BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do a lot of that already, voluntarily.  And even I chafe at the thought of it being a law.

Liberty is inherently dangerous, but preferable to the "safety" of subjugation.
View Quote

I think you’d find a good many of us here in the state do it to some degree…..investments need to be protected after all. However, we sure as shit aren’t gonna take to being TOLD we have to do it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Weird they have so much hate for the right they attack what they assume is ours.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#4]
We fostered kids back in early 90s. There was 0 conversation on that. We even has to have a home study done. 0 firearms even discussed.  Bet it's definitely discussed now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Liberty is inherently dangerous, but preferable to the "safety" of subjugation.
View Quote

This is where I am.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We fostered kids back in early 90s. There was 0 conversation on that. We even has to have a home study done. 0 firearms even discussed.  Bet it's definitely discussed now.
View Quote

We have some acquaintances that had a home study done for foster care.

They were told even though he's an FBI agent, he can't have firearms in the home while fostering.

Wife called up the state and they said something else about it.

Sounds like it's dependent on the person.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep the keys in a "child proof" bottle.

Problem solved.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:44:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
At the rate things are going California gun owners are going to win back their gun rights about the same time as a bunch of other states lose theirs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wait.. people leave their firearms laying around where minors can get them?

View Quote

Yes.

My SIL’s husband did it two years ago. His son ran off with it and blew his head off at the top of the stairs in front of his own dad.

He was going through a tense moment regarding sending nudes to a girl at school. He was 12, and ironically, they live in VA.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:46:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh yeah tons of them. Seriously
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Will you say this when a child of yours is shot at a friends house? I doubt it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What you do in your own home is none of their damn business!

Because there’s not a dozen other laws on the books to charge the parents like child endangerment?  

JFC Californians are fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You have my understanding.  I didn't comprehend until
my state became more like your state, and I'm sorry
for not getting it sooner.  I'd rent y'all a house if I had one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome to my world and not that I totally obey it, but my wife ran a day care in our house for the last 20 years.   She is finally getting away from it thank God.   Washington state rules on not just a locked-up gun, but tons of other stupid shit only liberal hens in a think tank can come up with.  

Thank you, but we do not need another house, were on 6 acres with space around us.   But yes these f'uckers just keep chipping away at all of us and they will never stop.    The laws they come up with are f'ed up draconian.   Sure you can have a gun but lock it up in a safe with a trigger lock, then keep any ammo for it in another place locked up.    

Thing is, these idiot liberals are so worried about someone else being safe from guns I own or anyone else.  But WTF about me and my family.  I am a responsible gun owner and I have the right to protect my family and me.   Yet HTF are you supposed to do that with all your shit locked up in 10 different places?    These people are truly out of their minds as we all know.   Where does it end?
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I would imagine that the only way they would be able to enforce it would be to also write in some sort of state inspection to make sure they are all locked up.
I should say, attempt to write it in. Otherwise, it's just a BS law to make them feel like they shook their peckers in the faces of gun owners.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thank you, but we do not need another house, were on 6 acres with space around us.   But yes these f'uckers just keep chipping away at all of us and they will never stop.    The laws they come up with are f'ed up draconian.   Sure you can have a gun but lock it up in a safe with a trigger lock, then keep any ammo for it in another place locked up.    

Thing is, these idiot liberals are so worried about someone else being safe from guns I own or anyone else.  But WTF about me and my family.  I am a responsible gun owner and I have the right to protect my family and me.   Yet HTF are you supposed to do that with all your shit locked up in 10 different places?    These people are truly out of their minds as we all know.   Where does it end?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome to my world and not that I totally obey it, but my wife ran a day care in our house for the last 20 years.   She is finally getting away from it thank God.   Washington state rules on not just a locked-up gun, but tons of other stupid shit only liberal hens in a think tank can come up with.  

Lobby Day didn't teach the government how to govern.

It taught us to be free.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:57:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

?

