Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2021 8:44:48 PM EDT
Which do you prefer working with?

I myself prefer Wagos and hate taking out my pillars to twist them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Offshore Wagos are taking over
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Offshore Wagos are taking over
View Quote
They are certainly more expensive, I can find them at my local Lowes so no longer sure it is a offshore thing.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate wire nuts. Wagos FTW.

Times 87 when you have to connect an 18 gage stranded wire to two (2) 14 gage solid wires.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Times 87 when you have to connect an 18 gage stranded wire to two (2) 14 gage solid wires.
View Quote
OK? I deserve that.

What about when a person knows about wire guage and to use a Wago correctly?

Also I don't see how some idiot just using a wire nut would help.

ETA: I am not an idiot that expects you to pay attention to you guy's but I know the difference between 18 an 14 solid and stranded wire as well.

FYI F-15's standard volts was 115V at 400hz (something you never experienced AC) and 15C DC at the same time.

I know about AC/DC Voltage and probably better than you......since you went all petty I decided to do same thing.

What I am was lacking in was turning my F-15 voltage into home knowledge. Congrats you failed in that attempt by insulting me.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Wirenuts are more easy to take apart. Plus if it fits it ships. Shove eight 12 gauge wires in a red wirenut. Can’t do that with a wago.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wirenuts are more easy to take apart. Plus if it fits it ships. Shove eight 12 gauge wires in a red wirenut. Can't do that with a wago.
View Quote
So you just mentioned the positive about them... "Shove eight 12 gauge wires in a red wirenut. Can't do that with a wago."

What is the disadvantage?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to say wire nuts
mostly because my dad was electrician and a couple years ago gave me about a billion wire nuts.
me and my kid are set for life with wire nutting and probably grandkid too
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So you just mentioned the positive about them... "Shove eight 12 gauge wires in a red wirenut. Can't do that with a wago."

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wirenuts are more easy to take apart. Plus if it fits it ships. Shove eight 12 gauge wires in a red wirenut. Can't do that with a wago.

Disadvantage of a wirenut is if you get the wires not together right one might pull out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OK? I deserve that.

ETA: I am not an idiot that expects you to pay attention to you guy's but I know the difference between 18 an 14 solid and stranded wire as well.

FYI F-15's standard volts was 115V at 400hz (something you never experienced AC) and 15C DC at the same time.

I know about AC/DC Voltage and probably better than you......since you went all petty I decided to do same thing.

What I am was lacking in was turning my F-15 voltage into home knowledge. Congrats you failed in that attempt by insulting me.

View Quote

WTF you drinking dude????
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wirenuts are more easy to take apart. Plus if it fits it ships. Shove eight 12 gauge wires in a red wirenut. Can’t do that with a wago.
View Quote

That's a pretty bad idea.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:39:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Wagos generally, but if there's more than 4 wirenuts nuts all the way. Just make sure you don't get fakes. These are fakes. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:01:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OK? I deserve that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK? I deserve that.

Dude wtf? Nobody insulted you or even tried to in this retarded thread. If you want to use a motherfucking wago, have a fucking nut!
You could have scrolled down on the topics a bit more and gotten real world experience on the matter, but you chose to be a dick.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wagos generally, but if there's more than 4 wirenuts nuts all the way. Just make sure you don't get fakes. These are fakes. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/114426/PXL_20210217_035716386_jpg-1843080.JPG
View Quote

How can you differentiate real vs fake?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Dude wtf? Nobody insulted you or even tried to in this retarded thread. If you want to use a motherfucking wago, have a fucking nut!
You could have scrolled down on the topics a bit more and gotten real world experience on the matter, but you chose to be a dick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What in the world got you offended from that post?

Thank you for the confirmation guys! I was trying to figure out what the hell I said that was wrong.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This^^^

Quoted:

Thank you for the confirmation guys! I was trying to figure out what the hell I said that was wrong.

Haha, I was reading his response and was baffled at what he was all upset about so I re-read your response, read his again, thought I had to be missing something then decided whatever drugs F15mech is on are probably some powerful goods!
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:16:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Wagos for me
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I much prefer wagos over wire nuts.

Especially when you are on top of an extension ladder wiring new light fixtures.

Much easier and nearly fool proof.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

A red wire nut only has a capacity of 5 #12 wires.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How can you differentiate real vs fake?
View Quote
Real look like this

Fakes look like what I posted.  They have square bodies and angled levers rather than slightly curved bodies and arched levers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top