BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:30:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Rage is how their pockets are so deep. Right now robinhood is being swamped by people trying to get in on this signing up to the app. Its like that scene in lord of the rings when the Rohirrim arrive to buy more stonks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Father said that the $200 puts on GME are $10,600 for one put. I am new to puts/calls but that is a huge risk. 100 shares per put, etc. The Reddit army may keep things up to spite people buying puts but I don't see how their pockets are so deep.

Rage is how their pockets are so deep. Right now robinhood is being swamped by people trying to get in on this signing up to the app. Its like that scene in lord of the rings when the Rohirrim arrive to buy more stonks.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not a big fan of hedge funds but rage isn’t the real driver. It’s an excuse people make to themselves to justify buying a stock that goes against what is really going on.

People just want to get in on the action and make money. It will crash when some of the big money pulls out soon.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So how do you make money on this when the stock goes back down to where it "should be"?

View Quote

By watching for pump and dumps.

The pattern with pennys seems to be, grab it while it's at a low for the year, wait for news or some hype, and get ready to sell when people pile on.

Rinse and repeat. If you buy when there is news you are likely to end up holding it after it tanks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]
/r/wallstreetbets is now set to private.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There is so much money and big players involved there is no way they will allow this to happen.

Why Redditt was down today I assume.
View Quote

Allowing it to happen crushes one hedge fund company.
Blowing the whistle and stopping it from happening crushes the entire system and throws the whole world into chaos.
So they'll probably do the second one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I finally understand what happened at the end of Trading Places.
Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
/r/wallstreetbets is now set to private.
View Quote

Should add to the hype!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#7]
WSB banned from Discord

You don’t mess with the money.  

What kind of a world to we living in where marauding hedge funds are protected and the people are the enemy?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So what's up next after AMC?
View Quote
BB, NOK
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So how do you make money on this when the stock goes back down to where it "should be"?

View Quote

You HOLD THE FUCK OUT OF IT.  Then the sky is the limit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think I finally understand what happened at the end of Trading Places.
Thanks everyone.
View Quote

This

LOL
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#11]
did they take down /wallstreetbets ?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#12]
The Reddit group that is doing this to GameStop (and to the hedge funds that hold the shorts on these stocks) are planning on doing the same to AMC stock.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Down just a little in aftermarket ??

I bought at $14 today. Should have sold at market close.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wouldn’t that be fraud?  Dealing in shares that don’t exist?  ^^^^^^^^^^[[
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

in a nut shell

A hedge fund (basically just some guys who can invest money into anything) borrowed shares of game stop from another investment company and then sold those shares to who ever wanted to buy them on the stock market. They did this, hoping the price of game stop would fall. Basically if they sold the shares at $20 a share, then the price fell to $10, they would have made $10 in profits.

Well, r/wallstreetbets saw this and decided just to start buying all the game stop stocks and options they could to drive the price up, law of supply and demand, in turn causing the hedgefund to lose money on the trade.

You also need to add in that they did this so much that they lent out more shares than actually exist.

Welcome to the synthetic market.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

in a nut shell

A hedge fund (basically just some guys who can invest money into anything) borrowed shares of game stop from another investment company and then sold those shares to who ever wanted to buy them on the stock market. They did this, hoping the price of game stop would fall. Basically if they sold the shares at $20 a share, then the price fell to $10, they would have made $10 in profits.

Well, r/wallstreetbets saw this and decided just to start buying all the game stop stocks and options they could to drive the price up, law of supply and demand, in turn causing the hedgefund to lose money on the trade.

You also need to add in that they did this so much that they lent out more shares than actually exist.

No shit. Derivatives can seem very illogical at times.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
135% of shares being shorted was not market manipulation. Got it.
View Quote

Yeah, that jumps out for me as well.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/243882/4E066141-1660-4D01-AA36-5B4BE5E25038_png-1799656.JPG

Down just a little in aftermarket

View Quote
That's a pump and dump to me.  

GME was shorted more than there are existing shares, however the fuck you do that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#18]
r/wallstreetbets just went private

their discord channel was just banned

SHIT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

GME was shorted more than there are existing shares, however the fuck you do that.
View Quote

It's technically illegal.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
did they take down /wallstreetbets ?
View Quote

At a minimum it has gone private. Discord booted WSB.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#21]
There's a coordinated attack going on.

There's massive selling pressure on the stocks after hours.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
WSB banned from Discord

You don’t mess with the money.  

What kind of a world to we living in where marauding hedge funds are protected and the people are the enemy?
View Quote

The same world it's always been.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
WSB banned from Discord

You don't mess with the money.  

View Quote

this last election should and this should tell you everything
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Short some stocks now at $350
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Short some stocks now at $350
View Quote

well when the float comes down yea
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure they have top men on holding people accountable....
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I bought in $5k this AM.