My minor children have their own guns.  They hunt and shoot predators on the farm by themselves all the time.

I kept my guns in my bedroom when I was a kid.  I went hunting on my own at 9 years old.  I also shot groundhogs that were digging the barn foundation from the porch after school.  We had a rifle in the bathroom (bathroom had a large window by the shitter - an old farmhouse with the bathroom added when the house was already 100 years old in the 1950s) to shoot varmints.

How was I supposed to use my guns if they were locked up?  How are my kids supposed to use their guns if they’re locked up?  Some of us use guns as daily tools, not toys and larping accessories.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:58:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lobby Day didn't teach the government how to govern.

It taught us to be free.
View Quote

Well said!
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#17]
So sharp knives, gasoline and lighters out in the open are still good to go right? How about a tub full of water?.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:03:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

When the toddler shoots the other toddler with dads “I thought it was empty” sigma and mom calls 911 screaming.
View Quote

Trick question… no toddler has the hand strength to pull the trigger on a sigma
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:08:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I would imagine that the only way they would be able to enforce it would be to also write in some sort of state inspection to make sure they are all locked up.
I should say, attempt to write it in. Otherwise, it's just a BS law to make them feel like they shook their peckers in the faces of gun owners.
View Quote

Yep, and all it would take is one of the parents of the kids my wife watched to say, they have guns. Even with complying to their BS crap.  We would probably be shut down for however long and make the King 5 Seattle news as lord knows what.   Now days, probably racist Trump supporting far right gun owners abusing children with weapons under our bed.  

Quick story, about 10+ years ago, a state licenser came by to inspect the childcare yes, they did that once maybe twice a year except when the Rona lockdown was in place, we never saw them.    So, she walks around the house, well it's been raining, it's the f'ing PNW.   There is a mud puddle in the grass behind the house.   She writes it up and says we (I) need to create drainage for the 2" mud puddle.  No shit, because a child could get out of the house wander around back behind the house and drown in said mud puddle.    

Thats how f'ed up these people are.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It was completely normal for my friends and I to go unsupervised wandering around the countryside with my FAL, my brothers M1 Carbine, and the SKS and 10/22 that belonged to our friends....at 12 years old. We also all kept our firearms in our own rooms growing up starting at 12, which was the age to get a hunting license.

It is unfortunate that some people think that is extreme, because culturally in Idaho and Montana it is pretty normal.
View Quote

Sounds like my childhood.  I think most of these guys were raised in suburban neighborhoods and have a completely different experience with guns and gun culture than people like us growing up.  

Guns were just part of the daily experience.  Not special, just there, and we understood the dangers but weren’t intimidated - even at 9 or 10 years old.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#21]
If only they offered $200 off locking cabinets GD would be rushing to sign up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Unfortunately they do. Even here, people think locked up when not on you is an extreme position.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately they do. Even here, people think locked up when not on you is an extreme position.

Because it absolutely is extreme to have such a practice forced by law, if you choose to lock them OK.

Not all circumstances are the same either. A ranch family having a few firearms around that regularly get used by teenagers in the course ranch work is not the same as leaving a loaded Glock on the coffee table with a toddler running around. Unfortunately the law isn't going to see a difference.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

To be honest Virginia and West Virginia are know to have lots of poor miners who are know to be dirty bastards…

Lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What you do in your own home is none of their damn business!

Would you also want them charged if there is a swimming pool, power tool, or bicycle accident ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

To be honest Virginia and West Virginia are know to have lots of poor miners who are know to be dirty bastards…

Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Plenty of bros in Maine living their life off the sea I would be able to have a beer with.

It is the ideas I think sometimes the new Englanders miss, they see a problem, but can't recognize it won't be solved by regulation. The poorer, often less educated people can see that.

For what it is worth I have always enjoyed my time in Maine
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm assuming this is sarcasm.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is. Guns should be in reach at all times. Minors part of home defense plan.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had my first shotgun in my room, with shells, at age 12.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:28:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes.

