Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1689
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

How low do you see it going? Back into the $1-$5 range?

I can dump out with a small profit now and buy back on a major dip. This is in my IRA, so not money I'm looking to withdraw for another 15-20 years. I need to make some good profits to recover from the financial devastation of cancer. I know that will entail risk, but I don't see me banking enough to retire well on without taking some risk. I'm just curious as to what you think the risk exposure is with this stock at the moment? In the end, it's not even $1,000 bucks invested, but it all adds up.
View Quote

I don't see it going that low for a long time. They have crazy cash on hand and then all the warrants at $9.  And they have 0 debt.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
Bought some  $10 September 17 calls on the drop . Paid $220

And just bought back all my BBIG covered calls and puts

Hopefully power hour is strong
View Quote

I just need it to stay under 15 until next Friday.   Then I can buy calls back super cheap.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Just bought 100 shares of BBIG for $10.82 and promptly sold an $11.50 Call for Sept 17th for $210.
The way I look at it if my shares get called away I'll have sold my shares for a locked in profit of $13.60 and if it doesn't execute my cost basis will be $8.70 for 100 shares.
Heres to hoping it doesnt fall below $8.70 lol
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
Oh and one hedge fund might be getting revenge in another for GME and AMC.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone selling puts on BBIG?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By slayer1:
Just bought 100 shares of BBIG for $10.82 and promptly sold an $11.50 Call for Sept 17th for $210.
The way I look at it if my shares get called away I'll have sold my shares for a locked in profit of $13.60 and if it doesn't execute my cost basis will be $8.70 for 100 shares.
Heres to hoping it doesnt fall below $8.70 lol
View Quote

That's what I was doing the other day but at $9.5.  Look where we are now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Corporal_Chaos:
Anyone selling puts on BBIG?
View Quote

Yup
I sold September 10 $9 puts and got $70 a contract
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#9]
MVIS twittered!!!!

.... And nothing happened
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:56:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#10]
Attachment Attached File

Keeps testing the resistance.   I'm wait for it to break through and then a hedge fund to turn the bulls back on.

I mean it did just hit another all time high.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
MVIS twittered!!!!

View Quote

What'd they say?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:

My Sept 17th calls are at 60% at this rate they might be in the buy to close range by end of this week (75-80% and I'll probably buy to close).
View Quote

I hope they hit and get exercised.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:

Technically HCMC is still working on the lawsuit there is still hope.
Out of the rest id consider keeping ME.. at some point it should recover… the others id strongly consider a point to get out of each.
View Quote

@TheTech-1 thanks, I planned on keeping $ME. Honestly the others were small investments, mostly under $200 in each. I doubt I break even or really get close, but if I sell I lock in the loss. I'm thinking about leaving them on my balance sheet as a reminder to not be an idiot and do my own DD and shit.

Although I did just YOLO 3 more shares of BBig so what do I know?>
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Jon_C_:

What'd they say?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
MVIS twittered!!!!

What'd they say?

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#15]

What'd they say?
View Quote

They said they have been bought out by MSFT for a 35 billion dollar deal.

... Then I woke up from the dream I was having.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#16]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20210908-125506_thinkorswim_j-2082934.JPG

Keeps testing the resistance.   I'm wait for it to break through and then a hedge fund to turn the bulls back on.

I mean it did just hit another all time high.  
View Quote

That chart looks like its flipping you off.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Any one else still holding ANY? I still have some calls on that one. Are they all finished doing that pump thing?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RASuperlight:
Any one else still holding ANY? I still have some calls on that one. Are they all finished doing that pump thing?
View Quote

Yes, I picked up some earlier this week and watching it do nothing since
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone grab ATER in the last week or so? It's up almost 35% today. Meant to take a small position last week and totally forgot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:53:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Red Red Red!!!

If not for Mr BBIG and some covered calls it would be another bloodbath in my portfolio. Damn I made some bad decisions earlier this year.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By nolan7120:
Anyone grab ATER in the last week or so? It's up almost 35% today. Meant to take a small position last week and totally forgot.
View Quote

I have 5 shares.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

View Quote

Then this pops up in Etradehttps://content.seleritycorp.com/hosted2/assets/www/71yg9cviR8AKOAaHn0g4g6TcfIZhryl78ec9DvTlUdY
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:55:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Another bull pennant forming?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Blast off for power hour. Maybe.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#25]
That's all it would cost me to roll up another $1.  

