Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1689
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UTex86:
Our little uptrend is losing some steam.
View Quote

It's 12:30 in NY, the boys just went out for their Friday two-martini lunch. They come back in about 2:00, ready to do their Captains of Finance imitation. NASDAQ is looking pretty good, wouldn't surprise me if they start picking through the wreckage later today sniffing for bargains.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#2]
lol, GME is tanking.

So much for that idea.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

It's 12:30 in NY, the boys just went out for their Friday two-martini lunch. They come back in about 2:00, ready to do their Captains of Finance imitation. NASDAQ is looking pretty good, wouldn't surprise me if they start picking through the wreckage later today sniffing for bargains.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Our little uptrend is losing some steam.

True, I am distracted today (busy work day), I didn't realize what time it is.

Also, you have a way with words

I just want the stock to stay over $14.21 today, so that with my buy at $14.20 I can say I bought 1 penny over the day's bottom
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By wpsharpshooter:

Fuuuk lol.. I hate selling at a loss.. but hell she only keeps going down
View Quote

Well if she goes down enough and stops the hand jobs, to the moon!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Something lit a fire under OCGN today, haven't seen any new news
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#6]

My account is $120K lower than it was at 23.xx.  
I don't like to think about it.

I'm still way in the green, because my average cost is something like $5, but man that still stings.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

It's OTC.

Get off Robinhood.
View Quote

I'm going to, but all my stuff is there now. TD ameritrade is the other good one right?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
how come I can't buy sxoof on robinhood? Keeps saying it's not an option
View Quote

I can't buy it on Vanguard.  I can only buy on my Schwab account.  And my dry powder is all at Vanguard.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]

I'm going to, but all my stuff is there now. TD ameritrade is the other good one right?
View All Quotes

It's OTC.

Get off Robinhood.

Fidelity charges you $50 to place an order for Sexyoof
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Sold off my Bitcoin (GBTC) and doubled down on sexf oof and MVIS April $20 calls
Kept half in cash just in case there's another drop to buy more of both
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

My account is $120K lower than it was at 23.xx.  
I don't like to think about it.

I'm still way in the green, because my average cost is something like $5, but man that still stings.
View Quote

I’m right there with you. Hodl the line.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By lichter50:

Fidelity charges you $50 to place an order for Sexyoof
View Quote

Can confirm .  I made one buy there, then went to my etrade account.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like gme has lost steam
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

It's OTC.

Get off Robinhood.

They are good but charge $6.95 when you buy OTC stuff, and another $6.95 when you sell it. Fidelity does OTC for free, but did shut down GME buying. Think or Swim on TD ameritrade is awesome.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Smokey0844:
Looks like gme has lost steam
View Quote

Who could have seen that coming?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought a put for March. Time for mvis to go back up. Yall can thank me later.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Liking Biotech stocks for a run up here having been crushed the last few sessions. ^NBI down from a high of 5,466 on 2/10 to a low of 4,850 this morning (11.26% peak to trough). Chart showing signs of life for a run at the 5,100 - 5,200 area in due course.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Just checked the sofa & found some pocket change.

Not sure what to do with it yet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Off topic question:

People that have set up 529 plans for kids.  What company did you set it up under and are you happy with it?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I had a work tagup meeting today with my professional diabetibud contact who I had previously mentioned was on a 90 day clincal with the Senseonics eversense. He said the senseonics was routinely much more stable and accurate then his medtronic sensor which gets replaced every 7 days. He had them both simultaneously since the senseonics was a clinical trial so he still ran his normal CGM that was paired with his medtronic pump, which gave him some good reference data. He said for a 90 day version he wasn't too enthusiastic about having to do an implant but for 6 months and longer duration he felt it was a slam dunk and wouldn't have any issue getting the longer lasting version. I think part of this was based on one issue he had on removal of the implant. Apparently he had a small skintag grow over part of the sensor which made removal kind of painful until the doctor figured out WTF was going on. It took awhile longer than normal rooting around in the incision to find the issue, cut the tag, and then the implant came out no problem.

On a side note i'm going to reach out to Senseonics and Tandem and see if they have any plans to integrate with each other, or anyone else for that matter to hopefully get some intel for everyone.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:53:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
I had a work tagup meeting today with my professional diabetibud contact who I had previously mentioned was on a 90 day clincal with the Senseonics eversense. He said the senseonics was routinely much more stable and accurate then his medtronic sensor which gets replaced every 7 days. He had them both simultaneously since the senseonics was a clinical trial so he still ran his normal CGM that was paired with his medtronic pump, which gave him some good reference data. He said for a 90 day version he wasn't too enthusiastic about having to do an implant but for 6 months and longer duration he felt it was a slam dunk and wouldn't have any issue getting the longer lasting version. I think part of this was based on one issue he had on removal of the implant. Apparently he had a small skintag grow over part of the sensor which made removal kind of painful until the doctor figured out WTF was going on. It took awhile longer than normal rooting around in the incision to find the issue, cut the tag, and then the implant came out no problem.