My SIL’s husband did it two years ago. His son ran off with it and blew his head off at the top of the stairs in front of his own dad.

He was going through a tense moment regarding sending nudes to a girl at school. He was 12, and ironically, they live in VA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Sad. Don't think I'm changing my life because of their family problems. It isn't even on the table.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Because there's not a dozen other laws on the books to charge the parents like child endangerment?  

JFC Californians are fucking retarded.
View Quote
His responses are the epitome of an NPC...
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It was completely normal for my friends and I to go unsupervised wandering around the countryside with my FAL, my brothers M1 Carbine, and the SKS and 10/22 that belonged to our friends....at 12 years old. We also all kept our firearms in our own rooms growing up starting at 12, which was the age to get a hunting license.

It is unfortunate that some people think that is extreme, because culturally in Idaho and Montana it is pretty normal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was normal for me as well. Usually had an SKS & 56S in my vehicle in the high school parking lot.

The world has changed. A glass window is no longer enough to prevent theft.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I know this site is mostly boomers but I have a similar story.

I was 12 and my dad got transferred and he said "Gonna need to teach you to shoot son, it's weird if you can't"

So my firearms training began, but it might not have, had I not moved to the Midwest. When i arrived, after basic instruction I found every kid also did know the same and my dad was right. My first Christmas in Minnesota, after the holiday my only friend at the time was like "I got this sweet new bird gun, as soon my dad comes home we can totally check it out. But you can see it now since it's in the glass case"

Kinda uniquely Minnesotan on a number of levels, to include the "safe storage" was behind glass. But i mean come on, are you going to break the glass and steal a gun and shoot it? Absolutely fucking not.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
What if your child chokes on a marshmallow while at a friends house, We need the government to pass a law requiring people to lock up their marshmallows. Think of the children.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

When the toddler shoots the other toddler with dads “I thought it was empty” sigma and mom calls 911 screaming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
how would they find out?
Door to door searches?

LOL, this is a feel good BS law....which I am sure they will abuse.

Sigma, are you kidding... Have you ever tried pulling the trigger on a Sigma?
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So sharp knives, gasoline and lighters out in the open are still good to go right? How about a tub full of water?.
View Quote

I wouldn’t leave those things where children too young to responsibly use them would have access to them either. You store your kitchen knifes in your toddlers play pen or something?
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Because it absolutely is extreme to have such a practice forced by law, if you choose to lock them OK.

Not all circumstances are the same either. A ranch family having a few firearms around that regularly get used by teenagers in the course ranch work is not the same as leaving a loaded Glock on the coffee table with a toddler running around. Unfortunately the law isn't going to see a difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one has said having this law is a good idea.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I wouldn’t leave those things where children too young to responsibly use them would have access to them either. You store your kitchen knifes in your toddlers play pen or something?
View Quote

I think you missed my point. The government gets a hardon over regulating guns yet seems to be ok with other dangers. Regulating gun storage is not about protecting kids. If that were the case they would regulate everything.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I think you missed my point. The government gets a hardon over regulating guns yet seems to be ok with other dangers. Regulating gun storage is not about protecting kids. If that were the case they would regulate everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even worse my Nebraskan friend, they desire to regulate everything. If you don't think they're coming for your Dorothy Lynch you are sorely mistaken.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm so fucking tired of liberals and their stupid bullshit
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:51:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Even worse my Nebraskan friend, they desire to regulate everything. If you don't think they're coming for your Dorothy Lynch you are sorely mistaken.

View Quote

I lost all my Dorothy Lynch in a boating accident.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:51:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://wtop.com/virginia/2023/01/gun-owners-in-virginia-urged-to-lock-it-up/

Under the legislation, adults would need to store their guns “in a locked container, compartment or cabinet,” if anyone under 18-years-old is in the home.

