Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2021 3:56:28 PM EDT
NEW YORK — After more than a year of talk, it’s official: The Theodore Roosevelt statue in front of the American Museum of Natural History is coming down.

The New York City Public Design Commission voted unanimously at a public meeting Monday to relocate the statue by long-term loan to a cultural institution dedicated to the life and legacy of the former president. (No institution has been designated yet, and discussions about its ultimate destination are ongoing.)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unanimous-vote-final-step-toward-120847010.htm
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Now do Saint FDR and his commie bitch.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
and TR didn't even own slaves.

How long before................

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Soon to be replaced with a statue of the patron saint of counterfeiters and junkies, George Floyd.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Just no, I have had enough of this crap.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I can live the rest of my life without ever visiting NYC again. Don't even care.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Guessing they'll replace it with a giant statue of St Floyd?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

But his uncle was a Confederate officer.
His UNCLE!!!!!

Plus, he was WHITE, for God's sake!!?

WHITE!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you realize that the past, starting from yesterday, has been actually abolished?  Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And that process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:05:07 PM EDT
[#10]
NYC can drop off the face of the map for all I care!!  
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can live the rest of my life without ever visiting NYC again. Don't even care.
View Quote

You think this is only about NYC?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Oh it is all coming down. Every last bit.
In a generation every reference to or celebration of any founding father will be erased.

The future is black, rainbows, trans, raza etc..
No room for evil white men, slave owners, racists etc.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#13]
First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do you realize that the past, starting from yesterday, has been actually abolished?  Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And that process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

View Quote

The Dem. Party is the new NAZI party.
Everything they have tried/done thus far is straight out of th Nazi playbook. Suppress the economy, Erase  & rewrite history, take over the education system, reeducate our children, control the media with only 1 failure Which is..Disarm the citizens!
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Everything they have tried/done thus far is straight out of th Nazi playbook. Suppress the economy, Erase  & rewrite history, take over the education system, reeducate our children, control the media with only 1 failure Which is..Disarm the citizens!
View Quote
Once all the other stuff is successful, that last one becomes much easier.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Question is,are we able to stop it at this point?

Or are we too far gone, and future people will look back at us like we look back at those that saw the Nazi's rise to power?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Probably going to Sagamore Hill out here.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#18]

This one is probably higher up on the shit list.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#19]
He’s one of the original Progressives, go ahead Fred.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Send it to me. I’ll be happy to care for it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#21]
As long as communists are in a position of power, any special interest group will cry about what they feel oppresses them.

And as long as the country is naming streets, schools, bridges, how about no more statues at all. No more names for anything. Take ALL statues and haul them away. No Washington street, no more mlk.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Good, he and his family were some of the original progressives.  i honestly don't care about the other good things he did.  The evil he stood for outweighs all the good.  fuck him and his cousin FDR.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#23]
The statue shows Roosevelt on a horse, flanked by a Native American and African American. You can't ignore that it is some type of representation of Roosevelt leading the others in some way. Exactly what it means is open to interpretation, and even can change in time. So honor Roosevelt appropriately with a statue of just him. Once you have representations of multiple people in a statue or other memorial, how you present them can start to imply a narrative of hierarchy, and I don't think that is what Roosevelt was about.

For comparison, and also in New York City, the American Merchant Mariners' Memorial in the Hudson river is a powerful memorial with no hierarchy, just a group of sailors struggling in the ocean. It's an incredible work, and to see it in person, with an unknown sailor reaching for life really captures the sacrifice of these sailors. Similarly, the statue of George Washington at Federal Hall in NYC, a few blocks away, shows an image of Washington being sworn in to office, but keeps the focus on Washington himself as an idealized character.

So I'm fine with relocating the current statue and installing a better one of Roosevelt. These types of art are meant to be idealizations, so we should idealize our best aspirations. America is great because it offers opportunity and self determination over the hierarchy and artificial barriers imposed in other places. I believe some of our best attributes is our culture of individual freedom and self determination, and I think we should remind ourselves of that.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#24]
They’re gonna tear down Robin Williams?  Fuckers….
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good, he and his family were some of the original progressives.  i honestly don't care about the other good things he did.  The evil he stood for outweighs all the good.  fuck him and his cousin FDR.
View Quote

This is just as moronic as the guys cheering on taking down confederate statues because "ackshually they were democrats" last year.
They're not tearing him down for being progressive. They're tearing him down for being a patriotic white man and they won't stop with him
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Wasn't Teddy an NYC police commissioner before being president?
Didn't he help found that museum?
Plus he was an avid outdoorsman who had natives as friends and invited the first black man to eat at the white house.

Not woke enough still, apparently.

How long before night at the museum is erased for having TR in it?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This is just as moronic as the guys cheering on taking down confederate statues because "ackshually they were democrats" last year.
They're not tearing him down for being progressive. They're tearing him down for being a patriotic white man and they won't stop with him
View Quote

This. Some of you really need to stop being stupid fucking communist sympathizers and use your brains.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#28]
I would like to drop NYC on SoCal.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Yup, TR invited Booker T Washington to dine at the white house, making it the first time a black was invited to eat there.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/05/the-first-african-american-invited-to-dinner-at-the-white-house/

He was also the founder of the conservation movement.

Dude was ultra progressive for his time frame.

But nothing is enough. If TR can't even meet the modern woke standards ot NYC, where he was commissioner and then governor, there is no hope for any historical white figure.

This is all aimed at destroying our country and white people.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The statue shows Roosevelt on a horse, flanked by a Native American and African American. You can't ignore that it is some type of representation of Roosevelt leading the others in some way. Exactly what it means is open to interpretation, and even can change in time. So honor Roosevelt appropriately with a statue of just him. Once you have representations of multiple people in a statue or other memorial, how you present them can start to imply a narrative of hierarchy, and I don't think that is what Roosevelt was about.

For comparison, and also in New York City, the American Merchant Mariners' Memorial in the Hudson river is a powerful memorial with no hierarchy, just a group of sailors struggling in the ocean. It's an incredible work, and to see it in person, with an unknown sailor reaching for life really captures the sacrifice of these sailors. Similarly, the statue of George Washington at Federal Hall in NYC, a few blocks away, shows an image of Washington being sworn in to office, but keeps the focus on Washington himself as an idealized character.

So I'm fine with relocating the current statue and installing a better one of Roosevelt. These types of art are meant to be idealizations, so we should idealize our best aspirations. America is great because it offers opportunity and self determination over the hierarchy and artificial barriers imposed in other places. I believe some of our best attributes is our culture of individual freedom and self determination, and I think we should remind ourselves of that.
View Quote

If there are no "sailors of color or one of the 68 genders" expect that at some point to be declared racist/sexist/homophobe/transphobe and removed at some point. That's what this is all about--cultural Marxism and erasure of our history and culture. Do not apply any sort of logical reasoning into it.
Top Top