But I got some sweet -buying power.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RASuperlight:

Then this pops up in Etradehttps://content.seleritycorp.com/hosted2/assets/www/71yg9cviR8AKOAaHn0g4g6TcfIZhryl78ec9DvTlUdY

Well it's moving now!
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Well it's moving now!
View Quote

No doubt about ANY moving.  This is where I always make the mistake of not taking profit.  Hope I make a better decision this time!
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 3:37:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#28]
Time to see if the bulls go to town and pound it up.

Only 1 million FTD today.  

Tomorrow 2.3.  

Friday 8 MILLION!
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Got back in on BBIG at 10.64 this morning and sold at 12.29. Not a bad flip

Now MVIS....do they even have any in their booth talking about how great they are?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Kind of a 180 from yesterdays power hour...
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Just bought back the calls I sold this morning on shares.

About 30% profit...made a $1.2k for clicking a button.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:01:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#32]

It's really hard to unwind it now.
View All Quotes
A question if I may.

Given that the shorts have access to the same info as everyone else, and are likely more sophisticated traders than the average retail investor, why would they keep doubling down on their BBIG position rather than unwind at the first hint of becoming a squeeze target?

Especially in light of what happened with the likes of GME and AMC?

If anything, one would think once they became a target for a short squeeze, they would unwind their short positions and turn it into a pump and dump on the hype to recover whatever losses they incurred from the initial short trade.

This is something to remember for all the Covered Call people, too.

We preach how awesome covered calls are, but this is where it can get dangerous.

A few of us here (myself, KaiK, myfakename, tornadochaser, etc.) have already mentioned the pressure of having a volatile stock holding like BBIG locked up with calls.

Example:  You generally sell the call on an upswing to try to capture the nice premium.  The underlying stock then takes off even further and you're holding those calls that cost quite a bit more to buy back.  This is now where it gets dangerous so to speak, because of emotions.

So what does a person do?  Well, you can either do the "safe" thing (so long as you sold those calls above your cost basis) and hold them until expiry and make/retain profit although possibly miss out on a moon.  BUT, you still made profit. Or you can wait for a dip and buy them back at a lower premium IF it ever goes back down, rinse and repeat...this is what we strive to do.

Or, you can bet on the upward movement of the stock and buy those calls back HOPING that it still runs, but that buyback will cost you a pretty penny.  That's where greed can bite you.  The gamble is a good one if the stock continues to run, but you can lose quite a bit on that call buyback if it hovers and then sinks if the pump has already crested and then dumps.

the medium play is to roll those calls out.  This is great and all, but just like the paragraph above, there's risk.  The longer you roll, the possibility of the pump and dump running it's course and finally dumping increases.  So your original intent of the roll can be fettered if your intent is to play options until a time when you feel it's appropriate to dump your shares.  because, the stock could plummet below your cost basis and you may actually lose more than what you've gained on options plays.  All because the stock is locked up in an option that would cost you quite a bit to unwind.

Be careful on selling calls on possible pump and dumps.

I'm a big advocate on covered calls, but I'm still down $2050 (realized) because of a greedy call buyback I did.  I'll probably recoup that loss easily, but you never know.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#33]
BBIG getting an AH beat down.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

We preach how awesome covered calls are, but this is where it can get dangerous.

A few of us here (myself, KaiK, myfakename, tornadochaser, etc.) have already mentioned the pressure of having a volatile stock holding like BBIG locked up with calls.

Example:  You generally sell the call on an upswing to try to capture the nice premium.  The underlying stock then takes off even further and you're holding those calls that cost quite a bit more to buy back.  This is now where it gets dangerous so to speak, because of emotions.

So what does a person do?  Well, you can either do the "safe" thing (so long as you sold those calls above your cost basis) and hold them until expiry and make/retain profit although possibly miss out on a moon.  BUT, you still made profit. Or you can wait for a dip and buy them back at a lower premium IF it ever goes back down, rinse and repeat...this is what we strive to do.

Or, you can bet on the upward movement of the stock and buy those calls back HOPING that it still runs, but that buyback will cost you a pretty penny.  That's where greed can bite you.  The gamble is a good one if the stock continues to run, but you can lose quite a bit on that call buyback if it hovers and then sinks if the pump has already crested and then dumps.

the medium play is to roll those calls out.  This is great and all, but just like the paragraph above, there's risk.  The longer you roll, the possibility of the pump and dump running it's course and finally dumping increases.  So your original intent of the roll can be fettered if your intent is to play options until a time when you feel it's appropriate to dump your shares.  because, the stock could plummet below your cost basis and you may actually lose more than what you've gained on options plays.  All because the stock is locked up in an option that would cost you quite a bit to unwind.

