Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 27
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#1]
The house judiciary committee isn’t done adding amendments so they’re breaking for lunch.
2pm is the estimated time that they’ll take up the bill.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No mention of magazines.

No specific mention of universal background checks.

He knows both are included in the bill.
View Quote
Yes - he is hiding from pain he knows he is bringing on himself.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No mention of magazines.

View Quote
That’s the same response I got in the mail weeks ago.  I guess he just won’t say what he thinks of the new stuff.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No mention of magazines.

View Quote
Same bullshit email he has had his secretary reply with for weeks. He's not reading anything from us.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Same bullshit email he has had his secretary reply with for weeks. He's not reading anything from us.
View Quote
Yup. I think I have four of those already.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No mention of magazines.

View Quote
Weasel.  I wouldn't buy get a used car from this dick if he was giving it away free with free BJs from top shelf hookers.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Bizarre amendments being added:

https://legislature.vermont.gov/assets/Documents/2018/Docs/CALENDAR/hc180327.pdf

Speaker's line is being answered. Just called AGAIN.

NO on s.55

802-828-2245
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Goddamn Phil Scott is taking a beating on his facebook page.  I can only imagine how much shit has gone his way in the last month.  He can't post anything without people shitting on him about his new stance on guns.  His latest post a couple hours ago about keeping his promise on taxes has 250 comments about s.55.  I saw a couple that supported him, the rest against.  He's going to have to move out of state and change his name if he ever wants to stop hearing about it.
View Quote
Couldn't happen to a more deserving traitor.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#9]
The reps are making their way back into the room so hopefully they’ll start soon.
I’m not sure about the floor but the balcony is full up of pro gun folks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Starting now.  9 to 10 or more amendments will be proposed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#11]
An amendment has been approved that allows FFLs to sell their current inventory of “high cap” magazines until October 1st.

It also clarified some background check language but nothing exciting there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#12]
An amendment has been approved that allows you to take your grandfathered mags out of state and return without being charged with importing mags.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like my wonderful boomer generation strikes again.
View Quote
What a clueless comment.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#14]
An amendment has been approved that clarifies that law enforcement officers are above the mag ban.  Sounds like local FFLs will be able to sell mags to those above the law as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Mr. Bow tie doesn’t know if out of staters can bring their mags with them for a shoot in Vt now.  Meeting of the minds underway to find out!
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There's a reason why the speaker of the house in VT refused public comment on the bill, and the Democrats voted it down, and it isn't because it's popular.
View Quote
Is there grounds for a suit based on not having meetings to hear public opinion?
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mr. Bow tie doesn’t know if out of staters can bring their mags with them for a shoot in Vt now.  Meeting of the minds underway to find out!
View Quote
No out of staters can bring their mags into VT!
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Mr. Bow tie doesn't know if out of staters can bring their mags with them for a shoot in Vt now.  Meeting of the minds underway to find out!
View Quote
If they don't even have this basic type of stuff figured out by now how can any of them think it's a good idea to vote on anything at this point. It's super fucked up is what it is.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF. So severely restricts constitutional carry then.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is super fucked up  
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
An amendment has been approved that clarifies that law enforcement officers are above the mag ban.  Sounds like local FFLs will be able to sell mags to those above the law as well.
View Quote
Such crap right here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That is super fucked up  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is super fucked up  
I imagine they mean high caps?
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes.  Any high cap mags brought to VT that aren’t grandfathered in VT can be punishable under this bill.  This includes any “out of state” high cap mags even for a range trip.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yes.  Any high cap mags brought to VT that aren't grandfathered in VT can be punishable under this bill.  This includes any "out of state" high cap mags even for a range trip.
View Quote
Maybe I missed it but what's "high capacity"? Over 10 rounds?
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe I missed it but what's "high capacity"? Over 10 rounds?
View Quote
As of right now yes.  That may or may not change to 15rds for pistols only.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#26]
123-21 They voted for an amendment to allow local manufacturers to sell high caps out of state.  I guess they’re too dangerous for VT residents but not too dangerous for other states.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

