[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For you Wranglerstar fans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwYuLJCOZ4I

TL/DW
Video makes the case your all overreacting
View Quote
What a dirtbag, it's well know Wyden spends the majority of his time in New York, he DOES NOT represent the people of this state.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#3]
In on 49.

Oregon needs more MT law and I am very sad to see Benchmade participate in this.

Montana Code Annotated 2017
TITLE 46. CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 5. SEARCH AND SEIZURE
Part 3. Procedure in Regard to Property Seized
Firearm Not To Be Destroyed

46-5-313. Firearm not to be destroyed. If a firearm possessed by a law enforcement agency was not purchased by the agency for agency use, if it is legal for a private person to own and possess the firearm, and if the legal owner cannot be determined by the agency, the agency may not destroy the firearm and shall sell the firearm to a licensed dealer. The proceeds of the sale must be deposited in the general fund of the governmental entity of which the agency is a part.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Any way to remove the logo from their knives?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Benchmade ought to join forces with Team Wendy. Maybe they could do a campaign event for Kamala Harris or Bernie Sanders.
View Quote
Think they already picked Corey Booker.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For you Wranglerstar fans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwYuLJCOZ4I

TL/DW
Video makes the case your all overreacting
View Quote
Lol.  That faggot is wearing a Patagonia jacket.  They are anti gun and their shit is made overseas in sweat shops.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
One of mine is almost gone from use. Some sand paper and polish should make short work of it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ahh, The chinese thing is what I was afraid of. Oh well. Picked it up a couple of years ago from my local mom and pop hardware store (very pro 2A BTW ) after I lost my BM for around $35. Been a solid reliable EDC, and I beat the crap out of it. I know the time to replace it will coe sooner than later, so been looking at knives lately anyway. This thread came at the perfect time for me. Thanks for the response.
View Quote
Pick up a USA BUCK.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#9]
50 pages in 24 hours
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Was in on 1, in on 50, be here for 100.

FBM.

At the rate I'm going I'll have 6 new non-BM knives by 100. BM's loss, Spyderco and ZT's gain so far.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Was in on 1, in on 50, be here for 100.

FBM.
View Quote
FBM!
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Yay 50!

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One of mine is almost gone from use. Some sand paper and polish should make short work of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can confirm sandpaper works.

Shamelessly stolen from earlier in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#14]
And people wonder why I don't use any social media. Social media is the debil.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree to a point but in our case it has HELPED us destroy a anti gun business.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
And here you are....on arfcom....social media!
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
You’re blaming an exceptionally valuable tool on what should be blamed on stupidity and political dishonesty.

As a protip, you wrote this on social media.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How much of a dent have we really made in Dick's bottom line?

They mostly cater to the ball sports crowd, so I'd be surprised if it was much.
View Quote
Try 20%. That is a sizeable dent.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The ones in the Benchmade building with the guy in a Benchmade branded outfit destroying a firearm.  They knew the pictures were being taken.  They willingly allowed all of that and the weak explanation they gave after the fact is that they were trying to show their support for law enforcement.  You "show support" on social media by posting pictures of things you view as positive.  It was a joint effort PR stunt and it blew up in their faces.
View Quote
If they truly wanted to show support for the PD they could have taken a picture of them delivering a box of brand new knives for the officers to carry while working.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ARFCom is antisocial media.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much of a dent have we really made in Dick's bottom line?

They mostly cater to the ball sports crowd, so I'd be surprised if it was much.
Plus Mossberg stopped sales to Dicks and Field & Stream because of it. I'd bet a lot of damage came from that alone.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
First YETI no this.
View Quote
actually Tim Leatherman is also anti-gun,,,,can't say it hurt him, but I buy ALL
my knives & multi tools on the used market
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I'f just like to point out that the Venezuela thread, about a proxy conflict between world powers in a major oil nation, took a month to reach 50 pages.

Benchmade fucked up way worse than Maduro.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
In on 49.

Oregon needs more MT law and I am very sad to see Benchmade participate in this.

