Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1695
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 2:48:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Picked up the last of my order earlier today, rounded me out at 70K shares. Glanced at the close a minute ago, saw we were up $0.03, and laughingly told my wife, "hey honey, two-hundred and ten bucks is two-hundred and ten bucks."

She said, "um, honey, might wanna run the math on that again." Yikes...three cents on 70K is $2,100, not $210. My risk tolerance was supposed to have shut this trade down about 30K shares ago
View Quote

You may as well just bump it up to 100k shares to make it easier to calculate your gains at a glance.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

You may as well just bump it up to 100k shares to make it easier to calculate your gains at a glance.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice to see MVIS over $2
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:51:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#4]
Originally Posted By Tango:
Nice to see MVIS over $2
View Quote

Don't blink.  

Wish I'd bought more when it dipped to around $1.50.  But my funds were tied up at the time.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice to see MVIS over $2
View Quote

Of course it is. Buying a house and sold my stake yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

Don't blink.  

Wish I'd bought more when it dipped to around $1.50.  But my funds were tied up at the time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Nice to see MVIS over $2

Don't blink.  

Me too

Tied up in all my MVIS with a $2.48 cost basis
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#7]
still happy with my PLTR - i'm even happier knowing that george shithead soros is liquidating his position and fleeing from it like a vampire from garlic bread.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Infamous:
still happy with my PLTR - i'm even happier knowing that george shithead soros is liquidating his position and fleeing from it like a vampire from garlic bread.
View Quote

Palatir is one more tool for gathering information to be used against anyone that doesn’t comply with current & future control mechanisms. They’re like a for profit NSA.

Just like all the big tech/social media companies – Twitter, Facebook, Google, Amazon they all had seed money from...

“The only early investments were $2 million from the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency's venture capital arm In-Q-Tel.”

News flash: we are the terrorists

Soros is a lightning rod for any criticism of world government. He’s a smoke screen so people never look any further & cant see the whole picture.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 12:58:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BM-ARM-DPMS-guns] [#9]
Looks like MVIS is in languishing mode. Wonder how long this lasts?
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:
View Quote

I think the rules say 4Q reporting is allowed up to 45 days after the quarter's end, or mid-Feb. There are no events on the corporate calendar in the interim that I'm aware of, which brings me back to why, exactly, did they hold a three hour FCIII, and include a massive private shareholder who wished to remain anon?

If it's not a full-up announcement, I guess we'll get LIDAR A-sample updates...but I honestly believe Sharma held that FC to shape expectations around end-stage offer discussions. They want to sell the business as a whole, but it wouldn't surprise me to see NED go separately, and soon.

I've run my ACB back up to $0.94 building my stake. At anything in the one to three billion range (and that in shares, please) I'll walk away content to see this ended.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#11]
On Reddit this morning people were talking about how Xpeng, a Chinese electric car company, is using LIDAR in their new car

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201119006399/en/Xpeng-Announces-Next-gen-Autonomous-Driving-Architecture-at-Auto-Guangzhou-2020

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Up 5% on the day so far. Not too shabby.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 4:00:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#13]
View Quote

About 2-3 hours, apparently.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 4:14:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mdw] [#14]
I don't really understand the stock market very well what is MVIS potential and is this something a guy should buy and hold long term?

I will need a dummied down answer

thanks
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mdw:
I don't really understand the stock market very well what is MVIS potential and is this something a guy should buy and hold long term?

thanks
View Quote
MVIS holds a lot of important patents and is very far ahead in the LIDAR game. Had a bad start that devalued the company and now is trying to get back to making a finihed product for sale to companies. It could go very well or very bad . Invest 1-500 bucks and see what happens
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By mdw:

thanks
View Quote

MVIS has a bunch of super smart people that created a shit ton of patents.
Those patents are just now coming into play for the masses
The CEO said the company is worth billions and each billion dollars equals about $7/share
Contenders for the company are Apple, Tesla, Google, Facebook, etc

So you need to decide if you would buy today for $2 to possibly see $15+ in a year
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#17]
seems like there are some big sells on MVIS being entered to drive the price back under $2.