Can't wait till Friday.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#30]
What happens when WSB sees the lowered price and decides to buy more at a "discount"
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Trying to squeeze out the little people.
View All Quotes

Sure is. But I still hate the gambling side of Wall Street. It doesn't compliment Main Street.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What happens when WSB sees the lowered price and decides to buy more at a "discount"
View Quote

I imagine that's what's happening.

Their new subreddit is aware that there is a lot of fuckery afoot right now that is likely market manipulation by the short position folks trying to get people to panic sell.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Their new subreddit is aware that there is a lot of fuckery afoot right now that is likely market manipulation by the short position folks trying to get people to panic sell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#34]
This whole kabal shows how much the deck is stacked against the individual investor.

A bunch of people band together, crush a hedge fund giant, and now the regulators and market movers are going to let YOU know who the real power is.

The exchange is talking about suspending trades for 30 days. They shut down the stock multiple times over the last few days to let the big money catch up. That's now how this should work.

It's disgusting, really.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/243882/4E066141-1660-4D01-AA36-5B4BE5E25038_png-1799656.JPG

Down just a little in aftermarket ??

View Quote

????
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This whole kabal shows how much the deck is stacked against the individual investor.

A bunch of people band together, crush a hedge fund giant, and now the regulators and market movers are going to let YOU know who the real power is.

The exchange is talking about suspending trades for 30 days. They shut down the stock multiple times over the last few days to let the big money catch up. That's now how this should work.

It's disgusting, really.
View Quote
Just like They did with the election.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

They did.

Fought off the attack....
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#40]
do you really think multi billion dollar hedge fund / investment companies are just going to allow this to happen?  

the hammer is about to drop.

dont for a second think the common folk have a chance in this country anymore.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So NOW is probably a good time to short gamestop?
Imagine the $$ to be made when it plummets
View Quote

Imagine your broker's margin call to you when the short squeeze and gamma squeeze hit simultaneously and the price spikes to $1000
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
do you really think multi billion dollar hedge fund / investment companies are just going to allow this to happen?  

View Quote

I’m rooting for them to stick it to the hedge fund shitbags
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's disgusting, really.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Normally I'd agree with you.

But this particular instance is unique.

The short interest is 140% of float.  In order to drive the price down the hedge funds put themselves further in the red, and it didn't work.  In fact over the course of the week short interest has gone up slightly.

To follow on, many of the investors on WSB have made serious money this year and actually have capital (not all).

It's very possible that the biggest hedge funds in this are literally backed into a corner and the only way they can get out is to break the spirit of the investors, and if you read WSB, the vast majority of them are seeing this as the little guy vs the big guy.

Keep in mind Blackrock, one of the biggest fund managers, holds a significant number of shares already that they bought before all of this (my guess is for the sole purpose of loaning to short sellers).

To pile on the stock has been so volatile that the market makers are helping to fuel this just to keep their P&L from crashing.

If retail investors hold a significant enough percentage of the actual shares to prevent the hedge funds from being able to cover (very likely), they just need to hold onto their shares to drive a short squeeze.

They've made it clear they intend to hold.

The price may fluctuate, but if the shares aren't there to cover the short positions, the hedge funds will literally go bankrupt.

This is real.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Normally I'd agree with you.

But this particular instance is unique.

The short interest is 140% of float.  In order to drive the price down the hedge funds put themselves further in the red, and it didn't work.  In fact over the course of the week short interest has gone up slightly.

To follow on, many of the investors on WSB have made serious money this year and actually have capital (not all).

It's very possible that the biggest hedge funds in this are literally backed into a corner and the only way they can get out is to break the spirit of the investors, and if you read WSB, the vast majority of them are seeing this as the little guy vs the big guy.

Keep in mind Blackrock, one of the biggest fund managers, holds a significant number of shares already that they bought before all of this (my guess is for the sole purpose of loaning to short sellers).

To pile on the stock has been so volatile that the market makers are helping to fuel this just to keep their P&L from crashing.

If retail investors hold a significant enough percentage of the actual shares to prevent the hedge funds from being able to cover (very likely), they just need to hold onto their shares to drive a short squeeze.

They've made it clear they intend to hold.

The price may fluctuate, but if the shares aren't there to cover the short positions, the hedge funds will literally go bankrupt.

This is real.
View Quote

Leonidas meme here.

Hold.  FUCKING HOLD.

H
O
L
D

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's disgusting, really.
View Quote

I want to see them try to shut down an exchange for 30 days. It will make 1929 look like a blip as they won’t be able to stop the stampede out of that market. Faith will be at 0%.

Plus
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

They really can’t. They literally divided by 0.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Let it all burn.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:14:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top