Montana Code Annotated 2017
TITLE 46. CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 5. SEARCH AND SEIZURE
Part 3. Procedure in Regard to Property Seized
Firearm Not To Be Destroyed

46-5-313. Firearm not to be destroyed. If a firearm possessed by a law enforcement agency was not purchased by the agency for agency use, if it is legal for a private person to own and possess the firearm, and if the legal owner cannot be determined by the agency, the agency may not destroy the firearm and shall sell the firearm to a licensed dealer. The proceeds of the sale must be deposited in the general fund of the governmental entity of which the agency is a part.
View Quote
Amen. Our laws kick ass, especially when Bozeman PD is dragged along screaming the whole way.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#27]
You know, this is getting kind of funny.

Not sure how people are arguing FOR Benchmade.

When it came out that Dick's was paying lobbyists to advance the gun grabbers agenda, folks were screaming for scalps.

Keep in mind, Dick's was not beating the pro 2A drum.

Benchmade practically does the same thing, yet continues to beat the pro 2A drum.

At this point, I am really beyond the cutting up the firearms thing.

As a LEO, I understand that the court orders firearms destroyed for a multiplicity of reasons.

HOWEVER...............what I cannot let go, is the fact that Benchmade (or it's founders) support anti gun candidates, then advertise/associate the company with the donations.  You know, they could have chose to not list the company..............but they did.

They appear to be very proud of their affiliations and make no attempt to distance the company from the political arena.

That's the real problem here.   Then they claim they support the 2A.

I am finished with supporting companies that don't care about the things I do.

Sure, I could say screw it.  But at my age, I'm tired of "just not worrying about it".  That sentiment nationwide has allowed so much of what made this country great slip away.

From here on out, even if inconvenient, I will only support companies that support what I support.

I will punish those that stand in opposition to my beliefs by with holding my financial support.

Maybe if enough people feel the same, these companies will stand up and take notice........and maybe realize we are to be taken seriously.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Keep telling yourself that.
In more rural areas there may be a majority of conservatives.
On a national level, the liberal-majority urban areas out-number the lower population conservative areas.
I keep hearing this "we're the majority, we're just lazy so that's why elections go the way they do" excuse here for years now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No we are not the minority in this nation.

We are just fucking lazy and make excuses everytime a company goes against our beliefs and ideals.

Meanwhile the Democrats try to crucify every company they can and make them bend the knee.

We need to start doing the same thing and stick together. Stop making excuses for companies and start holding them accountable.
Keep telling yourself that.
In more rural areas there may be a majority of conservatives.
On a national level, the liberal-majority urban areas out-number the lower population conservative areas.
I keep hearing this "we're the majority, we're just lazy so that's why elections go the way they do" excuse here for years now.
We got Trump elected when every news station/ paper, Democrat and a bunch of Repubs plus all the major social media sites were 100% against him.

If you dont think we can make a knife company experience extreme financial loss when we are 99% of their business then you have no clue.

If we dont start doing what the left is doing, then we are going to die a slow death in the political arena. Companies are starting to think that if they virtue signal with the left, that they will win financially.

We dont have to bring down every single company that's against us. We just have to put a couple of heads on a pike and make an example.

GD: Come and take it motherfuckers, MOLON LABE!!!

Also GD:  I'm not going to stop buying Benchmade even though they are financing politicians that are actively trying to come and take our guns.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
@slimblundt   I learned this today, too.  Leatherman is NOT GTG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn. Screw Benchmade. Glad my EDC is a strong 2A supporter.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/421435/D77263F4-DB70-48A9-AEE5-C101D3FD4970_jpeg-852797.JPG
Not true, they have backed the antigun groups
@slimblundt   I learned this today, too.  Leatherman is NOT GTG.
Go look at Leathermans politcal donations, what there is of them.  They gave to Ron Paul for the majority of their donations.  The rest that I found were Republican.