That or someone really wanted out and $2+ was their trigger point.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#18]
@Osprey61   Did you see this?
Maybe the start up has a link to mvis or needs the goggle too
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/37647/pilot-in-a-real-aircraft-just-fought-an-ai-driven-virtual-enemy-jet-for-the-first-time

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#19]
damned if you do or damned if you don't it's a crap shoot, got it! Thanks for the replies
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By lafmedic1:
@Osprey61   Did you see this?
Maybe the start up has a link to mvis or needs the goggle too
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/37647/pilot-in-a-real-aircraft-just-fought-an-ai-driven-virtual-enemy-jet-for-the-first-time

View Quote

That's really interesting...follow the link in the first para and read that article. It's very long and specific to fighter training, but about three quarters of the way down he starts talking about Hololens II and Magic Leap (which he admits is kind of wandering lost). What he never gets specific about is the system he's wearing/using, and I'm very curious.

Thanks, this should take up half my weekend doing some DD...

BTW, MVIS has been involved on and off with DARPA for many years.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 1:53:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EOTWAWKI] [#21]

That's really interesting...follow the link in the first para and read that article. It's very long and specific to fighter training, but about three quarters of the way down he starts talking about Hololens II and Magic Leap (which he admits is kind of wandering lost). What he never gets specific about is the system he's wearing/using, and I'm very curious.

Thanks, this should take up half my weekend doing some DD...

BTW, MVIS has been involved on and off with DARPA for many years.
View Quote

@Osprey61

Has MVIS ever had backing by In-Q-tel?

Edit: username corrected
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Hopefully this trend continues.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Is anyone still alive? Send proof of life.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#24]
MVIS running?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Still here. Lurking. Not sure if I'll be buying more at these levels.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By EOTWAWKI:
View Quote

Dick pics inbound
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Let us pray for more people with Federal Reserve Notes on AR15.com.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#28]
any reason for this little run or just MVIS doing MVIS things?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't think this is substantiated by anything, but i'm not gonna complain, could be a good swing trade setup.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

I was going to try to pick up another 5K this morning...take advantage of the traditional Monday morning short attack...but that's not happening today from the looks of things. Up $0.16 $0.20 and looking like it's trying to push higher. I know in the grand scheme that's peanuts, but I'm standing with all ten toes hanging off the precipice now.

Damn, still running. Hate gains like this on no news. Irrational enthusiasm or front running?

FWIW, I read this weekend that we're in the pocket (time wise) that runs from pre-Thanksgiving through Christmas where Craig-Hallum has delivered the lion's share of their M/A. Someone was claiming 80%+. NO IDEA whatsoever if that's fact...I may have read it on Stocktwits
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Dick pics inbound
View Quote

PM sent
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#33]

@Osprey61

View Quote

Had to go do some reading, as I was unfamiliar with In-Q-tel. Looks like the majority of the staking they do if for tech start-ups. MVIS has sunk tens, if not hundreds, of millions into R&D at this point. I think IQT would take one look and run away. Can't find any link on the search engines, either. Non-profit in the tech world is a pretty serious anomaly.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Somebody bought 625K shares about 15 minutes ago...that's roughly $1.4M.

Several people saying it's not the call expiration day that drives spikes, it's the following day when those contracts have to be filled. That kind of purchase sort of seems to support that theory.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Had to go do some reading, as I was unfamiliar with In-Q-tel. Looks like the majority of the staking they do if for tech start-ups. MVIS has sunk tens, if not hundreds, of millions into R&D at this point. I think IQT would take one look and run away. Can't find any link on the search engines, either. Non-profit in the tech world is a pretty serious anomaly.
View All Quotes

@Osprey61

In-Q-tel isn’t about profit, at least not short term. They’re about control. They’re run by the CIA via the same quasi-governmental bullshit that the Fed & other independent executive agencies operate under.

