Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2020 1:12:26 PM EDT
going through some of my grandfathers memorabilia from his service in northern Africa from WWII.  I found this pin amongst his stuff. What do I have here?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Big one is a wound badge similar to our Purple Heart.  It came in 3 grades Black, Silver, and Gold depending on number and severity of wounds.  I can't tell if yours is a Black with lots of wear, or a silver.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Big one is a wound badge similar to our Purple Heart.  It came in 3 grades Black, Silver, and Gold depending on number and severity of wounds.  I can't tell if yours is a Black with lots of wear, or a silver.
View Quote

+1 which side was he on?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
ANTI Rommel!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think the amount of wounds was fatal, because the person got deaded and lost it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#5]
What does the back look like?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

There was a fourth one as well for those wounded with Hitler in the bomb plot at the Wolfsschanze, also in 3 grades.

Link Posted: 12/18/2020 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What does the back look like?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2020 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I, for one, can't wait until the DNC Jackass ends up on all of our military decorations and uniforms and military equipment and insignia and government buildings and seals and flags and whatnot.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 2:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Black wound badge.

It just no longer has its black paint.

Link Posted: 12/18/2020 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#10]
excellent. Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top