On a side note i'm going to reach out to Senseonics and Tandem and see if they have any plans to integrate with each other, or anyone else for that matter to hopefully get some intel for everyone.
View Quote

A distant light at the end of the tunnel regarding making the decision to hold long and maybe even add some more shares.

I am watching for that 3 dollar bottom from the other day
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:55:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UTex86] [#22]
Here's what January 5th looked like, which was the bottom after the last peak, after piercing the 21MA and coming back. Interadesting.

Attachment Attached File

Curious if anyone knows if news was dropped in that last hour?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By jb31:

At sale prices, I'm adding few couple thousand more.  Hopefully that all goes together like it looks like it will.  That said, Pelosi is a huge douche.
View Quote

What about ICM? Theyre part of the chain, anyone buying them?  

I have SXOOF and ATAO
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:04:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#24]
The statement put out by AABB today regarding the nerds contacting/harassing their partners for info is hilarious.

Something tells me there is an autistic twit army of basement dwelling incels that are obsessed with the stock.

LAS VEGAS, Feb. 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Asia Broadband Inc. (OTC : AABB) would like to address shareholders and the investment community regarding communications with the Company's professional service providers. In the last several months particularly, the Company has been informed by its professional service providers (i.e. auditor, legal firm, token developer) that they have been receiving many calls and emails asking for information about AABB. All of these private firms have been engaged by the Company to provide services that are essential to the development and growth of AABB and are not providers of information to the public. The only source and outlet of information for AABB is our new investor relations agency and growth partner that has been specifically retained for the Company's public communications demands. We would ask that all inquiries regarding the Company be directed to the new investor relations firm contact details that will be announced and available in the next several days. 

In other matters, AABB is in the process of evaluating legal remedies to eliminate several recent defamatory and false information posts on public media platforms. The Company has accelerated an initiative to expose the parties responsible for these posts and take the necessary actions to mitigate and prevent these unacceptable behaviors. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:06:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sweetchuck1983] [#25]
Is anyone holding any shares of RKT? They announced a special dividend of $1.11 per share of class A common stock for holders at the close on 3/9.

I bought in last year after the IPO, and have added a little to my positions to average down some. Hopefully there will be some run up before March 9th. Shorts will have to cover or pay the dividend on the shares they borrowed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By sweetchuck1983:
Is anyone holding any shares of RKT? They announced a special dividend of $1.11 per share of class A common stock for holders at the close on 3/9.

I bought in last year after the IPO, and have added a little to my positions to average down some. Hopefully there will be some run up before March 9th. Shorts will have to cover or pay the dividend on the shares they borrowed.
View Quote

I'd feel better if it was closer to 19 than 22
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#27]
BSQUARE, you ignorant slut.  Today it decided to start trending up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
View Quote

Diamond Hands baby!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
View Quote

HODL all the BSQR.  I added 50% to my (small, 500 share at the time) position this morning at 4.50
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:33:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Now my 401k is losing money on Vanguard funds...haha, what a mess
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:40:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: racerpk11] [#31]
Here's what January 5th looked like, which was the bottom after the last peak, after piercing the 21MA and coming back. Interadesting.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161410/MVIS_January_5th_jpg-1842351.JPG

Curious if anyone knows if news was dropped in that last hour?
View Quote

I don't think there was any news in Jan.  That was the day there was like 3M shares bought in like 15 min.  Nice falling wedge leading into it too.  

I like these last few 5m candles nevermind, had my chart on GME
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By bayoushooter:
Off topic question:

People that have set up 529 plans for kids.  What company did you set it up under and are you happy with it?
View Quote

I use my own states. It is a 100% write off from state tax, up to an annual limit. Its not the best as far as fees, but the write off makes it dramatically better than any other option.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Have some pocket change.