They invest in any tech that can be used for manipulating society, gathering info, etc.

Usually companies tapped for warfare applications are funded through grants or operate in coordination with DARPA, which it sounds like MVIS is. But MVIS is also tech with a massive possibility for data collection with AR headsets in private hands & could fall under the scope of In-Q-tel.

It really depends on how soon they want to use the various technologies. I believe that’s the only reason why MVIS stagnated for so long is the players weren’t concerned about using the tech until now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#36]

In-Q-tel isn’t about profit, at least not short term. They’re about control. They’re run by the CIA via the same quasi-governmental bullshit that the Fed & other independent executive agencies operate under.

They invest in any tech that can be used for manipulating society, gathering info, etc.

Usually companies tapped for warfare applications are funded through grants or operate in coordination with DARPA, which it sounds like MVIS is. But MVIS is also tech with a massive possibility for data collection with AR headsets in private hands & could fall under the scope of In-Q-tel.

It really depends on how soon they want to use the various technologies. I believe that’s the only reason why MVIS stagnated for so long is the players weren’t concerned about using the tech until now.
View Quote

Speculation, or public knowledge? Did some reading on them this weekend, but didn't see a reference.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Gamestop running again.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Infamous:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/128_zps8f345fb6_GIF-107.gif

I needed that laugh this Monday morning.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
Gamestop running again.
View Quote

The EV market is insane
Check out AYRO, Xpev, blnk
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:57:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slabertooch] [#40]
Somebody bought 625K shares about 15 minutes ago...that's roughly $1.4M.

Several people saying it's not the call expiration day that drives spikes, it's the following day when those contracts have to be filled. That kind of purchase sort of seems to support that theory.
View Quote
I may have been responsible for a very small part of that, exercising call options is enjoyable when they are deep in the money.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By slabertooch:
I may have been responsible for a very small part of that, exercising call options is enjoyable when they are deep in the money.  
View Quote

If you want a stable stock to jump 10%, let me sell a covered call on it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:35:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#42]
I'm actually up a little on MVIS right now, for a change.  I bought too many shares around 2.40ish last time it surged.  Upped my average cost per share quite a bit.  

At least I managed to snag more around 1.50 when it dipped.  I'd have bought more there if I hadn't tied up money at 2.40.  Oh well.

I've still made some nice realized gains from previous sales.  This is just what I'm holding right now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:20:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EOTWAWKI] [#43]

Speculation, or public knowledge? Did some reading on them this weekend, but didn't see a reference.
View All Quotes

I’m sure as time goes on they’ll hide or obscure as much of their history as they can. Anyone that’s read the wikileaks emails involving various defense contractors involvement in the Arab Spring, Syrian war, etc. knows that companies like Lockheed & their executives are total dirtbags that don’t give a shit about protecting the American public.

From their Wikipedia page:

“Originally named Peleus and known as In-Q-It, In-Q-Tel was founded by Norm Augustine, a former CEO of Lockheed Martin and by Gilman Louie, who was In-Q-Tel's first CEO.[4][5][6] In-Q-Tel's mission is to identify and invest in companies developing cutting-edge technologies that serve United States national security interests. Origins of the corporation can be traced to Dr. Ruth A. David, who headed the Central Intelligence Agency Directorate of Science & Technology in the 1990s and promoted the importance of rapidly advancing information technology for the CIA.[5] In-Q-Tel now engages with entrepreneurs, growth companies, researchers, and venture capitalists to deliver technologies that provide superior capabilities for the CIA, DIA, NGA, and the wider intelligence community.[7] In-Q-Tel concentrates on three broad commercial technology areas: software, infrastructure and materials sciences.