I'm a big advocate on covered calls, but I'm still down $2050 (realized) because of a greedy call buyback I did.  I'll probably recoup that loss easily, but you never know.
View All Quotes
A question if I may.

Given that the shorts have access to the same info as everyone else, and are likely more sophisticated traders than the average retail investor, why would they keep doubling down on their BBIG position rather than unwind at the first hint of becoming a squeeze target?

Especially in light of what happened with the likes of GME and AMC?

If anything, one would think once they became a target for a short squeeze, they would unwind their short positions and turn it into a pump and dump on the hype to recover whatever losses they incurred from the initial short trade.

Very well said and exactly why I didn't sell any calls today.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Woot! Picked up another 100 shares of BBIG near close on sale.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:12:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#36]
Those SOBs had to take away all my margin to keep me from buying this dip.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By jvncnt:

No doubt about ANY moving.  This is where I always make the mistake of not taking profit.  Hope I make a better decision this time!
View All Quotes

Well it's moving now!

Did you get any?  (haha no pun intended!)
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:21:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#38]

View Quote

I would have been buying shares on the dip and selling calls on the peak all day if I could have.

I'm still bullish as hell on BBIG.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Was it the day? Did anyone feel it?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:29:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#40]

I would have been buying shares on the dip and selling calls on the peak all day if I could have.

View All Quotes

I've thought about that.

I'm already watching so many options plays right now that it would drive me crazy.  

Setting up limit buys/sells on BBIG options, buys on the underlying stock, then volatility all over the place, then worrying about my margin although it's astronomical right now...yeah, I need to get something done during the day rather than staring at the screen lol.

I still hate having BBIG tied up in options even on daily plays.  A possible dump scares me.  I was day trading blocks of BBIG last week, and that wasn't so bad.  So much easier than worrying about what to do if things are tied up and there's a huge dump.

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By merick:
View Quote

I thought it was pretty nice. But not THE day..  Made money on bbig calls on the upswing. Bought shares near the low.  ME still sucks ass. Mavis doing whore things again.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By myfakename:

I thought it was pretty nice. But not THE day..  Made money on bbig calls on the upswing. Bought shares near the low.  ME still sucks ass. Mavis doing whore things again.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By myfakename:

She certainly is a little prude that needs her ass slapped.  Seems like Sharma and Co. don't have it in them to show her how to work her wares to make us money.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#43]
snagged a few more bbig when it dipped into the 9's
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Nope, did exactly what I usually did and held and then it dropped.  Only saving grace is I think it will still be moving this week, but with my luck.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#45]

I've thought about that.

I'm already watching so many options plays right now that it would drive me crazy.  

Setting up limit buys/sells on BBIG options, buys on the underlying stock, then volatility all over the place, then worrying about my margin although it's astronomical right now...yeah, I need to get something done during the day rather than staring at the screen lol.

I still hate having BBIG tied up in options even on daily plays.  A possible dump scares me.  I was day trading blocks of BBIG last week, and that wasn't so bad.  So much easier than worrying about what to do if things are tied up and there's a huge dump.

View Quote

I figured today would end like this.  People taking profits. Shorts trying to shake as many people out as possible.  

Today BBIG hit 2 all time highs.  Finished 5% up from yesterday.  Released a really good proxy showing 0 debt and 127,000,000 cash on hand and another 500,000,000 if warrants are exercised.   Or there is cashless warrant thing too.

The shorts are still short. Tons of options still in the money. More than yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Nope, did exactly what I usually did and held and then it dropped.  Only saving grace is I think it will still be moving this week, but with my luck.....
View All Quotes

And I as well could not pull the trigger.  You know damned well if we would have sold that price would now be in the double digits.  That's how it rolls.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By mrkma:
BBIG getting an AH beat down.
View Quote

BBIGLY.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#48]

She certainly is a little prude that needs her ass slapped.  Seems like Sharma and Co. don't have it in them to show her how to work her wares to make us money.
View Quote

I feel like SS shouldn't even have to at this point. There was a decent amount of us VS them competitor wise on display today. Should of went up based on the comparisons between the products alone. MVIS was the clear winner with what was shown.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

I did.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#50]
   AMC Entertainment Holdings (AMC -0.8%) CEO Adam Aron says the company has made contact with GameStop (GME +0.6%) on a partnership of some sort, but says it is not ready to divulge the nature of the offer.
   In general, the theater operator says it is on the offensive to get moviegoers back into the theater with an "epic" $25M advertising blitz.
   GameStop reports earnings after the closing bell, but may not take questions during the earnings call again.
Page / 1689
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top