Trying to decide:  BSQR or CCIV

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#34]
GME is making a move up fellas..
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I have not paid a lot of attention to BSQR even though I do own some shares.
I'm not seeing what is so special about them. I did not do much DD before jumping off this cliff with everyone.
At this point I'm holding a $3200 bag.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
GME is making a move up fellas..
View Quote

i did play stop loss orders for 50% of my original purchase price. Im gonna be one of the bag holders for all you diamond hands.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Are we expecting Mavis to dip even more?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
View Quote

If I expect it to, it doesn't hurt as much
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By emsjeep:
Now my 401k is losing money on Vanguard funds...haha, what a mess
View Quote

I'd be fine with the growth funds being red for another week or so. My employer lump sum match hits mid march

Worked out perfectly last year
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TheShlouf:

I'd be fine with the growth funds being red for another week or so. My employer lump sum match hits mid march

Worked out perfectly last year
View Quote
I haven't taken a pay check since November loading up the 401k to the max asap
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

Better to be a pessimist, because optimists can never be pleasantly surprised.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Question for those smarter than me.  This is specifically regarding AMC.  Pocket change really, but I'm trying to decide what to do.  I have 4 batches of shares as follows:

50 @ 12.80
50 @ 9.05
25 @ 7.87
50 @ 5.65
Average 8.98

Should I dump my "profitable shares" now and let the higher ones ride in hopes that either it gets back up to that level or goes back down far enough to average my cost again?  Dump all of them for a smallish loss?  Or some combination of those two?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ChainedLightning:
I bought Walmart and Dollar Tree this morning.  #thingsthatshoulddowellinarecession

With the exception of MVIS, none of my speculative stocks account for more than three percent of my portfolio (MVIS is 6% of it). I'm not buying into any of those again, because averaging down is good if you're certain of a recovery, but with Biden at the helm, I'm really not. I'm not selling, but I'm not buying anymore of them.

View Quote

Started looking into this more and here are a few others:

TGT- Target
LOW-Lowes
NKE-Nike (this one is weird but stock went up in both 2000 and 2009/2010 recessions)
NEE-NextEra Entergy
PEP-PepsiCo
GIS-General Mills
HRL-Hormel
Cost-Costco

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:19:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smokey0844] [#44]

View Quote

I can say that it's basically been red since I bought in. I can also say I've only improved my position since then. Once this thing turns back north...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#45]

TGT- Target
LOW-Lowes
NKE-Nike (this one is weird but stock went up in both 2000 and 2009/2010 recessions)
NEE-NextEra Entergy
PEP-PepsiCo
GIS-General Mills
HRL-Hormel
Cost-Costco

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ChainedLightning:
I bought Walmart and Dollar Tree this morning.  #thingsthatshoulddowellinarecession

With the exception of MVIS, none of my speculative stocks account for more than three percent of my portfolio (MVIS is 6% of it). I'm not buying into any of those again, because averaging down is good if you're certain of a recovery, but with Biden at the helm, I'm really not. I'm not selling, but I'm not buying anymore of them.

TGT- Target
LOW-Lowes
NEE-NextEra Entergy
PEP-PepsiCo
GIS-General Mills
HRL-Hormel
Cost-Costco

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By war86:
Question for those smarter than me.  This is specifically regarding AMC.  Pocket change really, but I'm trying to decide what to do.  I have 4 batches of shares as follows:

50 @ 12.80
50 @ 9.05
25 @ 7.87
50 @ 5.65
Average 8.98

Should I dump my "profitable shares" now and let the higher ones ride in hopes that either it gets back up to that level or goes back down far enough to average my cost again?  Dump all of them for a smallish loss?  Or some combination of those two?
View Quote
I currently hold 7k shares with a DCA of $8.12.  I'm personally holding through at least Monday or Tues. Yesterday imo was a bunch of contrived shit. The chart setup going in to the morning was about perfect. Recent 50 MA crossing 200 MA and the day before the macd crossed. Almost 1/2 billion shares traded yesterday as well. Today depending on where it closes a fair amount of options will expire ITM. Still seems to be a huge standoff with some hedgefund/funds. All comes down to risk tolerance. But I'm in for a bit longer fwiw.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

That is why I hate mornings.

Especially people that say "good morning."

Uh huh, sure.   How the fuck would you know?   It could have been shit, is shit, or can turn to shit at any moment.

I will wait tk evaluate the quality of the day when it is completed. I will either be pleasantly surprised at it being a good day or I will be in a proper mood knowing that my expectations of misery/monotony were met as expected.

Giddy happy morning people piss me off.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#48]
OMG, one of my stocks is in the green!  Go SXOOF!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Sexy oof took a nice bounce back after I made a purchase below .50.  BBRW jumped off a cliff at about -30%.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:26:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#50]
Originally Posted By war86:

50 @ 12.80
50 @ 9.05
25 @ 7.87
50 @ 5.65
Average 8.98

View Quote

If I had that, and just wanted to get out, I might sell half of the first shares, put a sell in for 25s at 8.25 FIFO (or LIFO as the case may be).   That way I can get some back now.   I guess it depends on what your goal is.  I am bagholding but have no problem at all waiting it out.  I will not take a loss on this one, no matter how long it takes
Page / 1689
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top