Former CIA director George Tenet says,

We [the CIA] decided to use our limited dollars to leverage technology developed elsewhere. In 1999 we chartered ... In-Q-Tel. ... While we pay the bills, In-Q-Tel is independent of CIA. CIA identifies pressing problems, and In-Q-Tel provides the technology to address them. The In-Q-Tel alliance has put the Agency back at the leading edge of technology ... This ... collaboration ... enabled CIA to take advantage of the technology that Las Vegas uses to identify corrupt card players and apply it to link analysis for terrorists [cf. the parallel data-mining effort by the SOCOM-DIA operation Able Danger ], and to adapt the technology that online booksellers use and convert it to scour millions of pages of documents looking for unexpected results.
In-Q-Tel sold 5,636 shares of Google, worth over $2.2 million, on November 15, 2005.[9] The shares were a result of Google's acquisition of Keyhole, Inc, the CIA-funded satellite mapping software now known as Google Earth.[10]

In August 2006, In-Q-Tel had reviewed more than 5,800 business plans, invested some $150 million in more than 90 companies, and delivered more than 130 technology solutions to the intelligence community.[4][11] In 2005 it was said to be funded with about $37 million a year from the CIA.[12][needs update]“

You can follow links to various sources, including a long list of companies they’ve invested in. When combined with what anyone thats paying attention knows about how these institutions operate (both “public/gov” & private/corporate) & their motives, that confirms the basic premise they’re unAmerican.

To get anything other than bits & pieces of the big picture you’d have to scour hundreds of hours of interviews and interviews from all the executives involved in the related companies & the CIA to form more mainstream acceptable proof. Everything is so compartmentalized it requires a huge amount of time & a knowledge base that most Americans don’t have & aren’t interested in putting effort towards.

I doubt they’d go on Meet The Press & tell the world their sole purpose is to create a surveillance state to enslave America & subvert the constitution.

Anyone that questions this as being tinfoil, look at thinks like the patriot act, how tech companies operate, wikileaks exposing the Suprastate (unelected gov+corporations working together) fomenting revolutions in Ukraine & the Middle East. Look at how this year has unfolded & how those in power are openly telling the public what their plans are. The Great Reset, Agenda 2030, etc.

Boiling frogs + bread & circuses = we sleep

ETA: apologies for sliding the thread, but this stuff is important

Added some clarifications & corrected spelling.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Didn't call it tinfoil, I was just curious about the genesis.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Didn't call it tinfoil, I was just curious about the genesis.
View Quote

I wasn’t saying you did, just getting in front of the inevitable, dismissiveness & shit flinging.

I really try not to let people’s dismissiveness harden my heart, but it’s very difficult. That’s what they count on, those that see getting frustrated by those that don’t & giving up sharing this information. I have to remind myself that it’s not entirely their fault & at one point I was at least as programmed as they are. It’s part of my atonement for being an idiot for so many years.

Things are getting to a serious cross roads where our chances of turning things around grow smaller every day.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:51:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#46]
2.30 and rising.

So do I sell and send it to the moon or buy more and send it through the floor?  

Maybe I should ask how much y'all will pay me to sell?  
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Shares of several technology companies are trading higher as stocks across sectors gain on COVID-19 vaccine optimism, which has lifted macro outlook.
Nov 23, 2020 1:15p ETBenzinga Stock Analysis

LOL, I love these generic explanations they paste for MVIS when it jumps 10% for no reason. Same thing when it falls 10%.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

The EV market is insane
Check out AYRO, Xpev, blnk
View Quote

IDEX
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:14:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BobRoberts] [#49]
2.30 and rising.

So do I sell and send it to the moon or buy more and send it through the floor?  

Maybe I should ask how much y'all will pay me to sell?  
View Quote

I took the profit. Rolled it into PALANTIR TECHNOLOGIES. I will build another position in MVIS, but if I get short term double digit growth, I trim the position if it isnt a long play.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Days like this give me heartburn. I know what I'm up on paper, ISZ must be getting ulcers. Nothing like a little pressure...
Page / 1695
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top