Yes I know they have said things, but they are not giving AID to the enemy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

ARFCom is antisocial media.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What point am I missing?
This is a normal function of many police agencies, to dispose of firearms for one legal reason or another.
I'm guessing that many of you would rather see them put back on the market and re-sold, but  not every agency in every state has that option.
Here some firearms are declared nuisance firearms and must be destroyed after a year
Like I said, that used to consist of dropping them into the lake, and more recently being sent through a metal chopper at the scrap yard
View Quote
Could be a good point if it were not for the fact that the Police Chief there will destroy every. single. gun. despite the fact the law does not require it. AND he always makes a large spectacle of it and is well known as being a huge anti gun person AND Benchmade most certainly knew ALL of this ahead of time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't see it on Benchmade's Facebook anymore, but it's still up on their twitter.

https://twitter.com/BenchmadeKnives/status/1098301471551078401

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You are the man. If you are really interested in making a bold statement donate the cash directly to those anti-gunners Benchmade is donating your money to. Just cut out the middleman.

That will really show people you are serious.
View Quote
I believe he’s running his mouth and it’ll cost him about a buck fitty to prove me wrong.

Let’s see that Blade HQ purchase verification, @JonCM
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn y'all are making the Stag thread look like a  nothingburger.  In on 50
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I dunno. He's got a lot of cash sunk in backstock. I might be trying to sell 'em before word spreads too much. Even hard core gunnies will understand if you cut them to slim margins just to get out from under them.
View Quote
He needs to advertise that he is selling out and not reordering.

I don't fault anyone stuck holding stock from before this news came out.  Same as I don't fault any current BM owners who continue to carry what they already own.  Nor would I mind too much buying a BM second hand since that money doesn't go into BM's coffers.

But anyone trying to sell through and then re-order more BM stuff? Not with my dime!
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Can confirm sandpaper works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXn358iYUzU
View Quote
Holy Shit it disappeared

BRAVO
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Love them or not, everyone knows where Cold Steel stands on individual liberty AND self defense.

And now, as of yesterday, we all know where Benchmade stands as well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Damn y'all are making the Stag thread look like a  nothingburger.  In on 50
View Quote
I never clicked on the Stag thread.

What happened there?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

On a side note, I have mostly avoided Cold Steel folders because of their somewhat "mall ninja" marketing.  However, that folder in the picture looks pretty nice and not at all like much of their older stuff.
View Quote
The high end Cold Steel folders with the Tri-ad locking system are beasts. Probably the strongest locking system in the world.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You'd be surprised what ends up being used in various crimes. In my experience, the police are acting under a court order when they destroy evidence. I know it sucks, but they can't keep them forever and the local community often has a fit if they are sold back to an FFL and the same gun ends up being used in a crime AGAIN.

ETA: Especially if it's used in a homicide. And if a cop gets killed? All hell breaks loose. Usually the guns are test fired for ballistic evidence, i.e., not real popular to own after the projectiles and casings are entered into the database.
View Quote
Crime evidence is one thing, but owners have a right to return of stolen firearms just like all of the other stolen goods where an owner is found. I would bet most of the firearms they have are "safekeeping", not criminal evidence.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Welp, the thread at blade forums about their statement was just locked.
View Quote
People getting out of hand or protecting a sponsor?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Thread needs more Spyderco pics

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes. Try this.

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks like it's Zumbo time for Benchmade and Surefire.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Why would I give you a knife when I can ebay it an hurt the brands resale value?
View Quote
I have eBayed 5 gold class Benchmade over the years...It felt nice
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Looks like it's Zumbo time for Benchmade and Surefire.
View Quote
What did Surefire do?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Them helping destroy guns that the law guaranteed were going to be destroyed anyways doesn't anger me as much as their donations to shitbag democrats

Glad I've always been too cheap to buy their shit
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Them helping destroy guns that the law guaranteed were going to be destroyed anyways doesn't anger me as much as their donations to shitbag democrats

Glad I've always been too cheap to buy their shit
View Quote
Same here, but I've bought 8 of their knives.  No more for me, I'll take my business to Spyderco, Protech and ZT.
Page / 95
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top