Ammunition would need to be “in a separate locked container, compartment or cabinet,” and the key or combination to the containers would need to be “inaccessible to any minor.”

Those who violate the rule could be charged with a misdemeanor for each gun that is not in a locked containe
View Quote

LMAO!!

My guns stay loaded.

Fuck you commies!
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I leave mine out in serving trays next to the M&M's.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#44]
They can lock deez nuts in their mouths. Anything they can do to poke someone they don’t like in the eye
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:55:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that is a good Nebraskan. Hopefully you also you lost your Midwestern women, sensible agriculture, and beef in the same accident. You don't want the federal government looking for it. They are dicks.

Do not tell GD Hornady is from Grand Island and they're just a couple of good bros way out punching their weight.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:07:48 AM EDT
[#46]
I received permission from school authorities to bring my entire gun collection to 6th grade for show-and-tell.

At the time, the collection consisted of:
3 air rifles
12 gauge Sears single barrel shotgun
20 gauge Mossberg bolt-action shotgun
Winchester model 190 semi-automatic .22

I killed everyone in the class.

I bored them to death.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Well, fuck.  Do we have to go to Richmond again and tell those retards that we're not having this shit?
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Isn't that just a plain violation of Heller?
View Quote

Yup.  I live in Virginia.  The Dems in this nation--at every level--are out of control.

Years ago we had a representative (Dick Saslaw) from Northern Virginia claim that no restaurant in his district serves anyone who open carried...that the restaurants all deny service out of concerns for everyone's safety.  We all knew better.  We all dined out quite frequently with no issues.  So we decided to have a bunch of Open Carry Meal Events in Saslaw's district.  Word got back to the senator, so he sent faxes to the local restaurants asking them to deny us service.  I don't know how that fax was worded, but one restaurant owner was almost in tears and highly apologetic when he asked us to disarm or leave...and some of the guys were regulars there.

Wrap your head around that.  A state politician sent out faxes to private businesses asking them to deny service to a class of citizen that the politician personally dislikes!!!  Only a fvcking Democrat could get away with that.  Only a fvcking Democrat would be low enough to even do such a thing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hmmm….

My 8 year old owns 12 pocket knives (10 folders, 2 fixed blade).  He keeps them in his dresser drawers.  My other 4 kids have as many or more.

There’s about 20 gallons in gasoline sitting in cans in the barn.  15 of that is mixed gas for the kids dirt bikes - that they ride wherever they want.

The oxyacetylene torch is about 20 feet away from the gas, right beside the welder.  There is at least 3 plumbers torches sitting around in the barn as well.  Kids have full access to all the barns.  My 11 year old son, 16 year old daughter, and 18 year old son are pretty good welders.  The 8 year old is learning.  He’s getting the hang of MIG.

We have large, open tubs of water on the farm.  You may know them as “troughs”.

You guys think that kind of life is scary?  Irresponsible?
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:15:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yup.  I live in Virginia.  The Dems in this nation--at every level--are out of control.

Years ago we had a representative (Dick Saslaw) from Northern Virginia claim that no restaurant in his district serves anyone who open carried...that the restaurants all deny service out of concerns for everyone's safety.  We all knew better.  We all dined out quite frequently with no issues.  So we decided to have a bunch of Open Carry Meal Events in Saslaw's district.  Word got back to the senator, so he sent faxes to the local restaurants asking them to deny us service.  I don't know how that fax was worded, but one restaurant owner was almost in tears and highly apologetic when he asked us to disarm or leave...and some of the guys were regulars there.

Wrap your head around that.  A state politician sent out faxes to private businesses asking them to deny service to a class of citizen that the politician personally dislikes!!!  Only a fvcking Democrat could get away with that.  Only a fvcking Democrat would be low enough to even do such a thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't that just a plain violation of Heller?

My friend the solution is simple. Don't let them get away with it a second time.

And it is a giant cock fight, I wish it wasn't, but it is.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top