretty much at the bottom. Decided not to get gready got out when it was up about 300%  now it's up near 600%  
View Quote

Futures call on MVIS?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Torts:

Futures call on MVIS?
View Quote

On S&P. MVIS doesn't have futures.

But if you're really crazy BTC does.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 4:00:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#33]
Attachment Attached File

Yep, should have held on a little longer. I had a feeling the market would go green.

Picked up 100 shares of MU and sold a January call.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#34]
When did EUR last equal USD?
Been sitting around 1.04-1.06 all year, now it's 1.026 today, down 0.015. Two more days like today and it'll be equal. I seem to remember it being about 1.20 10-15 years ago, which is where GBP is now.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/EURUSD%3DX?p=EURUSD%3DX
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Surprised with MVIS today
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Only sort of kidding...
View Quote

Based on recent history, tomorrow morning should see a reversal before creeping back up in the afternoon. Of course this is MVIS we’re talking about so who knows?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#37]
When did EUR last equal USD?
Been sitting around 1.04-1.06 all year, now it's 1.026 today, down 0.015. Two more days like today and it'll be equal. I seem to remember it being about 1.20 10-15 years ago, which is where GBP is now.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/EURUSD%3DX?p=EURUSD%3DX
View Quote

Fine with me. I leave for Spain in a week to get my daughter settled in for her Masters degree in Salamanca
Means tuition,housing etc all just got cheaper
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Zomedica Corp NYSE American: ZOM

Postmarket  
Last Trade
   $0.283

Change Since Close
   0.063 (28.64%)

Bid

Ask

B/A Size
   14200x1100
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Zomedica Corp NYSE American: ZOM

Postmarket  
Last Trade
   $0.283

Change Since Close
   0.063 (28.64%)

Bid

Ask

B/A Size
   14200x1100
View Quote

Fuck ZOM
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Only sort of kidding...
View Quote

If AC was still hanging around here you'd get a dick punch for your troubles.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

It did go up $0.44 on no news today.  Might be something to it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:02:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Total53] [#42]
Hopium abounds,

LinkedIn post must log in to see

Better Link Mavis website

By Sumit Sharma, CEO of MicroVision
“Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.” That quote from Jonathan Swift rings especially true after reading the NHTSA’s most recent report on crashes involving vehicles equipped with SAE Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. This report highlights the need for both the clearer reporting of data as well as the continued development of leading-edge ADAS features to avoid collisions and improve safety. True vision, in the case of enabling ADAS tech, requires vehicles to be able to “see” in real-time and enable vehicles to take rapid, proactive action faster than a human ever could. That’s a tall order for camera-based systems, as we can see from the report.

Cameras are not enough.
Data from the NHTSA report indicated that many of the reported crashes involved camera-only technology, illustrating that cameras are simply not enough. Just because cameras have been popularized through extensive use in early electric vehicles doesn’t mean they should be the standard. Cameras, for their low-cost and smaller size, simply don't provide the same level of data, range, and resolution that a lidar solution does. They simply don’t deliver on the promise of safety that drivers need and expect. Here are some issues that arise from using a camera-only system:
Camera-only systems are limited with a two-dimensional view in a three-dimensional world
Camera-only systems fail at highway speeds
Camera-only systems have difficulty performing in rain and fog
Camera-only systems are unreliable in changing lighting conditions
Current camera module technology is not suitable for long ranges and wide fields of view
Camera-only systems require a lot of training on object classification and require significant computing power
Camera-only systems lose track of moving objects on the road, for instance, when a vehicle becomes obscured or changes lanes

Lidar makes the invisible visible.
The very nature of lidar excels at making the invisible visible because it can “see” further, faster, and in real-time. A lidar system sends out laser pulses and then processes that information to “see” obstacles, pedestrians, other vehicles, and more—providing a vehicle’s ADAS with near-instant readings for distance and object measurements. As important as dynamic range and measurement, lidar systems perform more accurate three-dimensional mapping of a vehicle’s surroundings and process this information quickly and predictably. And lidar works well in different lighting conditions, even in direct sunlight and complete darkness, while also accurately evaluating distance regardless of road composition.
In addition to three-dimensional mapping, dynamic range, and lighting conditions, we know that lidar has the edge in terms of performance in many of the scenarios in which camera-only systems struggle.

Lidar provides:
Instant velocity of moving objects not only in relation to the vehicle but objects around it
An ultra-high-resolution point cloud showing drivable and non-drivable areas of the road ahead without needing to classify objects
Dynamic views at high speeds
Consistently faster response times
Perfecting the art of vision.
Perfecting the art of vision for ADAS systems, whether for Level 2 ADAS or autonomous vehicles, will require a solution that utilizes cameras, radar, and lidar. It’ll be a solution that enables dynamic view at high speeds—one that covers short-, medium- and long-range views to produce an ultra-high-resolution point cloud showing drivable and non-drivable areas of the road ahead. And it’ll be one that enables ADAS systems to respond more quickly and to take action every single time, no matter the lighting, weather conditions, or speed.

Future NHTSA reports will hopefully reflect accurate and useful data that can be used to create safer, higher performing technology to enable ADAS systems and features. And when ready to deploy, autonomous driving tech’s AI will require multiple data points from not just cameras but from lidar and radar in order to make the best decisions. For now, the takeaway from this report reflects what MicroVision has always believed—that the safest, most accurate, and highest performing ADAS needs an exceptional lidar system in place to guarantee a full and complete picture of the road ahead at highway speeds and in all weather conditions.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:24:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#44]
Sold $1.50 7/15 BBIG calls Thursday for  $10 a contract.  

Bought them back today for $3.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Total53:

https://media.giphy.com/media/vIka9RbQ5VYbu/giphy.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Total53:

Only sort of kidding...

https://media.giphy.com/media/vIka9RbQ5VYbu/giphy.gif

I still lurk occasionally.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:30:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Sumit flexing. Something has to give. Cmon man!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#48]
A nice green week would be cool. I would love to burn some theta on all the calls I've wrote.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 7:30:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Come on Mabel!! You can do eeeeeeit.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Sumit needed to get that off his chest.
Page / 1687
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top