As of right now yes.  That may or may not change to 15rds for pistols only.
View Quote
so that would effect carry from out of state as many pistols hold over 10, or even 15.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#28]
My rep tried an amendment that would stike out the mag ban.  It was declinded.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
123-21 They voted for an amendment to allow local manufacturers to sell high caps out of state.  I guess they're too dangerous for VT residents but not too dangerous for other states.
View Quote
This whole thing is so fucked up. How can they sit there with a straight face and say this is all about safety and overwhelming vote to allow that? All I can say at this point is a hopefully there is lawyer who can use this to poke holes in the state's argument for safety and a judge who can see through all this bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like AR/AK mags are a no go, but there is something about increasing pistol magazine size to 15 rounds, so G19 size firearms can still be carried by out of state visitors.  At least that is my take.

ETA beat like a red headed step child
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
123-21 They voted for an amendment to allow local manufacturers to sell high caps out of state.  I guess they’re too dangerous for VT residents but not too dangerous for other states.
View Quote
Who makes mags there out of curiosity??

Magpul left CO over that shit
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#32]
A proposed amendment that would allow 15 rounds for pistols has been approved.  That amendment also allows an exemption for lever action and bolt action rifles, as well as an exemption for antique guns (1898 or earlier).

Pump actions that hold more than 10 rounds are still banned unless owned previously.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Atlas Gunworks makes 2011 comp guns in Ferrisburg and Century Arms in Fairfax VT
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Who makes mags there out of curiosity??

Magpul left CO over that shit
View Quote
Century arms imports them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Another amendment proposed that changes the definition of antique to include curio and relic guns is being discussed with regards to high cap magazines.
Not sure exactly what that means.

They’re in recess for a little to find out if they want to apply that to c and r replicas.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Another amendment proposed that changes the definition of antique to include curio and relic guns is being discussed with regards to high cap magazines.

They’re in recess for a little to find out if they want to apply that to c and r replicas.
View Quote
This amendment has been approved.  Does not apply to replicas of curio and relic guns.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#37]
An amendment that allows bump stock owners to anonymously turn in their bump stocks had been approved.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#38]
An amendment has passed that I’m not sure about.  It’s from a rep from Burlington if anyone wants to look it up.  Maybe something about law enforcement doing background checks?

Suppressor talk is up now, this is my rep so it should be good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This amendment has been approved.  Does not apply to replicas of curio and relic guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SP1s just got more popular in VT.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#40]
The suppressor stuff was shot down as it’s not related to the bill.   It would have allowed suppressors for hunting.

None of the gun control shit is related to the original bill either.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#41]
GOVT meeting in Barre tonight.

6pm at the VFW
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#42]
They’re taking a recess to discuss an amendment that would allow dealers to sell mags and bump stocks they still have come October 1st to the state of VT for their value.
I’m sure it will be voted down.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
An amendment that allows bump stock owners to anonymously turn in their bump stocks had been approved.
View Quote
How fucking nice of the King to allow the serfs to anonymously turn in their bump stocks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Ya this is getting crazier by the minute. How are our numbers in the crowd? I was there this morning but had to leave after the press conference
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#45]
It was packed when they started, at least in the balcony.  People peeking in the doorways to watch.  2/3s full now I’d say.

Another shitty move to delay it when we all showed up this morning.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Depressing.

As in CT, they don't listen to reason from the people at all.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#47]
It’s just amazing how quickly tyranny moves.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#48]
How I wish the fudds could get thrown under the bus as well! No firearms at all- none! No bows- none! Crossbows- none! That will never happen though as they carve out niches to divide the people-
But if they are going to go retard, I say go all the fucking way and ban everything- even black powder.... fuck it, ban knives too

Long as I gets my heroin and weeds
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They’re taking a recess to discuss an amendment that would allow dealers to sell mags and bump stocks they still have come October 1st to the state of VT for their value.
I’m sure it will be voted down.
View Quote
This was voted down 97-47.  That was a good waste of time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Is there grounds for a suit based on not having meetings to hear public opinion?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a reason why the speaker of the house in VT refused public comment on the bill, and the Democrats voted it down, and it isn't because it's popular.
I don't know if there is any legal requirement.  There's certainly an moral requirement to hear the public as a representative.
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top